• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can MAGA Defend These Assertions Made by Trump During the Debate? Evidence Required!

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No such evidence is required.
It is if you want the claims to be taken seriously.

Trump's claim is similar to pro-abortionists who claim women are resorting to using coat hangers for abortions.
And I would be flat out asking for the evidence of the coat hanger claim.

They are myths. Sorry you don't understand what a myth is.
I do know what myths are.
They have no business being touted as facts, even in a Presidential Debate.

Shaul

Premium Member
Yes a myth is a story based on something that is not actually reality.
Reality is also that in the past without the availability of safe abortions some did resort to the use of coat-hangers and the like.

There is no evidence for myths but ample for reality, but I suppose you are right that no evidence is required for myths.
This post demonstrates that you don't have a correct understanding of what a myth is or a correct definition.

Shaul

Premium Member
It is if you want the claims to be taken seriously.
Wrong. A claim can be valid without evidence depending on the nature of the claim being made.
I do know what myths are.
They have no business being touted as facts, even in a Presidential Debate.
If you really did know what myths are then you would know that myths are commonly used in Presidential debate.

Pogo

It's quite simple. Keep illegals out. Trump had his wall albiet incomplete although I personally prefer the Texas governor's razor wire over building walls.

Mass deportations are ideal under Trump, but I can compromise on a one time amnesty for illegals to become citizens after maybe a decade living here and if they dont want it, deport them as well.
Well that is fairly simple, vote for the Democrats who have been advocating that for basically I don't even remember even how many years.
Most recently Harris and Congress had a bill to increase border enforcement of the people who arrive at the border who we are legally required to give due process to with more resources to evaluate whether they were eligible and more resources to apprehend those who are capable of overcoming defenses that have not been considered effective since medieval times, i.e. hundreds of years before we were even a country. Trump, killed even this partial solution so that he could complain about it and not even consider as realistic solution as you have just presented.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It's quite simple. Keep illegals out. Trump had his wall albiet incomplete although I personally prefer the Texas governor's razor wire over building walls.

Mass deportations are ideal under Trump, but I can compromise on a one time amnesty for illegals to become citizens after maybe a decade living here and if they dont want it, deport them as well.
really?
then why did Trump have a bill that would just that killed?
And if you are going to claim it is because of the "add ons" you will need to present what said "add ons" were AND why the rest of the GOP was fine with them until Trump demanded the bill killed.

Shaul

Premium Member
And yet the two claims by Trump in the OP are not valid.
In any way.
In your opinion.
I never said they were not used.
I said they should not be used.
What you wrote was "They have no business being touted as facts, even in a Presidential Debate." That implies they can be used, just not as being touted as facts. That is different from saying they shouldn't be used.
Care to try again?
So, yeah, back at you.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
This post demonstrates that you don't have a correct understanding of what a myth is or a correct definition.
It's not a myth that women will try to take care of things themselves, when they're denied reproductive healthcare.

My grandmother used to tell me that the local adults in the neighbourhood used to refer to a kid down the street as "vinegar head."
See if you can figure out what that means as you pretend that this is all just some big myth that woke liberals made up or something. :rolleyes:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, that is the line that Republicans like to give. It is just the "illegals" that they have a problem with. Right?

But then when there is legal immigration, they just call them "illegals" too and spread nonsense bigoted stories about them eating cats.
Well as they say, that which is without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pogo

Yeah, that is the line that Republicans like to give. It is just the "illegals" that they have a problem with. Right?

But then when there is legal immigration, they just call them "illegals" too and spread nonsense bigoted stories about them eating cats.

The Donald goes out of his way to confuse people claiming asylum with residents of mental institutions. It seems to work on a certain class.