• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can ID be taught in schools? What's ID's next move?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Were you were taught about astrology or astrology itself.
I take it your class wasn't using star charts to predict the future. :cool:

wa:do
No, a little bit about the constellations, but that is about it. I remember learning about birth signs, and some connections to ancient Greek mythology, and how the horoscopes that we read in the daily paper were so general as to apply to anyone.

ifndef

free thinker
I would ask what is the next move of the atheists? Are they going to start teaching multiverse stuff? An unobservable, improvable, wild speculation - the only one they have to counteract the "fine tuning" problem?
ID has more answers for the kiddos than science has been able to provide.
You make it sound like all theists want ID taught in school. There are many theists that uphold the idea of separation of church and state and would be appalled if religion was brought into public schools (more so than it already is).

If a class did teach about multiverse theory, it would teach about what the theory is and why... not pushing it as if it is fact. There is nothing wrong with teaching scientific theories.

ID is a very simple answer and that is what most people want; they don't want to have to think about things. I could you 10 great books that describe evolution in detail, the universe, the Big Bang Theory, etc. or we can scrap all that and just say "God did it" -- tough choice huh?

ID was our first attempt at philosophy, and because it is our first attempt... it is no surprise that it is a horrible one as well.