• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Capitalists may have the same mentality as Nazis: that people must be enslaved

Kfox

Owning stocks that allow you to maintain two homes and two cars without having to work is when richness starts (in a developed nation, today). (And it is obvious that at that point you get your money from the work of others.)
Do you consider that to be a good thing? I mean; when you look at it, everybody gets something from the work of others; the food you eat, clothes you wear, house you live in, etc. etc. it all comes to you as a result of the work of others.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You don't have to be obsessed with profit to believe your property is worth more than the Government says it's worth.
It is a matter of mentality.
Oilfields belong to the community...
But...this concept is easily understandable by an European.
You are from the US, right,?

GoodAttention

Free market determines the value of oil and gas fields also, regardless if it is part of a sovereign wealth fund, publicly listed, or owned/run by oligarchs.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Owning stocks that allow you to maintain two homes and two cars without having to work is when richness starts (in a developed nation, today). (And it is obvious that at that point you get your money from the work of others.)
How did that person end up with owning that stock?
Assuming we aren't talking about inherited wealth, most likely that person worked his bum off with that stock being the "reward" for his hard work.

So, unless I am misunderstanding the seeming judgemental / negative undertone, I don't really consider it very fair to then say that they are earning money "without having to work" and that they get that money "from the work of others".

It's not like those "others" are working while you are the one getting their salary.... Those others are still getting paid for their labor.
And the stock you own, you have earned / acquired through hard work yourself.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You really, really, really need to stop pretending that your twisted opinions are shared and / or representative of all europeans.
I can assure you that they aren't.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Free market determines the value of oil and gas fields also, regardless if it is part of a sovereign wealth fund, publicly listed, or owned/run by oligarchs.
If you want, I can quote the article of the Italian Constitution that states that the State, (the supreme entity which I worship as a deity) has the right to expropriate private pieces of property where sources of energy have been discovered.
;)

Heyo

Veteran Member
How did that person end up with owning that stock?
Assuming we aren't talking about inherited wealth, most likely that person worked his bum off with that stock being the "reward" for his hard work.
It doesn't matter how one came into possession of the stocks, because I never accused the owner of being exploitive. It's the system that allows a single person to own that much wealth.
So, unless I am misunderstanding the seeming judgemental / negative undertone, I don't really consider it very fair to then say that they are earning money "without having to work" and that they get that money "from the work of others".
Do you know what dividends are and how they are generated?
It's not like those "others" are working while you are the one getting their salary.... Those others are still getting paid for their labor.
Again, do you know what dividends are and how they are generated?
And the stock you own, you have earned / acquired through hard work yourself.
I assert that no normal person can do enough hard work, just by themselves, to acquire enough wealth to maintain a lavish lifestyle. There may be exceptions for very talented or ingenious persons, or a stroke of exceptional luck.

GoodAttention

If you want, I can quote the article of the Italian Constitution that states that the State, (the supreme entity which I worship as a deity) has the right to expropriate private pieces of property where sources of energy have been discovered.
;)

Perhaps we should start digging in Tolyatti?

I believe in you, I just don't believe you.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
When it deals with war...
Never assume that Italians support a war...

Well, I doubt all Italians have the same view. So some might not care at all, some might be neutral in regards to Ukraine, some might favor one side or the other.
And in effect you might find some who support war in some case and sense.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well, I doubt all Italians have the same view. So some might not care at all, some might be neutral in regards to Ukraine, some might favor one side or the other.
And in effect you might find some who support war in some case and sense.
History hasn't taught you much, dear mister...I see.
;)
Italians can tell you they support your war face to face, and plan the armistice behind your back.