• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can there be One Supreme Meaning to Life?

SpiritualBeing

I believe that the main meaning to life is to live it. I mean, it wouldn't be much of a life if you didn't live it, would it?

the word you seek is supernatient(orsumsuchspelling)
there is a truth
that to have possession of it gives you so great a power that what ever you desire immediately comes to pass
do you imagine that is pointless that men have desired for ages such a power and it did not exist
for to do so it have all accomplishments past cease to exist
exit electricity
so then there is a far greater probility what you imagine is possible
that is a simple single thought that once using it gives you all things you desire
imagine a moutain without a highest point
imagine a star without a geometric center
imagine a moon that always presents the same face:')
iamnothing0

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Is it possible for there to be one supreme meaning to life? And, if so, what is the logic or reasoning that would support the assertion there was one supreme meaning to life?

Put differently, on what reasonable basis, if any, can someone claim there is one supreme meaning to life? Or, is the notion there is one supreme meaning to life just an unfounded assumption?

So existence can realize existence.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Is it possible for there to be one supreme meaning to life? And, if so, what is the logic or reasoning that would support the assertion there was one supreme meaning to life?

Put differently, on what reasonable basis, if any, can someone claim there is one supreme meaning to life? Or, is the notion there is one supreme meaning to life just an unfounded assumption?

Yes, it's possible, the one supreme life could manifest itself in infinite forms, over infinite time, and experience the meaning of life in infinite ways, yet forever remaining one.

SpiritualBeing

Do we not make our own way in life, which may or may not be influenced by God? I believe that we have an infinite amount of potential in this world, and so, we have the ability to make life mean whatever we really want.

A Christian has the belief in one sole God, the Hindus have a belief in many Gods, Satanists believe in the Fallen Angel as their deity. If we all believed that life had the same meaning and goal, then we would never have been able to progress in life so far.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
If life was created, it could be created with purpose in mind. In that case you'll have one huge purpose of life, with millliions of personall added meanings..

Purpose would mean meaning. It is very logical that if we were created, it was not without reason/purpose/meaning..

I agree.

SpiritualBeing

I would have thought our purpose was obvious. What is the most basic and primitive programming of the Race of Mankind? Survival. Did it not used to be, thousands of years ago, that we had to fight to survive on this beautiful planet? And is it not that some people still have to fight, in one way or another, to survive in this day and age. So, should our primary meaning of life not be to survive, for without this functioning, we would never have evolved as a race.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I would have thought our purpose was obvious. What is the most basic and primitive programming of the Race of Mankind? Survival. Did it not used to be, thousands of years ago, that we had to fight to survive on this beautiful planet? And is it not that some people still have to fight, in one way or another, to survive in this day and age. So, should our primary meaning of life not be to survive, for without this functioning, we would never have evolved as a race.

I can agree with that. To survive is to exist in one form or other. But even if we were to not survive as humans, we could not stop existing. Energy can neither be created or destroyed, only change form.

Last edited:

S-word

I can agree with that. To survive is to exist in one form or other. But even if we were to not survive as humans, we could not stop existing. Energy can neither be created or destroyed, only change form.
:clap

For the human race to survive, we must pro-create, so if you agree that survival is the meaning to the life of the human race, then what you are saying in reality, is that SEX is the One Supreme Meaning to Life and on that point I am in total agreement. But if you are referring to the Life which pervades the entire Cosmos, I go back to my original statement that life itself, which was, is, and always will be, is the One Supreme Meaning to life.

Last edited:

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses

What is the meaning of no life?

(appologies for the exausting use of 'i know u are but what am i' genre of response there lol)

I think theres meaning to a life, and thus countless individual meanings for the different people, but meaning to life in general? attributing meaning assumes and requires consciousness of human level, forcing us to define other creatures through us, which surely cant be fair on them :p

can a life incapable of understanding the meaning of having meaning really be so meaningful?

tomspug

Absorbant

The Supremes? Weren't there three of them?

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Is it possible for there to be one supreme meaning to life? And, if so, what is the logic or reasoning that would support the assertion there was one supreme meaning to life?....

Yes, it's possible, the one supreme life could manifest itself in infinite forms, over infinite time, and experience the meaning of life in infinite ways, yet forever remaining one.
One must bow :bow: to the wisdom of Ben for the given infinite perspective. May it be offered from a finite perspective that the supreme meaning is to realize within one's self what Ben posted. The reasoning supporting this is to be in accord with Ben.:angel2: Now, permit the question to be put to Ben to ask for reasoning supporting his offering of supreme meaning. Ben, your answer would be of great interest.

Ozzie

There can only be one Supreme pizza on any menu. Just what toppings one prefers is open to interpretation.