• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can science disprove the existence of God?

Crypto2015

I just saw a billion starving African children, a 25% global miscarriage rate, and the existence of hydrocephalus babies.

I think I'll close my eyes again!

Suffering is the result of sin, not the result of God's existence. Furthermore, your atheist message is the cruelest possible message on Earth because it deprives those children of all hope. If God doesn't exist, those children will never be comforted and the injustices that they have suffered will never be redressed. Furthermore, it even aggravates their situation because people that do not believe in a universal judge and in a judgement day do not have any rational reason to stop exploiting other people. Hence, next time you see those children remember that your ideology is actively contributing to their suffering.

Crypto2015

I find it unconvincing. And I have yet to find someone who started believing in god(s) because they heard the Kalam cosmological argument. As far as I can tell it's only convincing to those who are already believers.

Not to mention that it's been refuted every which way from Sunday by many different people throughout history. So to say there is no refutation for it would be in error.

It hasn't been refuted. Perhaps you think that Dawkins refuted it? Dawkins have zero knowledge of philosophy and his refutation of this argument made real philosophers laugh.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It hasn't been refuted. Perhaps you think that Dawkins refuted it? Dawkins have zero knowledge of philosophy and his refutation of this argument made real philosophers laugh.
It's been refuted over and over multiple times by multiple people. Take a minute to do a Google search.

Demonslayer

Suffering is the result of sin, not the result of God's existence.

What sin is the hydrocephalus baby guilty of?

Furthermore, your atheist message is the cruelest possible message on Earth because it deprives those children of all hope.

What hope does God provide the millions of stillborn babies he creates?

If God doesn't exist, those children will never be comforted and the injustices that they have suffered will never be redressed

There is no cosmic justice. Life isn't fair, it's an important lesson to learn early in life, IMO.

Furthermore, it even aggravates their situation because people that do not believe in a universal judge and in a judgement day do not have any rational reason to stop exploiting other people.

I can think of perhaps a thousand reasons not to exploit people that have nothing to do with subservience to an imaginary cosmic punisher.

Hence, next time you see those children remember that your ideology is actively contributing to their suffering.

No it isn't. Neither does yours actually. Our ideologies have exactly nothing to do with preventing or causing suffering. Suffering exists as a natural course of life.

Crypto2015

What sin is the hydrocephalus baby guilty of?

What hope does God provide the millions of stillborn babies he creates?

There is no cosmic justice. Life isn't fair, it's an important lesson to learn early in life, IMO.

I can think of perhaps a thousand reasons not to exploit people that have nothing to do with subservience to an imaginary cosmic punisher.

No it isn't. Neither does yours actually. Our ideologies have exactly nothing to do with preventing or causing suffering. Suffering exists as a natural course of life.

Sick babies suffer not because of their sin, but because of mankind's rebellion against God. It is this rebellion that resulted in our fall from grace and our separation from God. God promises in the Bible that he will redress all of the injustices that his sons have suffered and that he will wipe all tears from their eyes. He promises eternal happiness to all of his children.

You say that there is no divine judgement. That there is no divine punishment. Hence, people that can avoid men's punishment (either because they are very cunning or very powerful) are free to exploit and hurt their fellow human beings as much as they want. After all, they will never have to respond before anyone. Hence, no ideology begets injustice as much as yours does.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Sick babies suffer not because of their sin, but because of mankind's rebellion against God. It is this rebellion that resulted in our fall from grace and our separation from God. God promises in the Bible that he will redress all of the injustices that his sons have suffered and that he will wipe all tears from their eyes. He promises eternal happiness to all of his children.
Right, because so long as you come along with a popsicle after the fact, you standing by while someone beats a child is a-okay.

gnostic

The Lost One
Do you not see that this is just more of your blind, primitive superstition?

Only superstitious people talk like that.

Crypto2015

Right, because so long as you come along with a popsicle after the fact, you standing by while someone beats a child is a-okay.

Would you prefer me to encourage the guy who is beating the child by telling him that if he escapes a human tribunal he has nothing else to fear? This is exactly what people like you do.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Would you prefer me to encourage the guy who is beating the child by telling him that if he escapes a human tribunal he has nothing else to fear? This is exactly what people like you do.
What people like me do is point out the moral bankruptcy of an all-powerful being standing idly by while atrocities take place.

gnostic

The Lost One
Ad hominem.
Except what I have stated is true.

You are being excessively superstitious.

You telling us to fear God or face being punished. That's typical textbook superstition.

