• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Center of the Universe – the SS Paradox

drsatish

Is there supposed to be some point to this thread? :shrug: All the remarks about being the center of attention is simply the alpha male trait common to all social animal males and is also inherent in the female desire to be the center of a male's love, care and protection. We are social animals and like to be part of "the group."

The purpose or function of religion has no direct relationship with that. Instead, it serves as a unifying bond between people. Those who believe alike think alike and can, therefore, function more efficiently together with less dissension.

[FONT=&quot]“The purpose or function of religion has no direct relationship with that”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Purpose of Religion has ENTIRELY TO DO WITH …what you quoted..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Alpha Male..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Beta Female…or is it Feta Female[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]& [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Group.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We are social animals and like to be part of "the group."…..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is Normalcy…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Questioning…WHAT ..& …WHICH….& HOW BIG….."the Group…"..is…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Religion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Satish[/FONT]

drsatish

The way people usually try to do this is like this:
Think of an plane (a mathematical plane/abstract surface not an airplane) with dots drawn on it in a grid.
Imagine that the grid size is 1 unit of distance (of your own choise).

Now stretch the plane so that the grid size becomes 2 units of distance.
If you where standing on one of the dots it would look like all the other dots where moving away from you. It doesn't matter which dot you choose, it would look like you where in the center :)

The same would be true if you shrink the grid. All the other dots would come rushing in on you. Any dot would look like it is the center.

If you decrease the grid size to zero then all the dots would end up in one point.
Which point depends on where you chose to put your coordinate system :)

When you stand on the Earth and look into the universe, you see all the other galaxies (except for one or two very close ones) moving away from us.

So I guess you really are in the center of the universe, congratulations :)

Hi Lune!
This is an Entirely Mischievous Post of mine….don’t take it to heart!
Looking at your ‘Pic’
I can sort of understand what you meant by by your Quote…
“…How can you conceptualize “Bang”…with …No Center?”….
But that is neither here nor there….

But you started by saying….people….’usually’….try…
I am NOT INTERESTED in USUAL EXPLANATIONS….
Of an imaginary 2-Dimensional Ant ……crawling over the ….2-D ….plane of a Sunken Rubber Sheet
(Curved Space…..emerging …..after crawling through the Heavy Bottom of a CONE…
and circumnavigating the sloping sides of the cone…
.and finally, even exploring the Apex of The Cone….
…pointed downwards in One Theory..)

Coz…these are not just Ant..holes ….but…are RAT Holes …….in Your Theory!

• Being HIGHLY REALISTIC, I can’t EVEN ..IMAGINE…..a …2-Dimensional ANT…..CAN YOU?
  • Can ‘your’ Hypothetical MALNOURISHED, ONLY 2-D SKIN …..& bones Ant…sorry…Ant got no bones….I mean….Balloon-Fluid..filled..3-D…
..sorry, I can’t even DESCRIBE AN ANT….in….ANY of the 11 or so Dimensions of the String Theory……
CAN it REACH THE APEX……A….POINT…..which is 1-D …..or may be LESS?

• So AGREE….that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY…..in which you can …SAY….PEOPLE USUALLY…SAY….(but If U got to say something….
I will perk up my Ant Ears!)

• You may say that it is NOT THE ANT I AM TALKING ABOUT…..
I know…
But What is That you are EXACTLY TALKING ABOUT….?
It is YOUR THOUGHT!
…which is either following or pushing this Ant… on… Euclidean and Non-Euclidean SPACE / DIAGRAMS / REPRESENTATIONS!

Have you EVER WONDERED….whether THIS THOUGHT of YOURS…
Is 2 Dimensional, 4 Dimensional or 11 Dimensional…..?
I mean NOT in the NUMBER of DIMENSIONS it can IMAGINE…CONCEPTUALIZE…
But
In ITS OWN DIMENSION?
..I mean is THOUGHT 0-D, 1-D, …3-D…11-D?
Satish
PS: Very Thoughtful or Thoughtless….as the case may be..