• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Building Bridges to the Unity of Humanity

Building bridges to the Unity of Humamity will require a plan?

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
This OP came about as this topic was raised in other threads. About building bridges between faiths and peoples, it was suggested the Baha'i approach was not conducive to building bridges.

I would suggest that to build bridges one first have a plan, and this is the level that humanity is currently at, the bridges are not able to be built without plans. Currently the Baha'i are putting forward a concept plan. The plan has to be embraced as the projects drawing, and then much more planing will be required before the bridge building process can start.

The concept plan for the peace process was offered by the Baha'i to the entire world in 1986. It was the 1985 "The Promise of World Peace" message given by the Baha'i Universal House of Justice.

The introductory passage is as follows.

October 1985

To the Peoples of the World:

"The Great Peace towards which people of good will throughout the centuries have inclined their hearts, of which seers and poets for countless generations have expressed their vision, and for which from age to age the sacred scriptures of mankind have constantly held the promise, is now at long last within the reach of the nations. For the first time in history it is possible for everyone to view the entire planet, with all its myriad diversified peoples, in one perspective. World peace is not only possible but inevitable. It is the next stage in the evolution of this planet—in the words of one great thinker, “the planetization of mankind”...."

This was followed by a frank statement, that well frankly, it has happened;

"... Whether peace is to be reached only after unimaginable horrors precipitated by humanity’s stubborn clinging to old patterns of behaviour, or is to be embraced now by an act of consultative will, is the choice before all who inhabit the earth. At this critical juncture when the intractable problems confronting nations have been fused into one common concern for the whole world, failure to stem the tide of conflict and disorder would be unconscionably irresponsible..."

The document contains much advice that has been given to us before the first world war, it asks humanity to start the bridge building process, by embracing the concept plan given to them in 1985. From that concept plan, the architecture and drafting of the final plan can be realised.

The document contains visions such as the following summary that is my personal summary of some aspects of what the bridge foundations will be built upon.

The unity of humanity will require the unity of Nations and this will require the setting of National boundaries. These boundaries will be enforced by an international federation of Nations, bound in international law, and enforced by them with an international peace keeping army.

The Nations will all disarm simultaneously, apart for the required weapons to maintain internal police forces. There will be no weapons of mass destruction.

Each Nation will have its own democratically elected Government and the people will elect their representatives for that will represent the Nation on the world federational parliament. Minority Nations will have greater representation.

This is the next stage humanity must acheive, the building of the "Lesser Peace".

This is in the General Debate section to allow full participation.

Does anyone else have a concept plan they would like to submit to help build bridges to the unity of humanity?

Is there anything in the concept plan, that in you opinion, will not work?

download (11).jpeg

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
There will never be unity. Simply the fact that the bahais suggest it is enough to show it's nonsense.
I would offer your mind is still focussed on the old world order of events, a mindset that does need to change.

Those that see a new world order, based on the oneness of humanity, and there are most likely billions with that mindset, see peace is just around the corner.

Regards Tony

ppp

This OP came about as this topic was raised in other threads. About building bridges between faiths and peoples, it was suggested the Baha'i approach was not conducive to building bridges.

I would suggest that to build bridges one first have a plan, and this is the level that humanity is currently at, the bridges are not able to be built without plans. Currently the Baha'i are putting forward a concept plan. The plan has to be embraced as the projects drawing, and then much more planing will be required before the bridge building process can start.

The concept plan for the peace process was offered by the Baha'i to the entire world in 1986. It was the 1985 "The Promise of World Peace" message given by the Baha'i Universal House of Justice.

October 1985

"The Great Peace towards which people of good will throughout the centuries have inclined their hearts, of which seers and poets for countless generations have expressed their vision, and for which from age to age the sacred scriptures of mankind have constantly held the promise, is now at long last within the reach of the nations. For the first time in history it is possible for everyone to view the entire planet, with all its myriad diversified peoples, in one perspective. World peace is not only possible but inevitable. It is the next stage in the evolution of this planet—in the words of one great thinker, “the planetization of mankind”...."

"... Whether peace is to be reached only after unimaginable horrors precipitated by humanity’s stubborn clinging to old patterns of behaviour, or is to be embraced now by an act of consultative will, is the choice before all who inhabit the earth. At this critical juncture when the intractable problems confronting nations have been fused into one common concern for the whole world, failure to stem the tide of conflict and disorder would be unconscionably irresponsible..."

