• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Randomness and Chance cause the Evolution of life?

Audie

Veteran Member
again; sudden appearances in the record, gaps, jumps, stasis, but a general progression towards increased sophistication over time-- what does it all suggest to you?

Well, i guess it is too obvious for you. I even gave you a hint, when i mentioned that there are some species known from a single specimen.

You really-really cannot figure it out?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Huh. Now me, I take the word of the 99 percent or so of all scientists*, who
find the ToE to be sound. Now, while you consistently refrain from demonstrating even high school level grasp of basic biology, it may be that
you actually know more than any scientist on earth.

None of them know that ToE is false, but it seems you do.

Or not, that does snot seem likely. Do forgive me for my lack of confidence
and not taking your word for it.

*and of course, educated people world wide, scientists or not

sticks and stones Audie.. I left high school believing in ToE like everyone else.

only 99%? 100% of paranormal investigators believe in ghosts, and they should know- they're the experts, right? :)

Audie

Veteran Member
As the universe was once claimed to 'simply exist' by many atheists- but inquiring minds were skeptical- they need an origin

Ah so desu ka, so the "origin" is via a supernatural all knowing monster who is greater than the universe, but does, conveniently, not need a origin.

That is so clever! A inquiring mind will be instantly satisfied.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Well, i guess it is too obvious for you. I even gave you a hint, when i mentioned that there are some species known from a single specimen.

You really-really cannot figure it out?

you tell me, what would you personally deduce from this pattern in the record? about the nature of change going on, ID or natural mechanisms?

Audie

Veteran Member
sticks and stones Audie.. I left high school believing in ToE like everyone else.

only 99%? 100% of paranormal investigators believe in ghosts, and they should know- they're the experts, right? :)

I guess you dont like your argument used against you huh?

But stix n stones? Why I gave you credit for knowing more than any scientist on earth!

Audie

Veteran Member
you tell me, what would you personally deduce from this pattern in the record? about the nature of change going on, ID or natural mechanisms?

So your only answer to a q is to ask a q.

I was kinda trying to get you to think.

Try figuring out what it could mean when there is only one known fossil of some organism.

Some examples of q's for the inquiring mind:

Is it the only one that ever existed?

what reasons could there be for not finding more?

might more be found in the future?

are there strata recording every year of the earth's history
in all parts of the world, and, exposed nicely at the surface,
with no heavy vegetation cover so that fossils are easy to find?

is fossil hunting heavily funded by the govt, like the manhattan project?

Try!

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Ah so desu ka, so the "origin" is via a supernatural all knowing monster who is greater than the universe, but does, conveniently, not need a origin.

That is so clever! A inquiring mind will be instantly satisfied.

since the originator of 'nature' as we know it, intelligent or not, must by definition transcend what it created...

then 'super-natural' is a box you are probably going to want to be able to check!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
As the universe was once claimed to 'simply exist' by many atheists- but inquiring minds were skeptical- they need an origin

Fine, inquiring minds without a religious agenda. The reality is it is an unanswered question as to the ultimate origin of our physical existence.

Audie

Veteran Member
Okay thanks, I though you were being sardonic, my mistake!

Ah, so you confirm that you do in fact feel you know more than any scientist on earth, when it comes to the truth of falsity of evolution and divers related topic!

So now hows about one documented fact that is contrary to ToE.

Baited breath.....

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
So your only answer to a q is to ask a q.

I was kinda trying to get you to think.

Try figuring out what it could mean when there is only one known fossil of some organism.

Some examples of q's for the inquiring mind:

Is it the only one that ever existed?

what reasons could there be for not finding more?

might more be found in the future?

are there strata recording every year of the earth's history
in all parts of the world, and, exposed nicely at the surface,
with no heavy vegetation cover so that fossils are easy to find?

is fossil hunting heavily funded by the govt, like the manhattan project?

Try!

I was describing the pattern in the record that you would find excavating an old automobile salvage yard

i.e. there is nothing about the pattern that even hints at a non-intelligent random-driven mechanism.

Audie

Veteran Member
since the originator of 'nature' as we know it, intelligent or not, must by definition transcend what it created...

then 'super-natural' is a box you are probably going to want to be able to check!

Just establishing what satisfies what you think is a "inquiring mind"
here it is-

"I am right coz I define myself to be right"

groovy

Audie

Veteran Member
I was describing the pattern in the record that you would find excavating an old automobile salvage yard

i.e. there is nothing about the pattern that even hints at a non-intelligent random-driven mechanism.

ie you have no capacity to say what could be the cause

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Just establishing what satisfies what you think is a "inquiring mind"
here it is-

"I am right coz I define myself to be right"

groovy

one that does not merely accept that the universe, nature, 'just is' - the minds that got us past archaic beliefs like steady state and classical physics

complete coincidence that both Lemaitre and Planck were notable skeptics of atheism?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
ie you have no capacity to say what could be the cause

perhaps, but whatever it is, that pattern applies just as well to designed forms

And that's being very generous to nature, because in fact the only proven source of such a pattern is ID- in the auto yard or practically any product line-

(unless again you argue that it's 'unproven' that people designed cars? :)

but we also have records of things unambiguously formed by unguided processes, and they DO exhibit those slow steady changes that eluded the ToE