• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for Those that believe that the World is more than 1 second old. Prove it! No assumptions allowed!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yeah, but they have a book. Checkmate atheist!

Yeah, a book...

B6HpQ3bIMAACpp7.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As usual, I would expect a comprehensive answer from a Christian.
He is in mourning. He just found out his God no longer exists because Eric ate him:

"God can't exist because of Eric The God-Eating Magic Penguin. Since Eric is God-Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, He automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities - either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't - in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist."

SavedByTheLord

He is in mourning. He just found out his God no longer exists because Eric ate him:

"God can't exist because of Eric The God-Eating Magic Penguin. Since Eric is God-Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, He automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities - either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't - in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist."
And Satan deceives many.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
And Satan deceives many.
Belief in a mythical figure from ancient scripture causing scientists to be deceived concerning evolution is about as bizarre as you can get. I can see that you believe that everyone who does not believe as you do is deceived by Satan.

Audie

Veteran Member
Belief in a mythical figure from ancient scripture causing scientists to be deceived concerning evolution is about as bizarre as you can get. I can see that you believe that everyone who does not believe as you do is deceived by Satan.
Ha. I can get bizarrer.

The excess water from flood was wafted to
Neptune, where it shines to this day as a
warnijg beacon against incoming rogue
angels.

Source available on request

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Ha. I can get bizarrer.

angels.

ROFLMAO

Audie

Veteran Member
Ha. I can get bizarrer.

angels.

How long would a person spend thinking
about. " flood" to come up with that?

Does religion sometimes make people
crazy or is it vice versa?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
How long would a person spend thinking
about. " flood" to come up with that?

Does religion sometimes make people
crazy or is it vice versa?
I think, in fact, that religion quite often forces people to search for -- and often accept -- any plausible explanation for phenomena that incorporates their core belief, and to reject explanations, no matter how well justified, that do not. Thus, it is necessary to reject abiogenesis and evolution because they do not include "God created the world." The beginning of Genesis 1, unlike the scientific theory, does include God, and that makes it sound much more plausible, in their minds.

For the same reason, it is very difficult for the religious to accept death. They have never "experienced" death -- none of us has, nor possibly can, because death includes the absence of all experience. This is therefore unknowable and unthinkable, even when they are asked "what were you doing 5 years before you were born?" And therefore the religious notion that there is something of us that survives death gets incorporated. Whether this survival is in a heaven, or in a "land of shadows" or Hades, or repeated reincarnations hardly matters, but most religions have some version of it.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think, in fact, that religion quite often forces people to search for -- and often accept -- any plausible explanation for phenomena that incorporates their core belief, and to reject explanations, no matter how well justified, that do not. Thus, it is necessary to reject abiogenesis and evolution because they do not include "God created the world." The beginning of Genesis 1, unlike the scientific theory, does include God, and that makes it sound much more plausible, in their minds.

For the same reason, it is very difficult for the religious to accept death. They have never "experienced" death -- none of us has, nor possibly can, because death includes the absence of all experience. This is therefore unknowable and unthinkable, even when they are asked "what were you doing 5 years before you were born?" And therefore the religious notion that there is something of us that survives death gets incorporated. Whether this survival is in a heaven, or in a "land of shadows" or Hades, or repeated reincarnations hardly matters, but most religions have some version of it.
"Plausible" is the wrong word.
Try " specious".