• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canabalism

thewanderer

Ancilla Deae et Dei
:cover: :areyoucra :no:
....:sarcastic what makes you ask... did you go to a rather interesting restaurant last night???

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
No, even if my life was in danger of being drained away by starvation. Of course I have no experience to back up my claim.

Caina

Apostate Heretic
:cover: :areyoucra :no:
....:sarcastic what makes you ask... did you go to a rather interesting restaurant last night???
Well it seems that the response is always no for most people. But in actuality after the effects of starvation set in I wonder if it would hold true. There is no real way to find out if we can presevere through without breaking down mentally reducing us to canabalistic animals, so I was just curious about it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've heard human flesh actually taste pretty good. I'll just take whoever's word on that.

kadzbiz

Of course it all comes down to perception. If you know what, who, you're being offered, your mind starts to analyse all the aspects, the morality, etc. But, if you were travelling overseas somewhere where different local delicacies were before you and you are offered a piece of cooked meat, as long as you weren't against eating meat, you'd probably just eat it.

Nanda

Polyanna
If I had to, yes. If I didn't have to, probably not. It's not a question of squeamishness or taboo, so much as the fact that I'm afraid I'd like it. And then what?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
No, even if my life was in danger of being drained away by starvation. Of course I have no experience to back up my claim.

" Of course I have no experience to back up my claim " is the operative part. Who does know ? I would like to believe that I wouldn't do so.

A friend of my father's in Africa found himself eating human flesh when invited to the local village chief's hut. He made the mistake of saying "This is lovely, what meat is it ?":eek: And he apparently had enjoyed it, until that moment.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
If I was starving I would eat human flesh, as long as the person was already dead. I suppose if there was an enemy (as in a war) available to kill, I might do it.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
yup.:drool:
Just not the brain or spinal cord... come to think of it, none of the organs.
Though humans have high concentrations of chemicals in us, thanks to our place in the ecosystem.

I had a friend who wanted to be eaten uppon his death. Thought it would be a nice way to stay with everyone, and to challange us to do it. ;)

wa:do

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
Maybe. Starvation can make people do things they thought they would never do.

Human probably doesn't taste very good. They're also mostly full of diseases.

All the good meat is in the legs :drool:

Aqualung

Tasty
Depends what the situation was. In certain extreme situations I might contemplate it, but I can never say that I will until that situation actually appears.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd have little more problem eating a human than I would a cow. What, exactly, is the difference?

I suspect it's all emotional. In some societies dogs, bugs &c are considered normal fare, though most Americans would be revolted by them.
It's all in your head.