• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Moms Complain About Lack of “Respect and Dignity” in Super Bowl Halftime Show

Skwim

Veteran Member
It looks like she had a wardrobe malfunction and her burka fell off, exposing her glittery underpants to the whole world.
Underpants? These
images

are underpants. This is what J-Lo was wearing

j lo costume.png

which are certainly no worse than what Linda Carter wore as Wonder Woman.

They should have brought a halt to the festivities, rather than let her continue that way. Or least they could have dropped a huge American flag on her to hide her from the leering eyes of excitable young males everywhere.
Yeah, god forbid that young males get excited and leer at attractive women. Better that they be exposed to mindless violence.

763c68d45ab4ffdd3db58e1715c7a21a.jpg

Last edited:

Vee

Premium Member
Anybody here see this lack of respect and dignity in the halftime show?
(The full show is on the video above.)

As a woman, it just makes me really sad that men can perform their concerts wearing jeans and t-shirts and nobody questions they value as musicians, but two great performers like Shakira and J-Lo have to be almost naked to get some attention. Double standards much?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
As a woman, it just makes me really sad that men can perform their concerts wearing jeans and t-shirts and nobody questions they value as musicians, but two great performers like Shakira and J-Lo have to be almost naked to get some attention. Double standards much?
What if they want to be almost naked? J-Lo started out as a dancer. They're dancers as well as singers. What's wrong with it? You just don't like the style of dancing because it involves a lot of hip movement?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Are people not buying and listening to Shakira and J-Lo's music because they aren't almost naked when they make their purchase or are listening? And just to be clear, what is your definition of "nearly naked"? To me, a woman in a bikini would be at the threshold of "almost naked." Wearing anything more certainly wouldn't qualify.

In any case, yes there is a double standard of sorts. There always has been and probably always will be, and no amount of complaining about it is going to change that fact. In general, men appreciate female flesh more than women appreciate male flesh, and I can only ask, when are women going to catch up? It isn't men who are lacking anything here, it's women. So the question is, what's wrong with our naked flesh that you can't appreciate it?

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
What if they want to be almost naked? J-Lo started out as a dancer. They're dancers as well as singers. What's wrong with it? You just don't like the style of dancing because it involves a lot of hip movement?
Don't you know that hip movement can be sexually suggestive. And god forbid that any suggestion of sex ever leave the confines of the marriage bedroom. And even then we hear: "Please turn out the lights Ralph. I'm about to get undressed."

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Grab your torches and pitchforks.

"The evangelical Christian hate group One Million Moms (Twitter count: 4,731), which never has a critical thing to say about Donald Trump, can’t believe two women danced onstage during halftime of the Super Bowl. Jennifer Lopez basically danced while wearing a “glitter maxi pad,” they claim.

They’re now calling for everyone to sign their petition in order to… well, nothing. There’s nothing to “petition.” It’s just a way to grow their mailing list. But a lack of motivation never stopped them from whining.

How are children supposed to learn about respect and dignity when this is what they see on the world’s biggest stage?

Latin rapper Bad Bunny briefly joined them on stage, but he wasn’t the biggest surprise of the evening. The halftime performance went from pole dancing to a chorus of children singing and dancing alongside Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter, Emme. Children were shown in lit silhouette cages.

There were so many other music artists who could have performed and given a much cleaner and more appropriate performance. Many families watch the Super Bowl together, therefore, the halftime show should be family-friendly. Is it too much to ask for Super Bowl entertainment be suitable for fans of all ages?
These Christians are more upset at J-Lo for featuring kids in imaginary cages than they are at Republicans for putting kids in actual ones.
source

Then why are they okay with NFL cheerleaders? They love when their little girls are in dance and cheer. It seems to be all about skimpy clothes and gyrating anymore.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Are people not buying and listening to Shakira and J-Lo's music because they aren't almost naked when they make their purchase or are listening? And just to be clear, what is your definition of "nearly naked"? To me, a woman in a bikini would be at the threshold of "almost naked." Wearing anything more certainly wouldn't qualify.

In any case, yes there is a double standard of sorts. There always has been and probably always will be, and no amount of complaining about it is going to change that fact. In general, men appreciate female flesh more than women appreciate male flesh, and I can only ask, when are women going to catch up? It isn't men who are lacking anything here, it's women. So the question is, what's wrong with our naked flesh that you can't appreciate it?