The document contains much advice that has been given to us before the first world war, it asks humanity to start the bridge building process, by embracing the concept plan given to them in 1985. From that concept plan, the architecture and drafting of the final plan can be realised.

The document contains visions such as the following summary that is my personal summary of some aspects of what the bridge foundations will be built upon.

The unity of humanity will require the unity of Nations and this will require the setting of National boundaries. These boundaries will be enforced by an international federation of Nations, bound in international law, and enforced by them with an international peace keeping army.

The Nations will all disarm simultaneously, apart for the required weapons to maintain internal police forces. There will be no weapons of mass destruction.

Each Nation will have its own democratically elected Government and the people will elect their representatives for that will represent the Nation on the world federational parliament. Minority Nations will have greater representation.

This is the next stage humanity must acheive, the building of the "Leaser Peace".

Does anyone else have a concept plan they would like to submit to help build bridges to the unity of humanity?

View attachment 97406

Regards Tony
That is not a plan. That is a statement of goals and intent.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

October 1985

This is the next stage humanity must acheive, the building of the "Leaser Peace".

View attachment 97406

Regards Tony
It's very nice on principal, but it's just not realistic.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
That is not a plan. That is a statement of goals and intent.
The sundry documents called upon in that statement are yet to be tabled.

It appears you will not open to take part in the viewing of the plans?

regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
It's very nice on principal, but it's just not realistic.
I have an 100% optimistic view that it is not only possible by inevitable.

These dark days of war and hate across nations, peoples and religions is already foretold. It is at our darkness hour that the sun of humanities unity will finally shine.

Why humanity has to face great destruction before they see the benefit of unity, well that is beyond a reasoning minds grasp. It makes no sense, yet time after time humanity looks for unity after first causing great destruction or suffering from natural disasters.

Maybe, just maybe, this time we will learn the lesson!

Regards Tony

ppp

The sundry documents called upon in that statement are yet to be tabled.

regards Tony
Neither my actions nor attitudes should have any bearing on your being candid and forthcoming. Let's pretend I am a mustache twirling villain. Now what?

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Neither my actions nor attitudes should have any bearing on your being candid and forthcoming. Let's pretend I am a mustache twirling villain. Now what?
Let's say you are elected to a committee to ask for preliminary proposals for a lasting peace for humanity. Your job is to review them with the committee. Your own personal views will need to consider what was tabled as being valid on its own merits.

These are the proposals being put forward, unless you are putting one of your own forward?

So what is your first step?

Regards Tony

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It seems that what you have there is a concept of a plan, not an actual plan, and not a clear concept, either.

What you call unity is an unrealistic goal. The best we can hope for is mutual tolerance and the absence of war, terrorism, human trafficking, drug trafficking, the absence if gun violence, a cessation of the despoilation of the planet including global warming, and the like. The world is up against formidable foes and obstacles that benefit (or think they do) from those practices.
  • You've got the autocracies like Putin's and his war.
  • You've got the religious terrorists who want to exterminate the Jews and the Jews who want to decimate the Palestinians. Those two will be fighting as long as they live close together and ten years from now, it will be new wars.
  • The Christians have a different vision for man's future, one involving an apocalypse. Zionist Christians are waiting for a great war to destroy Israel.
  • You've got the greedy and selfish capitalists like Musk, who has no interest in peace and who partners with the likes of Trump.
The killed Gandhi and they killed King.

You're not getting past all of that with a plan. If those forces could be subdued, humanists would already have done it.

Humanism is man's last best hope for harmony and tolerance, and there is no plan there - just a vision, and agenda, and a set of values. Every humanist already knows what to do. There's no lack of ideas here, just a lack of a means to implement them. Humanism is why we have free societies and institutions like the UN and NATO. But that's the best we have been able to do to date in the face of these enemies of peace, tolerance, and human well-being.

Religions have no extra answers or insights, and some are part of the problem. I mentioned terrorism and the Middle East. Humanists are fighting the Christian bigots who beset women and LGBTQ+ in the States.

If you want to do what you can to help the problem, no plan is needed. It has to be with your words and deeds, and most can only have a small, local effect.
I have an 100% optimistic view that it is not only possible by inevitable.
If you think it is inevitable, then you don't need a plan. If it's inevitable, nobody can stop it.

Your optimism is unfounded, at least for the next few centuries, for the reasons I just gave you. The long-term outlook might justify optimism, but I think the straightest path to another Enlightenment will be through a severe correction in the way humanity lives due to global warming that disrupts civilization, or perhaps a pandemic that decimates the human population.

