• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can science prove mathematics?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I was watching a "Does God Exist?" debate on youtube the other day. The christian debator, Dr. William Lane Craig, made the claim that science cannot prove mathematical and logical conclusions. Further, he claimed that science actually presupposes math, so to claim that it actually proves math would be arguing in a circle. What does the RF community make of this? Can mathematical truths be scientifically tested, or do they, so to speak, "prove" themselves?
No. Science doesn't prove. Math proves. Science depends on math. Science proving math would be like Gordon Ramsey proving food. Is food proven to be food only if Gordon Ramsey can say so?

ranvirk

You need to tell him that the people who wrote Bible doesn't knows maths as well

[youtube]ZldOWaSubfY[/youtube]
YouTube - Mathematical contradictions in Bible - Dr. Zakir Naik

I find it hard to believe that someone with 1% of normal human brain will post this donkey video as reference..

What amazes me more that the audience ( most
Of whom are uneducated Muslims, don't argue here I am from india and I attended his seminar in Delhi while I was there) applaud him for his sheer stupidity.. No wonder a high percentage
of Muslims in India live below poverty line and don't qualify as literate..

Please don't take this as offence , this is a fact. Please check statistics if you have more questions. Thanks