• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can we survive the apocalypse?

beerisit

the scriptures themselves state the year of enthronement.

It is found in the prophecies of Daniel & Ezekiel . They each give details of the length of time that the Davidic throne would be without a representative.

1914 is the year that the throne of God is regained by the anointed one chosen by God. That anointed one is Jesus Christ, the messiah.
The scriptures (bible I'm guessing) state 1914 as the day Jesus becomes king of heaven? Are you sure because I haven't seen that? How many subjects does he have in heaven?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
The scriptures (bible I'm guessing) state 1914 as the day Jesus becomes king of heaven? Are you sure because I haven't seen that? How many subjects does he have in heaven?

the prophecies state that there will be a length of time...a 'set length' of time when no king will sit on Gods throne until the Messiah sits on the throne.

That length of time began with the last king was removed from the throne situated in Jerusalem. The length of time is exactly 2,520 years according to the scriptures.

If you add 2,520 years to when Zedekiah was removed from the throne of David, you will arrive at the year 1914CE. If you want the details of the prophecy i would be happy to provide them for you in pm, just let me know.

Vultar

3... Larry, Curly and Moe :D

I wouldn't be putting much weight on Revelations to give any acuarate answers as it is a bunch of vague gibberish that can be assigned to many events to try to prove its validity.

Disclaimer: I don't expect anyone to believe what I write.... I'm just a messenger.... :D

beerisit

the prophecies state that there will be a length of time...a 'set length' of time when no king will sit on Gods throne until the Messiah sits on the throne.

That length of time began with the last king was removed from the throne situated in Jerusalem. The length of time is exactly 2,520 years according to the scriptures.

If you add 2,520 years to when Zedekiah was removed from the throne of David, you will arrive at the year 1914CE. If you want the details of the prophecy i would be happy to provide them for you in pm, just let me know.
There was a human sitting on god's throne in heaven up until 2618yrs ago and now 98yrs earlier than this time jesus got on the throne? Why didn't the son of god get on 1979yrs ago?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
There was a human sitting on god's throne in heaven up until 2618yrs ago and now 98yrs earlier than this time jesus got on the throne? Why didn't the son of god get on 1979yrs ago?

there is a timeline for the events in the bible...the messianic kingdom was not established immediately, nor did it exist prior to 1914.

beerisit

there is a timeline for the events in the bible...the messianic kingdom was not established immediately, nor did it exist prior to 1914.
What happened to Zedekiah sitting on god's throne and now Jesus is after 1914? Which kingdom did he inherit if it didn't come from zebediah? Since that is the the basis for Jesus ascending to god's throne in 1914? This throne that Zebediah sat on was in heaven wasn't it? After all it was god's throne it must have been in heaven? Yes?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What happened to Zedekiah sitting on god's throne and now Jesus is after 1914? Which kingdom did he inherit if it didn't come from zebediah? Since that is the the basis for Jesus ascending to god's throne in 1914? This throne that Zebediah sat on was in heaven wasn't it? After all it was god's throne it must have been in heaven? Yes?

no, the throne of God was situated in Jerusalem. It is known as the Davidic kingdom...David and all the kings of Isreal were said to 'sit on Gods throne'

The throne of David represented Gods rulership on earth. when that rulership was overthrown by the king of Babylon in the 6th century BCE, there was no ruler representing Gods rulership on earth. And the prophets said there would be none until God put the messiah on his throne.

So from 607bce - 1914 ce is 2,520years.,...the length of time the prophets said no king would rule on Gods throne.

Kerr

I think bad economy qualifies as an apocalyptical event.
John in the book of revelations talks about it- it was predicted.
Bad economy is bound to happen, anyone can make such a prediction and be correct. If all the periods of bad economy are qualified as apocalyptic event, then we have survived many.

To claim that bad economy is an apocalyptic event sounds silly to me, considering all that could happen to us, which was why I posted that video.

And on the other hand you are right,

We are overwhelmed with high Tech and we do not even know how to multiply numbers on our own.

We don`t even know how to think because we don`t have to think too hard these days - machines do the thinking.
You do realize that machines has to be programmed? Behind every machine there are programmers who has made it work. They dont let machines think for them, they make so the machines can "think" in the first place. Even though "think" is the wrong term, since the machines we have and use dont actually think.

This is the tactics of Satan in the last days.
The strategy is the following...

1 - tell people they have a loot of time to do right.( but we don`t have a lot of time - we live at most 80 years...)
2 - tell them they have NOT ENOUGH time for making money.
3 - tell them to create machines who are doing the thinking
4 - our brains got into a standby - we don`t think we act like robots.
5 - robots built by Satan himself to lead us to fail

The only way is :

STOP for a second and think :

What is the purpose of your life, who are your loved ones ? You are trying to be on the Good side?

Don`t let others rule you . THINK people , THINK!
Not to mention that all predicted apocalypses so far never actually happened (there is a thread about that somewhere).

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Do we have a recipe in order to survive the Apocalypse ?
Do you have ideas how it can be survived ?
A helmet, a machete, and a bottle of Jack Daniels. And a few magazines to burn some time, maybe Mojo or Playboy. I think that should help us in such morbid times, or at least help us to make the best out of it.

beerisit

no, the throne of God was situated in Jerusalem. It is known as the Davidic kingdom...David and all the kings of Isreal were said to 'sit on Gods throne'

The throne of David represented Gods rulership on earth. when that rulership was overthrown by the king of Babylon in the 6th century BCE, there was no ruler representing Gods rulership on earth. And the prophets said there would be none until God put the messiah on his throne.

