• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what do you think about Trump's convictions

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Then you agree with my implied point that Biden's policy of allowing illegals to flood this country is far worse than a falsified business record entry.
But I'm sure your priorities are different.
I am saying that neither has anything to do with the other so the comparison is nothing more than a sad whataboutism that has thus far failed to distract.

Perhaps try harder next time?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Then you agree with my implied point that Biden's policy of allowing illegals to flood this country is far worse than a falsified business record entry.
But I'm sure your priorities are different.
We agree your implied point is that you will engage in any form of whataboutism to avoid acknowledging that Trump was convicted for falsifying business records.

Again, you stoop low and use a Murdoch source that is notoriously right-wing. And what you're also doing is being unethical by using "guilt by association". Hunter is not Joe and Joe is not Hunter, and this shouldn't be even slightly difficult to understand.
Is it not true that Biden said the laptop story was not true? And the problem is not the laptop, or what Hunter did, but that Biden lied about it.
Wikipedia is not nonpartisan.

You do know that using your presented logic, Trump would be in much deeper water than Biden simply because Trump told so many more lies in that debate, right?

what is the real issue here?
That Trump was taken to task for one of his thousands of lies and Biden was not?
The real issue is, if lying in attempt to influence election result makes it a crime, it should be so in all cases. This means, if Trump lied more than 34 times, which I don't believe, then the same judgment should come from all the lies. And the same is with everyone else who lies in attempt to influence election result.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The real issue is, if lying in attempt to influence election result makes it a crime, it should be so in all cases. This means, if Trump lied more than 34 times, which I don't believe, then the same judgment should come from all the lies. And the same is with everyone else who lies in attempt to influence election result.
Lying to influence the election, for the most part, is not a crime in and of itself.
When a crime is committed to influence the election it can be upgraded to be a bigger offense than if the same crime was committed without influencing the election.

Trumps case was not about simply lying to influence the election.
Trumps case was that there was a crime committed to influence the election.

Laniakea

Not of this world
I don't care for your what-bout-ism.

None of this changes anything about how Trump was convicted for falsifying business records.
Yet you're willing to dismiss 10,000,000 instances of law-breaking to focus on a misdemeanor (elevated to felony to ignore statute of limitations expiration) by someone you have a personal hatred of.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
AFAIK, there are no laws against lying.
But there sure are laws against falsifying business records.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yet you're willing to dismiss 10,000,000 instances of law-breaking to focus on a misdemeanor (elevated to felony to ignore statute of limitations expiration) by someone you have a personal hatred of.
And the whataboutism just continues.

It's like you are trying to say that crime X by person A shouldn't be punished, or isn't a big deal, because "other people commit crimes too".

If Biden is guilty of a crime, then have a lawsuit against him also.
How that changes anything about Trump's crimes, I have no clue.

The law applies to everybody. Including the people you personally worship.

Trumps case was that there was a crime committed to influence the election.
By what i have understood, it was a crime because of the alleged influence in the election. Without it, it would not have been a crime.

AFAIK, there are no laws against lying.
But there sure are laws against falsifying business records.
Yeah, and neither of those would have been a crime, if without "election interference". In the case of Trump, the reason for calling it a crime was the "election interference". And therefore, if Biden does the same, he should also be judged the same way.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
By what i have understood, it was a crime because of the alleged influence in the election. Without it, it would not have been a crime.
No, it was crime regardless of the election.
The election merely made the offense worse.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is it not true that Biden said the laptop story was not true? And the problem is not the laptop, or what Hunter did, but that Biden lied about it.

I didn't say it was totally untrue, but that you are using a source that is linked to the right.

Wikipedia is not nonpartisan.

It is basically nonpartisan as one can easily use the links that are provided. OTOH, your source is notoriously linked to the Murdochs who are VERY partisan. To dismiss my link while posting your biased link is VERY hypocritical.

metis

Based on the DNC and Swamp's behavior during the Russian Collusion Coup, where the Swamp and DNC found/made Trump guilty until he was proven innocent, it is probably better to wait to pass judgement. This appears to be another swamp/DNC get Trump scam, which did not happen until after Trump declared his 2024 candidacy.
We know there was Russian collusion as Trump told them to release Hillary's 30,000 posts and they did that very same night. Also, Trump broke protocol when having an private meeting with Putin with an American translator not in the room! He even gave confidential information to a Russian diplomat dealing with Israel.

Don't you even ask the question why Trump never blames Putin for anything while badmouthing even some of our NATO allies?

metis

In the case of Trump, the reason for calling it a crime was the "election interference".

Garbage. Many in Trump's own staff, including his own AG, said there definitely was not enough interference to change the results of the election. And Barr also said 2020 may have been the cleanest election in American history.