• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can I correctly argue an egg is a fruit

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Actually, not all fruits are vegetables. Fruits like those of the dandelion, milkweed, and the maple tree aren't considered vegetables. Vegetables (the term "vegetable" has no scientific meaning) are edible plant or plant parts we choose to use as food---sweet and citrus fruits excepted. A fruit ("fruit" is a scientific term) is the ripened, sometimes fleshy, ovary of a flowering plant that surrounds its seeds.

As are tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, string beans, and rice.

Yeah, I'd known for a while that fruits were what you describe here, but I'd always considered vegetables as being "any plant bits that are edible but not fruit"

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
So many atheist state that christians are not logical or reasoanable?
That would be a gross generalization on their part.
That by logic atheist have reasoned that God does not exist.
If one relies on empirical evidence alone, then that would be a reasonable conclusion.
They claim science has proven God does not exist.
No, one does not attempt to prove a negative.

Well, I know a lot about science and for example I can crunch the numbers in time-space very well....I,m a christian.
Good for you.

I can argue that an egg is a fruit-logically. Logic is nothing more then arguing correctly.
You can argue anything using logical fallacies.

Reason is your conclusion. If I argue correcly an egg is a fruit...is it reasonable to agree?
And I can argue that a team of mice built the world, but no matter how convincing I am, it does not make it a fact. So no.

Man's logic & reasoning is subject to mistake..if science is the observation of nature's phenomenon, and math is the explanation of that observation.

Not quite, but do go on.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So many atheist state that christians are not logical or reasoanable? That by logic atheist have reasoned that God does not exist. They claim science has proven God does not exist.

Well, I know a lot about science and for example I can crunch the numbers in time-space very well....I,m a christian.

I can argue that an egg is a fruit-logically. Logic is nothing more then arguing correctly.

Reason is your conclusion. If I argue correcly an egg is a fruit...is it reasonable to agree?

Man's logic & reasoning is subject to mistake..if science is the observation of nature's phenomenon, and math is the explanation of that observation.

I truly think your point is none too clear here.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I truly think your point is none too clear here.
Oh, I think the point of the OP was pretty clear, Luis. It's just that the point has little to do with the OP.

And yes, I agree with those who say that you cannot make a logical argument to argue an egg is a fruit. You can, however, use logical fallacies to make the argument, not that too many would be deeply impressed by such an argument.

freethinker44

A five ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut. But a bird can lay an egg...

Ostrich eggs

Ostrich_Eggs_1-500x270.jpg

Check-mate.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Oh, dear...another thread which is naught but word twisting.

Hypothesis: The Bible is bunk.
Car bumpers cannot lie.
Jesus saves (according to bumper stickers).
Therefore Jesus has a savings account.
Therefore Jesus really does like money changers.
The Bible is wrong!
QED.

My faith is shattered.

My faith in humanity, that is.