• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you cite a material creation of Jesus?

Maninthemiddle

According to Christian doctrine, Jesus is considered the incarnation of the divine Son of God, who, according to Christian belief, played a central role in the creation of the universe. In traditional Christian belief, Jesus, as a part of the Holy Trinity, is viewed as the agent through whom the universe and all living beings were formed.

While specific references to a material creation carried out by Jesus in the physical sense are not found in Christian theological texts, the foundational premise of Jesus' role in creation is grounded in the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, which holds that the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit are all involved in the act of creation. This understanding is drawn from theological interpretations of various biblical passages, including the prologue of the Gospel of John and the Pauline epistles.

These theological perspectives on the role of Jesus in creation are significant elements within Christian beliefs and religious teachings, shaping the understanding of Jesus' divine nature and central role within Christian cosmology.

If this is to be believed he created all material things, everything.

Betho_br

According to Christian doctrine, Jesus is considered the incarnation of the divine Son of God, who, according to Christian belief, played a central role in the creation of the universe. In traditional Christian belief, Jesus, as a part of the Holy Trinity, is viewed as the agent through whom the universe and all living beings were formed.

While specific references to a material creation carried out by Jesus in the physical sense are not found in Christian theological texts, the foundational premise of Jesus' role in creation is grounded in the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, which holds that the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit are all involved in the act of creation. This understanding is drawn from theological interpretations of various biblical passages, including the prologue of the Gospel of John and the Pauline epistles.

These theological perspectives on the role of Jesus in creation are significant elements within Christian beliefs and religious teachings, shaping the understanding of Jesus' divine nature and central role within Christian cosmology.

If this is to be believed he created all material things, everything.
Yes, for a good number of those who call themselves Christians this is exactly what it is, but this is not the only interpretation. I will explain these points later.

Betho_br

He started off with a limited quantity of food and then multiplied it

I'd class that as creating

He made fish and bread appear out of thin air
The Division of the loaves and fishes feeding the 5,000 in Matthew 14:13–21, Mark 6:31–44, Luke 9:10–17, and John 6:5–15. The second feeding the 4,000, in Matthew 15:32–39 and Mark 8:1–9.

Jesus used two phrases: "How many loaves have ye?" and "Give them to eat"

Jesus also uses water to make wine, the hook to get money, etc...

Betho_br

I think you need to explain your question a bit more.

Colossians 1:13-17
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The Epistle to the Colossians is traditionally attributed to the Apostle Paul, though there is some debate among scholars regarding its authorship. In the opening of the letter, Paul presents himself as the author (Colossians 1:1), along with Timothy. Christian tradition accepts this Pauline authorship, and many conservative scholars argue that Paul indeed wrote Colossians during his imprisonment, likely in Rome, around 60-62 AD.

However, some modern scholars question this attribution, citing differences in literary style, vocabulary, and theology when compared to other Pauline letters. They suggest it may have been written by a disciple of Paul or someone from the Pauline school.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Colossians 1:13-17
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The Epistle to the Colossians is traditionally attributed to the Apostle Paul, though there is some debate among scholars regarding its authorship. In the opening of the letter, Paul presents himself as the author (Colossians 1:1), along with Timothy. Christian tradition accepts this Pauline authorship, and many conservative scholars argue that Paul indeed wrote Colossians during his imprisonment, likely in Rome, around 60-62 AD.

However, some modern scholars question this attribution, citing differences in literary style, vocabulary, and theology when compared to other Pauline letters. They suggest it may have been written by a disciple of Paul or someone from the Pauline school.
Well, if that’s what you wanted to discuss we would not get that from the original post.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It is much more likely to be true if we consider his real life. In Jesus's ministry, he would either transform things or use material resources to obtain them
That's not difficult. I spent a good portion of my life transforming plants, minerals, and other earthly materials into buildings. I used material resources to obtain these items I transformed.

I also transform my labor into money.

rocala

If he was a carpenter as people say he was then he would have created tables and chairs
He may have done so, but I have read that his job title specifically referred to the building trade, as indeed it does today.
Sorry Eddi but I don't have a source for this at the moment.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
He may have done so, but I have read that his job title specifically referred to the building trade, as indeed it does today.
Sorry eddi but I don't have a source for this at the moment.
Interesting

So more of a joiner then?

rocala

So more of a joiner then?
I don't know if there are any references beyond "carpenter" as to what he produced. Even today people get confused by the terminology. I had a close friend and an uncle who were both carpenters. They could get quite angry when people failed to get their connection with the construction industry.

Betho_br

I think you need to explain your question a bit more.
If Jesus' kingdom did not belong to this world, it is more logical to infer that, should He construct anything, He would do so in the transcendent realm and not within this material world. Jesus, being of a metaphysical nature, would have His transcendental actions at odds with creation in this earthly plane, thus limiting Himself to transforming existing realities rather than generating new physical or institutional entities.

jimb

Premium Member
If Jesus' kingdom did not belong to this world, it is more logical to infer that, should He construct anything, He would do so in the transcendent realm and not within this material world. Jesus, being of a metaphysical nature, would have His transcendental actions at odds with creation in this earthly plane, thus limiting Himself to transforming existing realities rather than generating new physical or institutional entities.
John 1:3, "All things were CREATED by Him (Jesus). This clearly refers to the material world.

Andrew Stephen

Stephen Andrew
Premium Member
Peace to all,

Mankind was created, mortal and corrupt, becoming immortal and incorruptible through baptism and glorified and transfigured through penance and sacrifice confirmed and re-sanctified in the confirmed Will of the Creator God in the image of the Father.

Peace always,
Stephen