• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
From what I read by some scientists, and I can't remember the source right now, but they discount certain ideas by scientists but keep throwing out questions until they are somewhat satisfied with the possibilities. I hope that helps to explain what I meant. If I find the exact reference I will post it. Thanks.

That's not an example. How on earth do you expect people to discuss something with you that you don't remember. Why bring it up at all?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you like peaceful discussions. So do I, and so perhaps another time. :)
Is this a threat?

I said what I did, because it is difficult to get you to answer questions or answer them on point. Any attempt to get straight answers is worthy of wishing it luck.

It isn't my fault.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That's not an example. How on earth do you expect people to discuss something with you that you don't remember. Why bring it up at all?
If you do not agree with the point that scientists will keep asking questions and abandoning ideas that may not fit the paradigm, ok. When I find the reference I will try to post it. Thanks. (and have a good evening or day...)

YoursTrue

Is this a threat?

I said what I did, because it is difficult to get you to answer questions or answer them on point. Any attempt to get straight answers is worthy of wishing it luck.

It isn't my fault.
Did I make you feel it is your fault? If so, I am sorry. :)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
If you do not agree with the point that scientists will keep asking questions and abandoning ideas that may not fit the paradigm, ok. When I find the reference I will try to post it. Thanks. (and have a good evening or day...)

Once again you ignore the question I ask and go off in a different direction.

I'm not disagreeing with anything because there's nothing to disagree with. You made a claim which I have quoted twice and have said I didn't understand then said you can't remember the specifics of the thing you were claiming. Can you at least understand how frustrating it is to try and have a discussion with you? <----- it's a question, see if you can answer it.

YoursTrue

Is this a threat?

It isn't my fault.
I have noticed that whatever I say is going to be refuted by you and some others. Therefore instead of contending I am going to hope you have a good day. And I do not believe in luck. So asking for good luck is not something I believe in.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Out of kindness, I do not want to say anything as my personality might like to, but do hope you feel better...I don't think grief is good anyway.
I don't feel bad. Not at all. I will just consider this a kindness and leave it at that.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I have noticed that whatever I say is going to be refuted by you and some others. Therefore instead of contending I am going to hope you have a good day. And I do not believe in luck. So asking for good luck is not something I believe in.
You are a difficult person to discuss things with, since you don't tend to answer questions, you make comments and bring up things that are out of context and unrelated to the discussion at hand and you repeat things you have been informed on as if the correct information were never presented.

Fish are still fish, proof, theory revision based on popularity and not evidence, etc.

It is just difficult to have a conversation with you and you I don't think you respond well to criticism of your claims and so forth.

If you say something that is known to be incorrect, there is nothing wrong with correcting that or refuting it.

I didn't wish you luck, so your response seems irrelevant in the context of wishing someone else luck. But good to know.

YoursTrue

A typical response when you see something you find astonishing.
Please forgive me if I do not answer many of your posts in the future. Thank you. I know some have avoided me, and if I recall your remarks, you have tossed around a couple of jokes not directly posted to me, you have alluded to the fact you are not at particular peace with me, but the best I can say now is have a good evening.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Please forgive me if I do not answer many of your posts in the future. Thank you. I know some have avoided me, and if I recall your remarks, you have tossed around a couple of jokes not directly posted to me, you have alluded to the fact you are not at particular peace with me, but the best I can say now is have a good evening.
Here's an idea. If you have questions, write them down. Do a google search and see what you can find on your own. For and against. Then maybe that will help you be better prepared to ask and answer questions and discuss topics when you come on here. That would help both sides of the discussion better understand and would be useful in staying on point.

It's just a thought.

YoursTrue

Here's an idea. If you have questions, write them down. Do a google search and see what you can find on your own. For and against. Then maybe that will help you be better prepared to ask and answer questions and discuss topics when you come on here. That would help both sides of the discussion better understand and would be useful in staying on point.

It's just a thought.
I had a feeling you would answer again. So, since many here like to either insult those believing in creation rather than the entire concept of evoution (I've gotten used to it by now), sometimes tell me I'm uneducated, etc., (take a course, etc.) but hold a differing opinion from mine, or post what they believe is their opinion based on what others may say (meaning what scientists say), and--because right now I am centering on questioning the theory of evolution, and because many oppose anyone or anything here at least questioning the validity of the theory, why would I need to ask beyond anyone here who posts an opinion as if it's true? Answer: I wouldn't/shouldn't need to.