• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Childless millennials / Gen Z

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This is a thread to talk about childlessness...in our generations.

The boomers are invited too... to express their view on us. ;)

Like this:

A Message to Intentionally Childless Millennials - CBMW - AVG Secure Browser 10_10_2023 18_36_50.png

PS. OK, Boomers ;)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I would like to tell this Shane Morris.
Yes... I am reaching that age...and I still feel sexy...and men literally chase me...I sell like hot cakes.
If I had kids, I wouldn't have the time to be sexy. ;)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Like this:

View attachment 98184

PS. OK, Boomers ;)

I don't know who Shane Morris is, though it looks like he has some articles on The Christian Post.

I'm technically a Boomer (born in 1963), although I probably have more in common (generationally) with Gen-Xers born in the 1960s/early 70s than I do with any Boomers born in the 1940s or 50s. I never cared much for how generations are commonly generalized. If one is to compare differences, it might be more useful to look at what decades people were born in.

As I recall growing up, a lot of people talked about overpopulation and wondered about the wisdom of bringing a child into an uncertain, overcrowded world with a finite supply of food and resources. Movies like "Soylent Green" gave people the impression that we were heading into some kind of horrific, dystopian future. Maybe we're still heading in that direction.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't know who Shane Morris is, though it looks like he has some articles on The Christian Post.

I'm technically a Boomer (born in 1963), although I probably have more in common (generationally) with Gen-Xers born in the 1960s/early 70s than I do with any Boomers born in the 1940s or 50s. I never cared much for how generations are commonly generalized. If one is to compare differences, it might be more useful to look at what decades people were born in.
This is not a serious thread... ;)
I was being sarcastic after reading that post.
As I recall growing up, a lot of people talked about overpopulation and wondered about the wisdom of bringing a child into an uncertain, overcrowded world with a finite supply of food and resources. Movies like "Soylent Green" gave people the impression that we were heading into some kind of horrific, dystopian future. Maybe we're still heading in that direction.
Yeah... I kinda like Dystopian movies...even if they tend to exaggerate and to extremize issues.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent

Like this:

View attachment 98184

PS. OK, Boomers ;)

Why did you leave gen X out? j/k

My gen Z son, will soon be reaching his 30's. No children to note and no grandkids to carry our gene pool forward. I'm not at all disappointed. Times are tough, and responsible behavior is necessitated for that reason. What will these generations do after reaching their 40's? I don't know. Pat themselves on the back, looking back at a life where the kids would have struggled more than they would have liked, or in regret, knowing it may have been worth it. It's a personal choice and I wouldn't want to pretend I know better than he does what would be best for him as an individual, so ... I leave his life in his hands, and I try to make sure he knows he has my ongoing support as a father who struggles too.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I would like to tell this Shane Morris.
Yes... I am reaching that age...and I still feel sexy...and men literally chase me...I sell like hot cakes.
If I had kids, I wouldn't have the time to be sexy. ;)
What's 'sexy' is relative to each person.

Though I wasn't aware being sexy took up a lot of time. Sex could, perhaps, but a person doesn't have to be sexy to have sex, and being sexy doesn't require a person have sex, either.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Boomer here (actually Gen Xer). I'm childless and in my 50's. I'm not having, nor have I had, an existential crisis over it. Besides, I have pets, family, friends, a coven and a religion to tend to and enjoy company with.

Oh. And I am very sexy. So I keep telling myself.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What's 'sexy' is relative to each person.

Though I wasn't aware being sexy took up a lot of time. Sex could, perhaps, but a person doesn't have to be sexy to have sex, and being sexy doesn't require a person have sex, either.
And being sexy has nothing to do with beauty either.
I mean... here the story of a girl named Magdalena that is pretty, but her sex life is a disaster because she doesn't think she is sexy.

On the contrary... I am very self-confident and that helps me having much more success with men.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
And being sexy has nothing to do with beauty either.
I agree.
I mean... here the story of a girl named Magdalena that is pretty, but her sex life is a disaster because she doesn't think she is sexy.

On the contrary... I am very self-confident and that helps me having much more success with men.
I attribute my success with being able to burp the alphabet.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Not so.
Growth is a popular thing, not just in capitalism.
But it’s not a fundamental defining trait of any.
Yes, we both live in Capitalist countries. If the population is falling the capitalist model has problems. Stock & shares are based on increasing profits; investment is based on a growing return.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not so.
Growth is a popular thing, not just in capitalism.
But it’s not a fundamental defining trait of any.
I remind you that if there were very few people... the buildings would outnumber the people...and the majestic lords of the real estate business would gain nothing.
;)