Once you start bringing heaven and hell, eternal reward and eternal torment, into the picture, that when you let your fear and ignorance run your life.

Either you do the right thing, or you don't. I preferred to the right thing, just like I am sure you do, but I don't need religion, scriptures or Jesus to tell me what's right and what's wrong.

Especially when you have the bible tell us that people doing the wrong things. And even God do the wrong thing.

Take for the episode of David and Bathsheba.

David committed adultery with his friend's wife, and arranged him to be killed in battle, so that he could marry Bathsheba. Now, I can understand why, should God punish David or Bathsheba, or both. But God didn't just punish the offending couple, he took his anger on the child they have. Their son was even more innocent than Bathsheba's former husband.

God killed the baby, where the child suffered in agony for a number of days (I don't remember how many days), before the child died. Yes, David suffered over the loss of losing a child, but God chose to make the boy suffered for days.

A child shouldn't have to suffer for father's sin, but will you look at that, God holds grudges.

This showed that God is not a loving deity. He is a sick sadistical *******, if this story about David and Bathsheba is true.

So why would I worship such a evil God of your bible?

Ken Ewald

You telling us to fear God or face being punished. That's typical textbook superstition.

Once you start bringing heaven and hell, eternal reward and eternal torment, into the picture, that when you let your fear and ignorance run your life.

Either you do the right thing, or you don't. I preferred to the right thing, just like I am sure you do, but I don't need religion, scriptures or Jesus to tell me what's right and what's wrong.

Especially when you have the bible tell us that people doing the wrong things. And even God do the wrong thing.

David committed adultery with his friend's wife, and arranged him to be killed in battle, so that he could marry Bathsheba. Now, I can understand why, should God punish David or Bathsheba, or both. But God didn't just punish the offending couple, he took his anger on the child they have. Their son was even more innocent than Bathsheba's former husband.

God killed the baby, where the child suffered in agony for a number of days (I don't remember how many days), before the child died. Yes, David suffered over the loss of losing a child, but God chose to make the boy suffered for days.

A child shouldn't have to suffer for father's sin, but will you look at that, God holds grudges.

This showed that God is not a loving deity. He is a sick sadistical *******, if this story about David and Bathsheba is true.

Does this story repent you?

gnostic

The Lost One
Does this story repent you?
I didn't commit adultery. I didn't marry the woman after having her husband killed. I didn't inflict lingering and agonizing illness upon an innocent child that will eventually take the child's life.

So what grave sin have I committed.

David and Bathsheba may committed sin, and David may have committed an unforgivable injustice (apparently not so unforgivable for God, since it wasn't David who was incurable disease and die in agony), but if you were God, would you kill a child to pay for their sins?

What of the God's injustice toward David's son?

This episode only demonstrate God's twisted tyranny.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I think that science has disproved religion many years ago, religion is slowly but surely dying, hopefully it will be replaced by a much better belief system, which wouldn't be hard to do.

ArtieE

Furthermore, it even aggravates their situation because people that do not believe in a universal judge and in a judgement day do not have any rational reason to stop exploiting other people.
So the only reason you don't exploit other people is that you're scared of what this universal judge might do to you if you exploit other people? What would you be capable of doing if you didn't believe in this universal judge?

Last edited:

ArtieE

So what you are saying is that Christians are people who would be beating children and worse if they didn't fear God?

ArtieE

I think that science has disproved religion many years ago, religion is slowly but surely dying, hopefully it will be replaced by a much better belief system, which wouldn't be hard to do.
But what would happen if all the Christians stopped believing in God and His judgment? Can you imagine what they would be capable of doing and what the world would be like?

Ken Ewald

I didn't commit adultery. I didn't marry the woman after having her husband killed. I didn't inflict lingering and agonizing illness upon an innocent child that will eventually take the child's life.

So what grave sin have I committed.

David and Bathsheba may committed sin, and David may have committed an unforgivable injustice (apparently not so unforgivable for God, since it wasn't David who was incurable disease and die in agony), but if you were God, would you kill a child to pay for their sins?

What of the God's injustice toward David's son?

This episode only demonstrate God's twisted tyranny.
Not many scientists run for office. I don't think the laws of Neuton will prevent somebody from breaking into an old lady's house or punish them for it.

Crypto2015

What you have said is true? LOL. Ninety-nine of the things that you say are false, including your statement about my alleged superstition. God can console any child and wipe out any tears. On the contrary, your ideology asserts that there is no consolation for suffering and no punishment for evil. By promoting this ideology you encourage people to kill, fornicate, steal, kidnap, rape, maim, and torture.