• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cain and abel, then what.

jargin

Good question. The only assumptions you can logically make is that Cain and Abel both had sex with their mother. Either that or Cain and Abel's wives later came from Adam. Those are the only two outcomes that make sense.

That being said, I find it very hard to believe that Adam and Eve were the first two people ever and that everyone came from them. To me it is much more logical to think that humans existed in their basic, primitive form during the time of pangea and that the many years of continental movements and evolution are the reason for the differentiation between human races. Some races are clearly more fit to survive in certain environments.

payak

so they had children to there mother, is that what you are both saying.
we are in the eyes of Abrahamic religions all inbreds.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Adam and eve begat cain and Abel.
where did there wives come from?

genesis is not written in chronological order. The story of cain and able is given early on in the book, but later chapters reveal that Adam and Eve had many children.
Moses gives the names of the male children born to Adam who led to Noah and Abraham.
Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters

Adam and Eve had many children during their long lifetime. Cain married one of his sisters.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
nice, one of his sisters.
no one in christianity is disturbed by this teaching.

Adams wife came from his rib...she was from his own dna.

Cain could have married his sister...people in roman times did it all the time. And the Egyptian pharaohs married their sisters.

shanedawson

25 characters isn't enoug
When I was 7 or 8 and in school learning about this, I sussed that we would all need to be inbreds for this story to hold.

It seems God approves of incest.

payak

they only reproduce with other tribes, tribes that evolved elswhere and were not related.

payak

not if you believed we all come from two people.
but there is certainly far mor evidence suggesting we did not.
my asian wife certainly is not from my tribe

payak

so was the first human black white or asian.
if not all 3 you must believe in evolution as there was one race as you say, and now you know there are many.
so the fact that there are many now, and was only one before would state that your story supports evolution just by stating there was only one man adam.