• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can you really fight who you are?

shellz641

Forget your troubles come on get happy....do de do!!

You are at your happiest when you are being yourself. Dont fear anything because everything is a reflection of you. Both good and bad need to be accepted and intertwined to created the perfect YOU!

atanu

Premium Member
The person I was two to six years ago was obsessed with a woman who turned out to not be worth my attention at all.

The person I was twenty years ago was hopelessly enthralled with a conception of the world that could not stand on its own.

Both times I fought who I was and arguably won.

Not that I had a choice, or that the price wasn't hefty, mind you.

That is true. Life has been one attachment after another with intervening death like pain. I do not know when I will be Buddha.:shrug:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In my experience, it's easy to fight yourself, but you tend to wake up someday pretty much where you began, having wasted a few years.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
To me, internal conflict is the natural state. I am constantly 'fighting' myself. I am a swirling melee of competing future selves all built on the past winners for better or worse. I can always make a new choice going forward, but I can never take back the choices I've made already. They are part of me forever and every competing future self is built on who I have been and who I am now. But I am master of who I will be. It is a conflict of my own design. A necessary part of my process. In every moment, with every thought and every action I decide who I am. I settle on a winner.