• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can I correctly argue an egg is a fruit

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So many atheist state that christians are not logical or reasoanable? That by logic atheist have reasoned that God does not exist. They claim science has proven God does not exist.

Well, I know a lot about science and for example I can crunch the numbers in time-space very well....I,m a christian.

I can argue that an egg is a fruit-logically. Logic is nothing more then arguing correctly.

Reason is your conclusion. If I argue correcly an egg is a fruit...is it reasonable to agree?

Man's logic & reasoning is subject to mistake..if science is the observation of nature's phenomenon, and math is the explanation of that observation.
Stephen Hawking has not made such a claim, and I can think of several others who have not made that claim. And I think you need to know what logic and reason are before trying to debate them.
Logic (from the Greek λογική, logos)[1] has two meanings: first, it describes the use of valid reasoning in some activity; second, it names the normative study of reasoning or a branch thereof.[2][3] In the latter sense, it features most prominently in the subjects of philosophy, mathematics, and computer science.
Logic was studied in several ancient civilizations, including India,[4] China,[5] Persia and Greece. In the West, logic was established as a formal discipline by Aristotle, who gave it a fundamental place in philosophy. The study of logic was part of the classical trivium, which also included grammar and rhetoric. In the East, logic was developed by Buddhists and Jains.
Reason is the capacity for consciously making sense of things, applying logic, for establishing and verifying facts, and changing or justifying practices, institutions, and beliefs based on new or existing information.[1] It is closely associated with such characteristically human activities as philosophy, science, language, mathematics, and art, and is normally considered to be a definitive characteristic of human nature.[2] The concept of reason is sometimes referred to as rationality and sometimes as discursive reason, in opposition to intuitive reason.[3]
What makes the scientific method so good is the fact it is not just one person, or even one group, but countless people and a myriad of groups over the past couple of hundred years who have peer-reviewed others, repeated the experiments of others, and have verified or challenged previous findings because there are so many involved.
And back to the egg (or at least the kind we eat), it is really nothing more than the product of a menstruating chicken (or maybe not since the egg is laid regardless of fertilization, but it still comes from the same place), thus there is no valid logical reason to claim it's a fruit.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Of course eggs are fruit. Where else would chickens get them?

i.php

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
So many atheist state that christians are not logical or reasoanable? That by logic atheist have reasoned that God does not exist. They claim science has proven God does not exist.

Well, I know a lot about science and for example I can crunch the numbers in time-space very well....I,m a christian.

I can argue that an egg is a fruit-logically. Logic is nothing more then arguing correctly.

Reason is your conclusion. If I argue correcly an egg is a fruit...is it reasonable to agree?

Man's logic & reasoning is subject to mistake..if science is the observation of nature's phenomenon, and math is the explanation of that observation.

I think you will also fit in here. You will also learn more about atheism if you wish to do so and can debate with us on issues. As I still seek to learn more about spirtuality. No atheist I know claims to be able to disprove God. Alot can also be learned from our deist members also. You may indeed know more about science. Although, I am more than willing to discuss space-time gravitational forces.;)

I would agree mankind is often wrong about many things. That is when we must admit failure and go back to the drawing board. However I can't see an egg being a fruit. An eggplant is a vegetable. Welcome

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I think you will also fit in here. You will also learn more about atheism if you wish to do so and can debate with us on issues. As I still seek to learn more about spirtuality. No atheist I know claims to be able to disprove God. Alot can also be learned from our deist members also. You may indeed know more about science. Although, I am more than willing to discuss space-time gravitational forces.;)

I would agree mankind is often wrong about many things. That is when we must admit failure and go back to the drawing board. However I can't see an egg being a fruit. An eggplant is a vegetable. Welcome

Eggplant is a fruit.

A fruit is the thing that grows on a plant that carries the seed(s) for the next generation. A vegetable is an edible plant (stalks, leaves and/or roots). Then, you've also got nuts, seeds and grains.

An egg is none of those

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
and fruits.

You're right. I have learnt something today: all fruits are vegetables, but not all vegetables fruit, and less have edible fruits.

Though, my original point still stands, that fruits of a plant are whatcontain the seeds, thus making eggplants, Courgettes and beans fruit, although they are not commonly considered so.

Skwim

Veteran Member
You're right. I have learnt something today: all fruits are vegetables, but not all vegetables fruit, and less have edible fruits.
Actually, not all fruits are vegetables. Fruits like those of the dandelion, milkweed, and the maple tree aren't considered vegetables. Vegetables (the term "vegetable" has no scientific meaning) are edible plant or plant parts we choose to use as food---sweet and citrus fruits excepted. A fruit ("fruit" is a scientific term) is the ripened, sometimes fleshy, ovary of a flowering plant that surrounds its seeds.

Though, my original point still stands, that fruits of a plant are whatcontain the seeds, thus making eggplants, Courgettes and beans fruit, although they are not commonly considered so.
As are tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, string beans, and rice.

Last edited: