• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a Christian smoke marijuana?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
So it's a timing issue...today is bad...tomorrow might be better.

How about standing at heaven's door...light one up....knock on the door...
Will they let you in?

Thief, are you intentionally obtuse?

Yes, a lot of things boil down to timing or a set of circumstances. For instance, it's fine to go 70 miles per hour on I 20 during the day, but it's breaking the law to go 70 after dark.

Maybe there's marijuana in heaven and we can sit on our front porches there and smoke it. After all - God created it. It's a natural substance.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief, are you intentionally obtuse?

Yes, a lot of things boil down to timing or a set of circumstances. For instance, it's fine to go 70 miles per hour on I 20 during the day, but it's breaking the law to go 70 after dark.

Maybe there's marijuana in heaven and we can sit on our front porches there and smoke it. After all - God created it. It's a natural substance.

So you DO agree?

A Christian can smoke dope and retain the integrity of their faith?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
oh now.....let's not be wishy washy....

Is it or is it not a matter of faith?....a sinful act and worthy of punishment?
Are you to be shunned?

Ok - I guess you are obtuse.

What did you not understand about my analogy about speed limits. It's not ALWAYS ok to go 70 MPH, and it's not ALWAYS sinful.

Same with weed.

I'm not going to repeat this, by the way. If you don't get it by now, I can't help you.

Psalm57

Personally, I'd rather face down a mob of mellowed-out pot heads than a mob of drunken rednecks.

And I'd much rather face a mob of drunken rednecks than a group of fundies all hopped up on JAY-ZUS!
To each his own. I'll take Jesus anyday.

Will they let you in?
God will say; Dave? Dave's not here man.

"Does God get high? I think so-look at the Platypus" God smirks: yeeahh Hey Darwin! muahahaha-lookat this! is it a duck is it beaver hahahaaaa!! yeahhuh sit n spin(!) muahahahha- Robin Willams
633496335450082779-platypus.jpg
:run:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
No answer is a good answer?

No man is defiled by what enters the mouth.
He is defiled by what comes out.

I would assume that includes what you set before your fellowman as post.
Pot enters the mouth...
Guess it doesn't defile.:cool:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Will they let you in?
they may provide the bong...
Just sayin'

mohammed_beiruti

Sure, a Christian can smoke marijuana.

1 Corinthians 6:12
"All things are allowed, but not all things are beneficial. Still, all things are allowed, but I will not be enslaved by anything."

Paul says yes, as long as it doesn't prevent you from following the teachings of Jesus, basically.

from that perspective , beneficial Vs. harmful

shall we measure whether it is more harmful than being beneficial.

foregt the marijuana, if someone has diabetes, we can consider desserts harmful.

Allah has provide us with a body and had trusted us to keep it away from harm as much as we can, if we didn't do so that means we are killing our self, in another word we commit suicide.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment.

if you damaged your health intentionally, it means you are commiting a crime of killing.​

Thief

Rogue Theologian
from that perspective , beneficial Vs. harmful

shall we measure whether it is more harmful than being beneficial.

foregt the marijuana, if someone has diabetes, we can consider desserts harmful.

Allah has provide us with a body and had trusted us to keep it away from harm as much as we can, if we didn't do so that means we are killing our self, in another word we commit suicide.

Mat 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment.

if you damaged your health intentionally, it means you are commiting a crime of killing.

That's too far.

Good thing you don't work for insurance companies.

And physically, there is no way to not do harm to your body.
If you partake at all...anything...your body is diminished.
Somethings more than others.

Next thing you know sun tanning will be illegal.

krsnaraja

What do Christians think of this?

It seems to be ok to drink alcohol as it's frequently mentioned in a positive way in the Bible. But how about smoking marijuana?

In most countries it is illegal but apart from that fact what would the Bible think about it?

I think that perhaps it scares Christians as it gives people spiritual insight and turns them into witches.

Why chose Christians. Why not if Muslims smoke marijuana or Buddhists smoke marijuana. I don`t know if the title of this thread is, in a special religious debate forum, appropriate or ridiculous.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Why chose Christians. Why not if Muslims smoke marijuana or Buddhists smoke marijuana. I don`t know if the title of this thread is, in a special religious debate forum, appropriate or ridiculous.

If it won't keep you out of heaven.....