• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The list is a bit long lol

That's only a fraction of it, excluding the millions of Hindu gods there are around 4200 gods bern worshipped on recorded history, about 3800 of them are creator one gods... Im not sure how that can work but that's religion for you.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
That's only a fraction of it, excluding the millions of Hindu gods there are around 4200 gods bern worshipped on recorded history, about 3800 of them are creator one gods... Im not sure how that can work but that's religion for you.
None of the Hindu gods are creator gods in the flesh.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That was your whole point in our conversation

You asked a question, i provided a list of omni everything creator gods, some of whom walked as humans .

Often enough impregnating human women. Zeus for example became flesh regularly and sired over 100 children.

However it seems you couldn't be bothered with the list so c'est la vie

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You really think people from all over the world would spread Christianity and preach things like Jesus coming back and the resurrection of the dead if it weren’t true?

You could say the same thing about hare krishna's, muslims, and any other folk that are preaching their religion.

What it tells us, at best, is that those people believe it to be true. Not that it is actually true.

Don’t tell me it’s about money because that’s ridiculous.

Is it? Clearly not always.
For televangelists in America for example, this preaching is their bread and butter. And they make BIG money doing it. They are millionaires. Some of them even own private jets. The literally get filthy rich doing what they do.

These are pretty far fetched ideas if you ask me.

Depends on the situation off course.
Plenty of "preachers", especially in the US, have literally build a business around their preaching.
And they are BIG businesses. Let's suppose they are genuine. Let's suppose something happens and they no longer believe and become atheists.
They would have much financial incentive to keep it a secret and simply continue playing to role as their multi-million dollar income stream literally depends on it.

Do you think people would really spread these far-fetched ideas if they weren’t true?

Con-men do that all the time. :shrug:
And once again: at best it means that they BELIEVE it is true. Not that it actually is true.

Think about it. It’s so obvious. There is truth in it imo. One just has to know how to see it.
Again, at best, we can assume they are sincere in their beliefs. Not that their beliefs are therefor also true.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Christianity

Yes, Pauline-Christianity needs reformation to set again on the path and deeds that Yeshua-the truthful Israelite Messiah followed, right, please?
This is the purpose of the Second Coming of (Jesus)Yeshua-the truthful Israelite Messiah, which has exactly been done, I understand, by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, please, right?

Regards