• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians and dinosaurs

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The other day i see a news broadcast that showed a new museum in America that is saying and exhibiting, that humans were around the time of the dinosaurs and they never attacked us!!!
Sorry to be the party pooper here, but I simply don't believe you. Could you provide us with the name or location of this museum? This sounds more like an urban legend.

Scott C.

Just one guy
if they are in to science how can they still believe in God? because every person i know who is into science,life. etc. are all atheists.seems like the more you get into it the more intelligent you become, the more rationality you have, and the more depressed you are, and the less you know about science, intelligence falls, rationality falls, and the more happy you are, I think ignorance is bliss!! coming from a bias view

Studies within my church demonstrate that the more educated an LDS person is, the more likely he/she is to be an active and participating LDS member. That discredits the notion that the more people study their world, the more likely they are to abandon their faith. The opposite is true among the LDS population.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Satan is a very tricky creature. What Satan did was bury fake "old" dinosaur bones so that people or scientists would dig them up and think they were really old. He did this just to try and disprove Jesus Christ and the fact our Earth is only 6000 years old- and it seems to be working. :( Look at how nonChristians are trying to take over America.

Scuba Pete

if they are in to science how can they still believe in God? because every person i know who is into science,life. etc. are all atheists.seems like the more you get into it the more intelligent you become, the more rationality you have, and the more depressed you are, and the less you know about science, intelligence falls, rationality falls, and the more happy you are, I think ignorance is bliss!! coming from a bias view
What a load of condescending crap. I am just glad that your prejudices are not shared by the vast majority of atheists.

You and Rev Oxley have made one of the most common pseudo-intellectual errors: you believe that people who hold different values or beliefs than you are somehow intellectual inferior or lazy. This is odious at best and harkens back to the days of rampant racism. Oh, I am sure that you have justified your bigotry in your own biased minds, and that I will be castigated for pointing out your narrow mindedness and hatred for those who are different. Unfortunately, there is a subtle double standard in America. It's OK to be prejudiced against theists, but it's not OK to point that out.

If you want to discuss intelligence and/or intellectual laziness... just look who wrote "born and bread". BREAD? How utterly droll. How perfectly ironic.

Sorry to be the party pooper here, but I simply don't believe you. Could you provide us with the name or location of this museum? This sounds more like an urban legend.

it was on the bbc look for it if you think im lying, i wish it was a lie it sounds so unbelievable check u tube.

What a load of condescending crap. I am just glad that your prejudices are not shared by the vast majority of atheists.

You and Rev Oxley have made one of the most common pseudo-intellectual errors: you believe that people who hold different values or beliefs than you are somehow intellectual inferior or lazy. This is odious at best and harkens back to the days of rampant racism. Oh, I am sure that you have justified your bigotry in your own biased minds, and that I will be castigated for pointing out your narrow mindedness and hatred for those who are different. Unfortunately, there is a subtle double standard in America. It's OK to be prejudiced against theists, but it's not OK to point that out.

If you want to discuss intelligence and/or intellectual laziness... just look who wrote "born and bread". BREAD? How utterly droll. How perfectly ironic.

whatever, everyone ***** foots around your religion and your paedophile priests and just leave them to get on with it, you say its free speech in America but only if you are white and christian, if i told you what i really think of your cult i would be kicked off.and yeah if you believe there is an imaginery entity around us how am i supposed to think of as intelligent, if i told you there is a giant chicken with the head of a cow who was looking after us, and had an old complicated book that has different interpretations all the time for the same verses, you would throw away the key yes or no.

Satan is a very tricky creature. What Satan did was bury fake "old" dinosaur bones so that people or scientists would dig them up and think they were really old. He did this just to try and disprove Jesus Christ and the fact our Earth is only 6000 years old- and it seems to be working. :( Look at how nonChristians are trying to take over America.

non-christians trying to take over america you have to be kidding about 80% of your population is christian, try coming to England you would have a heart attack.

Studies within my church demonstrate that the more educated an LDS person is, the more likely he/she is to be an active and participating LDS member. That discredits the notion that the more people study their world, the more likely they are to abandon their faith. The opposite is true among the LDS population.

yeah because your relient upon it that is the only reason. you think it gives you protection and safeguards you, which is ok with me, but when it gets to christians acting as 'good disciples and push their beliefs on anyone else you only have to look back a brief time in history to see how christianity got so big.violence and corruption.