That happened following the Black Plague in medieval Europe, when the decimation of the population forced society to restructure itself and allowed many peasants to rise in social status to replace the lost craftsmen and businessmen, and clergy and soldiers, which opened new niches for these people that way the decimation of the dinosaurs did for the mammals.

From Khan Academy:

"The Black Death radically disrupted society, but did the social, political and religious upheaval created by the plague contribute to the Renaissance? Some historians say yes. With so much land readily available to survivors, the rigid hierarchical structure that marked pre-plague society became more fluid ... Normandy, for example, lost 70 to 80 percent of its population. Italy was equally devastated."

Global warming might do something similar. Maybe people will learn from the mistakes of the past and reform their society in a way that excludes most of the errors of the past.

But short of something catastrophic, you'll never get past the enemies of the humanist agenda any time soon however detailed a plan you have.

Regarding your optimism, hope and optimism are different things. Hope refers to what you want, whereas optimism refers to what you expect. Two people at are baseball game, and it's 18-0 in the bottom of the ninth (that's an essentially insurmountable lead near the end of the game in case you're unfamiliar). Both fans hope their team will win, but only one can be optimistic that his team actually will win.

Having said that, I am hopeful for world peace, but not optimistic that man will see that any time soon.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
It seems that what you have there is a concept of a plan, not an actual plan, and not a clear concept, either.
The cover sheet of the plan introduces the scope and introduces the required details of the plan.

One has to start with the overview to understand what the plan will cover then move onto the scope and objectives.

Regards Tony

ppp

The cover sheet of the plan introduces the scope and introduces the required details of the plan.

One has to start with the overview to understand what the plan will cover then move onto the scope and objectives.

Regards Tony
Have you ever constructed a plan before, Tony? The first step is to present a list of the gross steps to be covered, how they will be covered, and to be wrong about some of them. In some cases one is knowingly insufficient. In some cases, one is surprised. Either way, one has a foundation one knows needs to be modified. You have not even presented that basic sort of thing.

You have nothing.

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Have you ever constructed a plan before, Tony? The first step is to present a list of the gross steps to be covered, how they will be covered, and to be wrong about some of them. In some cases one is knowingly insufficient. In some cases, one is surprised. Either way, one has a foundation one knows needs to be modified. You have not even presented that basic sort of thing.

You have nothing.
You have not read the document, it does list necessary steps, a few are as follows.

Some of the underlying problems that must be addressed include:
  • Racism and discrimination based on race, gender and religious belief
  • The inordinate disparity between the rich and the poor
  • Unbridled nationalism
  • Religious strife
  • The inequality between men and women
  • The lack of educational opportunity for many around the world
  • A fundamental lack of communication between peoples. Adopting an international auxiliary language would go far toward resolving this problem and necessitates the most urgent attention.
They identified that, as people increasingly rejected religion as irrelevant, societies around the world then adopted a wider number of ideologies, and that they have failed to serve and support the interests of humanity as a whole.

The statement asserts that a new framework must be adopted based on overarching principles such as noted above. A genuine interest in creating a peaceful and just world must be the driving influence.

In notes that Peace cannot be achieved simply by banning particular weapons, resolving specific conflicts or by signing new treaties. It requires a whole new level of commitment.

That is just a snippet of what is offered.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
You have not read the document, it does list necessary steps, a few are as follows.

Some of the underlying problems that must be addressed include:
  • Racism and discrimination based on race, gender and religious belief
  • The inordinate disparity between the rich and the poor
  • Unbridled nationalism
  • Religious strife
  • The inequality between men and women
  • The lack of educational opportunity for many around the world
  • A fundamental lack of communication between peoples. Adopting an international auxiliary language would go far toward resolving this problem and necessitates the most urgent attention.
They identified that, as people increasingly rejected religion as irrelevant, societies around the world then adopted a wider number of ideologies, and that they have failed to serve and support the interests of humanity as a whole.

The statement asserts that a new framework must be adopted based on overarching principles such as noted above. A genuine interest in creating a peaceful and just world must be the driving influence.

In notes that Peace cannot be achieved simply by banning particular weapons, resolving specific conflicts or by signing new treaties. It requires a whole new level of commitment.

That is just a snippet of what is offered.

Regards Tony

I have read the document. Why are you lying about me?

This document says nothing practical.

Nothing.
There are practical requirements that need to be addressed.

Maybe you see them as too difficult?

Regards Tony