• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a person be fired from their job just for being gay?

Is it legal where you live to fire someone just for being gay.

• Total voters

BenTheBeliever

I live in Oklahoma so yes. It happens quite often, actually. Being overtly flamboyant here or trans means you can only work in certain areas.

I am biased, being gay, so I can't offer a good perspective here. My response is obviously that I don't think I should have to hide being gay at work.
Where in Oklahoma do you live? I live in Tulsa and the job i worked at for 13 years no one ever got fired for being gay. One of my best friends become a manger and he is gay. In fact something happen 8ne day and one of the other employees try to hurt him cause he was gay and our other boss stood up for himmand so did i and i am a born again. So perhaps it is your part of Oklahoma. But my part i never see that happen and i was born and raised here.