• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Childless millennials / Gen Z

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yes, we both live in Capitalist countries. If the population is falling the capitalist model has problems. Stock & shares are based on increasing profits; investment is based on a growing return.
You're right. He is wrong.
Capitalists would not exist with a tiny tiny human population.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Yes, we both live in Capitalist countries. If the population is falling the capitalist model has problems. Stock & shares are based on increasing profits; investment is based on a growing return.
The planet itself, unsurprisingly, can't "cope" with endless growth. Strangely enough the planet is a finite resource.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, we both live in Capitalist countries. If the population is falling the capitalist model has problems.
And advantages....
Lower real estate costs.
Less destruction of natural spaces.
Less upward pressure on AGW.
Stock & shares are based on increasing profits; investment is based on a growing return.
Some investment is based upon growth.
Not all.
And if a population stabilizes, there'll still
be growth of more competitive companies.
Overall growth isn't necessary or even
desirable IMO.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If all millennials stop procreating...there will be very few people left.
That's math. :)
If everybody jumped off a high cliff onto a bed of nails
coated in Ebola virus, then all of humanity would disappear.
That's math too.
But impossibly absurd scenarios are not reality.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If everybody jumped off a high cliff onto a bed of nails
coated in Ebola virus, then all of humanity would disappear.
That's math too.
But impossibly absurd scenarios are not reality.
Science makes giant leaps. I mean...in few decades there will be contraceptives making unwanted pregnancies reduced to zero.

And let's be honest... the 95% of the population is the result of unwanted pregnancies.
With a tiny population, Capitalists will gain nothing.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Science makes giant leaps. I mean...in few decades there will be contraceptives making unwanted pregnancies reduced to zero.
And the Star Trek economy will make work unnecessary.
Let's stick to reality as it is, not what is dreamed of.
And let's be honest... the 95% of the population is the result of unwanted pregnancies.
That's a dishonest claim.
With a tiny population, Capitalists will have a stroke because they will stop gaining their daily million of dollars. Amen.
That's a stupid claim.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
And being sexy has nothing to do with beauty either.
I mean... here the story of a girl named Magdalena that is pretty, but her sex life is a disaster because she doesn't think she is sexy.

On the contrary... I am very self-confident and that helps me having much more success with men.

If. You have no confidence
And don't ask
You don't get.

If you have confidence
You don't even need to ask.
It is called non verbal agreement.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's a dishonest claim.
The birth rates in Africa and in Asia have skyrocketed ...and I don't think women deliberately decide to create children in extremely poor conditions.

Just think that in my country not even people with 2 incomes make children because the Euro-dictatorship makes life a nightmare.