Are you seriously blaming women for the fact that many men can only largely appreciate them as sex objects?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Are you seriously blaming women for the fact that many men can only largely appreciate them as sex objects?
I did not get that from his post. Men can appreciate both the talent and the sexual attraction of women. And attractive women do seem to enjoy putting it on display at times. To me that is a win win situation.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I did not get that from his post. Men can appreciate both the talent and the sexual attraction of women.
But often, and historically, don't.

And attractive women do seem to enjoy putting it on display at times. To me that is a win win situation.
Are people being serious?

You really don't see what's problematic about a culture which instills in women the idea that they should be seen as sex objects?

I know women who actually work in the burlesque industry who wouldn't say this kind of stuff.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But often, and historically, don't.

Are people being serious?

You really don't see what's problematic about a culture which instills in women the idea that they should be seen as sex objects?

I know women who actually work in the burlesque industry who wouldn't say this kind of stuff.
i can't see stifling women just because some don't appreciate it. And you probably don't want to hear what I think of the so called burlesque industry these days. It is an artform that has had its day in the sun. It is a parody of what it used to be. If one wants to see women as just sex objects, then go to a strip club.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
i can't see stifling women just because some don't appreciate it.
Who suggested stifling women?

And you probably don't want to hear what I think of the so called burlesque industry these days. It is an artform that has had its day in the sun. It is a parody of what it used to be. If one wants to see women as just sex objects, then go to a strip club.
Or, y'know, look almost everywhere.

Shad

Veteran Member

Grab your torches and pitchforks.

"The evangelical Christian hate group One Million Moms (Twitter count: 4,731), which never has a critical thing to say about Donald Trump, can’t believe two women danced onstage during halftime of the Super Bowl. Jennifer Lopez basically danced while wearing a “glitter maxi pad,” they claim.

They’re now calling for everyone to sign their petition in order to… well, nothing. There’s nothing to “petition.” It’s just a way to grow their mailing list. But a lack of motivation never stopped them from whining.

How are children supposed to learn about respect and dignity when this is what they see on the world’s biggest stage?

Latin rapper Bad Bunny briefly joined them on stage, but he wasn’t the biggest surprise of the evening. The halftime performance went from pole dancing to a chorus of children singing and dancing alongside Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter, Emme. Children were shown in lit silhouette cages.

There were so many other music artists who could have performed and given a much cleaner and more appropriate performance. Many families watch the Super Bowl together, therefore, the halftime show should be family-friendly. Is it too much to ask for Super Bowl entertainment be suitable for fans of all ages?

These Christians are more upset at J-Lo for featuring kids in imaginary cages than they are at Republicans for putting kids in actual ones.
source

As per the other thread with the father complaining.... Turn the channel, cut the cable, etc. The NFL listens to money not petitions. If people are so concerned stop funding the NFL from their own wallets. There are alternatives to cable TV (general point)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I blame God.
If there is such a being who designed us.

But, yeah. Women commonly manipulate men with sex. Here in the #MeToo culture of victimhood and entitlement, they can then turn around and blame men for responding.
Tom

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I blame God.
If there is such a being who designed us.

But, yeah. Women commonly manipulate men with sex. Here in the #MeToo culture of victimhood and entitlement, they can then turn around and blame men for responding.
Tom
So, by your estimate, what is the percentage of women who are genuinely victims of sexual abuse and manipulation vs. the percentage who just manipulated men into sex and then "blamed them for responding"?

Skwim

Veteran Member
So, just to be clear, were you being sarcastic or ironic?

I'm genuinely asking.
Sincerely, I am not "seriously blaming women for the fact that many men can only largely appreciate them as sex objects." Hell, I don't even believe it's a "fact that many men can only largely appreciate [women] as sex objects." Some, of course, but hardly "many." And this isn't to say that women and girls play no part in encouraging men to appreciate their sexuality. Simply consider all the money they spend on products to look alluring.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Sincerely, I am not "seriously blaming women for the fact that many men can only largely appreciate them as sex objects."
Hell, I don't even believe it's a "fact that many men can only largely appreciate [women] as sex objects." Some of course, but hardly "many."

So why is presenting women as sex objects so endemic?

I don't see splitting hairs over the use of the word "some" rather than "many" really matters much. 1% of the world's men is "some", but it is also 70 million men, which by any stretch of the term is "many".