• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we survive the apocalypse?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sorry, I will not be able to attend the Apocalypse festivities. I will be on holidays. It is a great pity too because I love a good barbecue! :drool:

Aside from that, welcome to RF. By the sounds of it, you will fit in just fine. Did you know we have a new Prophet who arrived just yesterday?
Needless to say, but I will anyways, things are looking up.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I have an idea.

How about you explain to us in your own words why our current era is in it's "Last Days" in your own words, rather than posting links.

Then you can show us how much worse things are today than they were 2000 years ago.
Yeah, all that public sewer, widespread education, longevity, and abundant food are beginning to depress me.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
A zombie apocalypse? No, we'd eventually die, too many people have died in the past, and basically once you die, you'd become a zombie yourself, unless your brain is destroyed beforehand.

Satyamavejayanti

survivalapocalypserecipes;2892175]

Do we have a recipe in order to survive the Apocalypse ?

take money from gullible people, as they think they wont need it.

Do you have ideas how it can be survived ?

Spend the money.

lol.

PS. I don't believe in the apocalypse myth.. no offence

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
This thread reminds me that I've been meaning for years to get one of those bumper stickers that says, "When you get raptured, leave your keys in the ignition." I'd rather not have to mess with getting the keys replaced when I grab that Mercedes I've always wanted.

Bad economics is terrible, but can hardly qualify as an apocalypse. When I think of something apocalyptic, I think of something like this.
[youtube]IO45ZiGql8E[/youtube]
How the Moon Was Born! - YouTube
And we could not survive that on this planet.

I think bad economy qualifies as an apocalyptical event.
John in the book of revelations talks about it- it was predicted.

And on the other hand you are right,

We are overwhelmed with high Tech and we do not even know how to multiply numbers on our own.

We don`t even know how to think because we don`t have to think too hard these days - machines do the thinking.

This is the tactics of Satan in the last days.
The strategy is the following...

1 - tell people they have a loot of time to do right.( but we don`t have a lot of time - we live at most 80 years...)
2 - tell them they have NOT ENOUGH time for making money.
3 - tell them to create machines who are doing the thinking
4 - our brains got into a standby - we don`t think we act like robots.
5 - robots built by Satan himself to lead us to fail

The only way is :

STOP for a second and think :

What is the purpose of your life, who are your loved ones ? You are trying to be on the Good side?

Don`t let others rule you . THINK people , THINK!

I have an idea.

How about you explain to us in your own words why our current era is in it's "Last Days" in your own words, rather than posting links.

Then you can show us how much worse things are today than they were 2000 years ago.

First of all those links are my opinion too...

Last days why ?

1. I will explain this if you belive in the Bible or at least in the existence of God.
If i will start explaining to you you will not understand a thing if you don`t belive in these 2 things.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Doesn't your religion believe that we have survived many already?

no, not my religion.

The bible says that there will be one major event that will include all mankind, all nations...that event hasnt happened yet.

beerisit

no, not my religion.

The bible says that there will be one major event that will include all mankind, all nations...that event hasnt happened yet.
Your religion has predicted the year that it will happen many times, hasn't it?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Your religion has predicted the year that it will happen many times, hasn't it?

there were a couple of wrong predictions made regarding the event, yes.

In 1914 it was wrongly assumed that Armageddon would occur immediately after Christ was enthroned as a king in heaven. But that was a wrong assumption.

Then it was later speculated upon that armageddon would occur in 1975, although this was not officially stated in the WT, it was more that individuals were talking about it to the point where many JW's believed it was likely to occur due to it coinciding with the year of Adams creation.

But the WT has learned not to put any times or dates on the event and have not done so since.

beerisit

there were a couple of wrong predictions made regarding the event, yes.

In 1914 it was wrongly assumed that Armageddon would occur immediately after Christ was enthroned as a king in heaven. But that was a wrong assumption.

Then it was later speculated upon that armageddon would occur in 1975, although this was not officially stated in the WT, it was more that individuals were talking about it to the point where many JW's believed it was likely to occur due to it coinciding with the year of Adams creation.

But the WT has learned not to put any times or dates on the event and have not done so since.
I think your being generous by only claiming 2 failed predictions when history tells us of many more. But I'm interested to know how the WT knew that Christ had been enthroned as king of heaven.
Who was it had this revelation?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I think your being generous by only claiming 2 failed predictions when history tells us of many more. But I'm interested to know how the WT knew that Christ had been enthroned as king of heaven.
Who was it had this revelation?

the scriptures themselves state the year of enthronement.

It is found in the prophecies of Daniel & Ezekiel . They each give details of the length of time that the Davidic throne would be without a representative.

1914 is the year that the throne of God is regained by the anointed one chosen by God. That anointed one is Jesus Christ, the messiah.