• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity And Me

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's amazing how people resort to this negativity when they can't answer the question. Very telling...

The answer is everything.

I am suppoised to blow smoke up your ***? Is that really what you want? Do you really want someone to pat your hand and say its ok hon the cancer won't kill you?

I suppose it is like the drug addict. While on the drug everything is beautiful and of course it won't kill me.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
For decades I’ve been, as I see it now, shackled by christianity. Over the last decade I’ve been able to remove those shackles and life has been much better. Sure there are bad times, however, I never had to go to a book (that was written by men and edited by other men) as a source of strength. I’ve been able to rely on myself more, and an invisible deity that I’ve never seen less. I have been able to experience more of life (both good and bad) now that I’m not wearing the yoke of said religion. Things throughout history are more clear to me now than while I was enslaved. I have gained new friends, bonded better with my family and been able to accept myself more now. I don’t have to worry about an afterlife, ensuring I understand and follow the bible correctly. I don’t feel the need to be a light to my fellow man like I did before, but I do so when I want to. I don’t have to be on guard against evil nor run from it. I don’t have the need to have faith in any deity.
So what have I done wrong? This attitude flies in the face of many believers, so surely I’m doing something wrong, right? Yet my life is proportionally better than ever. So what am I doing wrong?
Discuss?
Whatever floats your boat. If Christianity isn't right for you, so be it. If atheism isn't right for me, that's fine, too. Why does that mean we have to be at each other's throats all the time?

Agnostic75

Katzpur said:
Whatever floats your boat. If Christianity isn't right for you, so be it. If atheism isn't right for me, that's fine, too. Why does that mean we have to be at each other's throats all the time?

Based upon your comments, I just started a new thread about Israelis and Palestinians. When strongly held religious views are involved, whether in the Middle East, or anywhere else, compromise is often difficult, if not impossible, but it should still be attempted.