• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child rape victim allowed abortion.

Do you agree with the Romanian government committee's decision?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • No.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nessa Nenharma

Goddess of my Domain
I am pro choice so the decision seemed just to me, although I think they only reached that decision because they didn't want the family to take her to another country to have the abortion performed. It's nice to see the family supporting the girl in this decision :).

:bb:

Nessa

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
I believe the Romanian courts made a wise ruling. The law must be impartial, yet in many cases, in order for justice to be served, the law must recognize the unique partiality of certain situations. Extraordinary circumstances must be considered in weighing whether justice outweighs impartiality.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I think since the baby is so far along, they should have just let it live. That's like baking a cake for 75% of the time you should, and when it's almost ready, taking it out of the oven and throwing it away... Poor cake... Sure, it would have been a little extra work to finish cooking it and to frost it, but if you didn't want it afterward, surely someone else would...

Scott C.

Just one guy
I don't understand why they waited so long for the abortion. While I think abortion is ok in the case of the rape of an 11 year old, I still question it, when the fetus is so far developed.

incest, bad: no choice
rape, bad : no choice
abortion, bad: choice
though i do agree that its awfull it happend it is now her choice if she wants to continue bad behavior or take a turn for good at the expence of a couple a months, the baby might even die before then incest is notoriusly for miscariage, but atleasts she tryed then

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I am against all abortions...

Even if it could save the life of the mother? So you would have one die instead of getting an Abortion.
It's sad that they did what so long before getting it done. At age 11 there's a good chance that if she did have the baby she could have lots of problems, and damage(more then what has already been do my that filth that is her uncle).

spiritually inclined

She should have been allowed an abortion immediately after the rape. I am glad the government decided to let her do it.

I am generally against abortions after the fetus can be said to be conscious due to brainwave activity and the interconnecting of brain neurons except in the case that a woman's life will be saved. However, the fetus is not conscious until 26 weeks, once the brain has become developed enough to sustain conscciousness.

I agree with the last post that at 11 this girl could be seriously damaged by giving birth, and the baby is very likely to have health problems as well. I think abortion is the way to go in this case. It's already difficult enough that she has gone through the trauma of rape.

James

gnomon

Given the scant details from the article I shall draw some general concepts to respond to.

With the knowledge the girls are victim of sexual abuse and such abuse can result in a pregnancy I would like to see all nations with a health system that allows for these girls to receive immediate and adequate attention if they choose to abort...or not. The choice will lie solely with the child. In other words, if the parents want the child to continue with the pregnancy but the child doesn't...the child's wishes will take precedence.

It is my opinion that no government authority or even parental authority should hold the power to force a female to go through a pregnancy.

Immediate access to an abortion would provide a safer medical procedure. Perhaps it would be far better for the psychological sake of the child as well.

spiritually inclined

Given the scant details from the article I shall draw some general concepts to respond to.

With the knowledge the girls are victim of sexual abuse and such abuse can result in a pregnancy I would like to see all nations with a health system that allows for these girls to receive immediate and adequate attention if they choose to abort...or not. The choice will lie solely with the child. In other words, if the parents want the child to continue with the pregnancy but the child doesn't...the child's wishes will take precedence.

It is my opinion that no government authority or even parental authority should hold the power to force a female to go through a pregnancy.

Immediate access to an abortion would provide a safer medical procedure. Perhaps it would be far better for the psychological sake of the child as well.

Good posting.

James