• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CHALLENGE: Provide a Single Piece of Evidence that God Exists

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Do you believe in the supernatural? Have you ever met demon possessed people? I have... this stuff is for real. The God of Abraham reveals these invisible forces to us. Attend a few seances and then report back.
I've done that. Funny how poorly mediums and psychics perform when you don't answer their questions and write down everything they say. You should research "cold reading" to see what I'm talking about.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Do you believe in the supernatural? Have you ever met demon possessed people? I have... this stuff is for real. The God of Abraham reveals these invisible forces to us. Attend a few seances and then report back. Talk to people who know they are talking to demons... listen to their stories. I've personally experienced a few miracles. The God of Abaham creates miracles. Sometimes we reject God because of our limited experiences. I notice you reject creation as a revelation of God. How well they have brainwashed you. The system "Satanic in nature" does this to people. You have brought into the party line... simply because you lack experience and the knowledge of reality. The party places serious limitations upon our ability to see beyond our little room. Jesus spoke of knowing the truth and the truth setting one free. Posing your challenge is a pathway to reality... that is how I finally discovered it.

You're kidding me right? Bless your heart...

Wotan

"The covenant with Abraham said that God would make him many nations, and
that he would always protect his seed which would number like the stars of
heaven or the sands by the sea. "

As a matter of simple fact this is NOT true. The TOTAL human population of the earth is less than the sand on one small island, less than the number of stars within 10 light years, less than the number of single celled organisms in a small pond, less the number of cells in one human body.

The bible authors simply had no idea how large these numbers actually are.

God forgot to tell them?

Peacewise

As a matter of simple fact this is NOT true. The TOTAL human population of the earth is less than the sand on one small island, less than the number of stars within 10 light years, less than the number of single celled organisms in a small pond, less the number of cells in one human body.

God forgot to tell them?

God told them in language they could understand. There are lots of people, there are lots of stars, there are lots of grains of sand, it's accurate in context.

sniper762

sos, god is only believed by faith. faith is the substance of things "unseen" or "unproven by tangible means"

can you provide any evidence that god DOES NOT EXIST?

Onkara

If we take creation to be a part of "God", we no longer need to ask this question. Rather the question becomes "who or what am I then?". In my opinion this question is often asked at a young age before we become concerned with others definitions or "proof" of God's existence and it is the argument of God's existence which distracts us from really answering the challenge to "Know thyself".

Walkntune

God forgot to tell them?
It always interested me how they could know that the number of the stars could even compare to the sands by the sea.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
sos, god is only believed by faith. faith is the substance of things "unseen" or "unproven by tangible means"

can you provide any evidence that god DOES NOT EXIST?
The burden of proof is on those who would have us believe he does. It doesn't take any evidence to be a skeptic, just a questioning of the evidence (or lack thereof) provided. Faith does nothing for anyone but the individual. It's just a nicer-sounding way to say delusion.

byenvidnasi

This doesn't entirely answer your question, but according to our limited observation of the universe, everything has a cause. Even if you accept the big bang theory something must have caused those events, so that 'cause' in a sense is God, the creator. But of course that cause could have been completely natural.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
This doesn't entirely answer your question, but according to our limited observation of the universe, everything has a cause. Even if you accept the big bang theory something must have caused those events, so that 'cause' in a sense is God, the creator. But of course that cause could have been completely natural.
And you are right back to what caused God?
I mean, everything had to had a cause, right?
Now if god did not have to have a cause, why does the universe?
See the little circle that line of reasoning ends up in?

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
I'm sure somebody already said this, but I can't help myself.

Your choice to not believe in God proves the notion of free will.

Peacewise

The question of proof of God has occurred to me many times recently, and always on forums, and especially with atheists.
I've come to a tentative conclusion, that follows, and it is one that may not necessarily apply to any person in particular, i.e. it is a useful generalization.

Those who are disrespectful require absolute proof of God to have ANY respect for believers or their view points. Whilst those who are respectful require NO proof of God to have respect for believers or their view points.

The proof of God, or even the proof of the non existence of God are both merely ways to avoid the most important issue - that we should respect each other regardless of our belief or non belief.

kingcores

I am an Athiest.

I have never believed in a personal God as worshipped by any of the Abrahamic Religions.

Throughout my life, I have not encountered a single piece of evidence that supports the claim that such a God exists.

Need, desire, desperation, or fear are NOT factors when I am deciding if God exists, nor is the threat that I’ll “burn in hell if I don’t”. Also, I cannot accept “because I said so” as a valid argument for anything.

Bottom line, I am unable to exclude my belief in God from the same level of critical-thinking that I use to believe anything else in my life, and therefore, I have come to the conclusion that God does not exist.

So I say again, I have never encountered a single piece of evidence that supports the claim that an Abrahamic God exists, and I invite anyone to help me “see the light” by providing any such evidence.

Regarding Non-Abrahamic Gods, I’d like to keep those a separate consideration for the time being.

How about overlapping genes? How about the recombination of some of the genes that code for antibodies? Do you have a good naturalistic explanation for those things?