So from 607bce - 1914 ce is 2,520years.,...the length of time the prophets said no king would rule on Gods throne.
Were they said to be sitting on god's throne in heaven or on earth? Because your claiming that Jesus took the throne of heaven in 1914, did any of the other kings of Israel sit on the throne of heaven? And can you verify that?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Were they said to be sitting on god's throne in heaven or on earth? Because your claiming that Jesus took the throne of heaven in 1914, did any of the other kings of Israel sit on the throne of heaven? And can you verify that?

the kings of Isreal were said to sit on Gods throne...yet Gods true throne was in heaven. the earthly throne was a mere representation of Gods heavenly throne.
Isaiah 66:1 This is what Jehovah has said: “The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where, then, is the house that YOU people can build for me, and where, then, is the place as a resting-place for me?

Psalm 11:4 Jehovah is in his holy temple. Jehovah—in the heavens is his throne

When Jesus was enthroned, it was not on an earthly throne but in heaven itself...on the true throne of God in heaven:
hebrews 9:24 For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us

Daniel 7:13 “I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.

what would you consider verification that this occurred? For us it is the fulfillment of prophecies that verify it....it is the prevalence of the sign of Christs presence and the preaching of the good news that verify it.

BruceDLimber

The Apocalypse is the fight between good and evil...It is the final act before ending of the world.

In fact, "Apocalypse" is simply a synonym for "revelation" or "revealing."

And IOV the "end of the world" thing is a mistranslation:

The word in the original Greek was "eras," meaning "world" or "age."

But as we see it the translators of the KJV Bible picked the wong meaning--this verse in fact speaks of the end of the Age, which we see as already having happened about a century and a half ago.

Peace, :)

Bruce

arthra

Baha'i
I think this is an interesting thread... I think Seventh Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses and others have their views on Apocalypse the Book of Revelation, etc. and so do Baha'is!

Bruce was right above:

Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation")

from Wikipedia

Some of the symbols used in the Book of Revelation were explained by a Baha'i writier named Robert Riggs from a book he wrote called "Apocalypse Unsealed":

Apocalypse Unsealed: appendix E

So I'm posting these as a reference that anyone interested might peruse them.. The explanations by Mr. Riggs are derived in part from the Baha'i Writings.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
First of all those links are my opinion too...

Last days why ?

1. I will explain this if you belive in the Bible or at least in the existence of God.
If i will start explaining to you you will not understand a thing if you don`t belive in these 2 things.
I believe in God.

Just not your anthropomorphic God of wonton destruction.

Convince me.

beerisit

the kings of Isreal were said to sit on Gods throne...yet Gods true throne was in heaven. the earthly throne was a mere representation of Gods heavenly throne.
Isaiah 66:1 This is what Jehovah has said: “The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where, then, is the house that YOU people can build for me, and where, then, is the place as a resting-place for me?

Psalm 11:4 Jehovah is in his holy temple. Jehovah—in the heavens is his throne

When Jesus was enthroned, it was not on an earthly throne but in heaven itself...on the true throne of God in heaven:
hebrews 9:24 For Christ entered, not into a holy place made with hands, which is a copy of the reality, but into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us

Daniel 7:13 “I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.

what would you consider verification that this occurred? For us it is the fulfillment of prophecies that verify it....it is the prevalence of the sign of Christs presence and the preaching of the good news that verify it.
So you've made up a story about a Hebrew king being dethroned and 2520yrs later Jesus sat on a throne in heaven, because that's what prophecy says? Are you sure that if you make up your own stories they actually count for anything? I mean there is lots of fiction in the world and none of it is real either.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Do we have a recipe in order to survive the Apocalypse ?
Do you have ideas how it can be survived ?

I'll be fine. I don't know about these other guys. It will be just 'another day at the office', as the city folk say.

I'm ready for anything. This is how country boys roll.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon

:::::: collapsing in helpless giggles :::::::

I usually put the damper on my ex-English teacher inclination to correct spelling, grammar, etc., but I'm sorry...the image of God going around destroying wontons and rendering my husband unable to order his favorite soup anymore just got to me.

"Wonton" being mistaken for "wanton" occasioned some moments of enjoyable hilarity. Thanks.

Digression over...back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I believe in God.

Convince me.

So " last days " or " the end "

It means the days before the second coming of our Lord - Jesus Christ.

He promised that He will return and take us with Him ...

" And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelations 22:12

These days will not be easy days for a christian who belives in Him.:

But when ye shall hear of wars, and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass, but the end is not by and by .Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences: and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. ” Luke 21:9-11

Do you see the signs today ?

Nation against nation , kingdom against kingdom, wars , earthquakes , famine etc...

I see them happening...

“ 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
2 Timothy 3:1-7 - i see all written here happening TODAY !

If you don`t see this happening it is because you don`t want to see or you are not interested.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
So " last days " or " the end "

It means the days before the second coming of our Lord - Jesus Christ.

He promised that He will return and take us with Him ...

" And behold, I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Revelations 22:12

These days will not be easy days for a christian who belives in Him.:

But when ye shall hear of wars, and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass, but the end is not by and by .Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences: and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. ” Luke 21:9-11

Do you see the signs today ?

Nation against nation , kingdom against kingdom, wars , earthquakes , famine etc...

I see them happening...

“ 1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
2 Timothy 3:1-7 - i see all written here happening TODAY !

If you don`t see this happening it is because you don`t want to see or you are not interested.

Or, this has always happened and he still doesn't care or isn't interested. Can't say I blame him. Nothing really new or different in thousands of years.