• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Canabalism

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Nope! I'm vegetarian! :D The only yummy looking person is my husband but I don't want to eat him! :D

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If you were told it was pork you would never know.

My life is not sufficiently important to want to eat any one else even if I was starving.
Not that a dead person cares what happens to his remains.

Inky

I think it depends on the culture I'm in. In some areas of the world, a person's body is eaten at their funeral as a way to honor them. If it was someone's will to be eaten I'd go ahead with it.

That's how mad cow disease spread in some countries, by the way. One person dies of mad cow, then people catch it at their funeral by eating them, and they die and people eat them, and so on. So I'd do it as long as there was no chance of that!

Truth_Faith13

there is a true story of a plane crash - the survivors starved, many died. after a long time and near madness, the remaining ppl decided to eat the flesh of the dead.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Nah, most humans don't get enough excercise for dark meat. I've seen images of a few disections and we are pretty light meated. We do have a lot of subcontinuous fat (ie under the skin). That and we tend to store some fat around our organs, so even people who look skinny can be filled with otherwise unnoticeable fat. So never judge fitness by thinness, many skinny people are actually quite 'fatty'.
Fun huh?

wa:do

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Nah, I bet humans are dark meat, with a much higher proportion of fat and gristle. I can imagine it would not be nearly as tasty as pork.

I remember a report that said pork and human flesh has a texture and taste almost identical.
In some cultures Human meat is called "long pig."

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tough meat and gristle need not be a problem.
Adopt Swift's Modest Proposal and eat your firstborn infants.

Caina

Apostate Heretic
How do you usually serve vegetarians, Caina? Do you have recipes?
Maybe;)

Depends on what part of the body you are eating. I would think a strong spice like tumeric would mask any taste of human in the meal:)