Scott1

Sorry to say..... it's true:

A fully engaging, sensory experience for guests. Murals and realistic scenery, computer-generated visual effects, over fifty exotic animals, life-sized people and dinosaur animatronics, and a special-effects theater complete with misty sea breezes and rumbling seats. These are just some of the impressive exhibits that everyone in your family will enjoy.

Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview - Creation Museum

Scott C.

Just one guy
yeah because your relient upon it that is the only reason. you think it gives you protection and safeguards you, which is ok with me, but when it gets to christians acting as 'good disciples and push their beliefs on anyone else you only have to look back a brief time in history to see how christianity got so big.violence and corruption.

What does that have to do with the false theory that the more one studies science the less likely one is to believe in God?

I think humans may have descended from reptiles.

wee, everything originated from the sea, that is where life began.christians say 'my grandfather wasn't a monkey and neither was his', in fact evolution takes thousands of years and is caused from genetic mutations, and the most adaptable genes will survive. the less adaptable will die off therefore leaving the more adaptable genes to reproduce, and this explains the changes in body shape, brain size everything, and explains why people are born with abnormalities because our bodies are still mutating.
There is proof, In England there is a butterfly that was dieing out because the males had a gene which caused them to die of an illness prematurely, and nature preservers all across the country gave up hope and thought it would go exstinct, when it got down to literally the last few pairs left, they found that one of the males never had the gene and was still able to mate and so eradicating the defective gene altogether, because those who had it died out and the ones that never, survived, passing their genes to their offspring, and so eradicating the bad gene altogether. Now the numbers are steadily rising.

Scuba Pete

yeah told you i wasn't lieing, nut cases mate!!!
Now provide proof for this statement in the OP:
SaveMeJebux said:
that most christians in America don't even believe the dinosaurs ever existed

Who is the bigger nut case? The people who deny the existence of dinosaurs, or someone who spouts drivel about "most Christians"? Both are in denial.

Your hate and bigotry simply astound me. But thanks for ADMITTING to being a troll.

No im just saying that is what believing in god looks like to me, you have no proof it exists and seem like you don't want none because you have 'faith'. and you read thid book that has all these tall tales in, it wasn't written by L. Ron Hubbard was it (lol)and yes i have hate and bigotry for your religion i used to be christian and i know what you are all like.watch more history channel and get out of your crappy bible classes.
"FORGIVE THEM FATHER FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO" go away mate, i would have been nailing him to the cross in all fairness.

Scuba Pete

I don't think your personality fits in this forum.
It's not up to us to determine that. I personally feel he has a lot to learn and a rather large bias to overcome. It's really up to him to make the most of it here. I would say "May God be with you!", but I am afraid he would not take it in the spirit I am giving it! :D

Scuba Pete

yep damn straight.just took a page out of your book.
It's funny then, that you don't appear to be reasonable or open minded. Perhaps your page came from another book: one devoted to knee jerk reactions and open bias? It's a shame really that you just can't seem to see your prejudice here.

It's not up to us to determine that. I personally feel he has a lot to learn and a rather large bias to overcome. It's really up to him to make the most of it here. I would say "May God be with you!", but I am afraid he would not take it in the spirit I am giving it! :D

yeah your probably right i am biase,like most people here,everyone has there own beliefs and therefore they are biase. and am here to broaden my horizons, ignore my ranting, it is just when someone ignores what you say out of hand, and to say i am just being a troll and strirring trouble is absolutely false and couldn't be further from the truth, just do me a favour and see if i am lying about this museum, check it up.

Scuba Pete

I don't think I ever said you were lying. I said I did not believe you.

The tenor of your OP was that "most" Christians believed this kind of crap. Could someone, somewhere put together a museum that ignores all of evolutionary evidences? I guess so, as Scott provided us with a link.

But to make this belief the "status quo" of most Christians in America is beyond the pale. Also, given your chosen user name, it appears that you have some sort of anti-religious axe to grind. Maybe some "American Christians" are a bit more astute than you would give us credit for?