• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Churchianity is the Antichrist

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It teaches the EXACT OPPOSITE of the Bible.
I have tried to find an exception- and have failed!

What about YOU?
What is your basis for claiming so? What about the divisive and spiteful and oppressive problems in supposedly bible based churches? Those aren't antichristian? They tend to divide over a split pea. There is a long history of divisions, numbering in the thousands, of bible-based churches.

Here we have Jesus quoted in John 17 praying that his disciples will be one, and here we have the supposedly bible-based churches splitting like crazy over who will roast the turkey.

Questioning

*Banned*
What is your basis for claiming so? What about the divisive and spiteful and oppressive problems in supposedly bible based churches? Those aren't antichristian? They tend to divide over a split pea. There is a long history of divisions, numbering in the thousands, of bible-based churches.

Here we have Jesus quoted in John 17 praying that his disciples will be one, and here we have the supposedly bible-based churches splitting like crazy over who will roast the turkey.
You have answered your own question.

Churches operate under a structured protocol, set up in a way the church has deemed best fit to represent the larger body of attendees and members. They're all a little different and I imagine them to be similar to family households in their structure and policies. I'm not a church member myself, but I'll find one every few years and attend a meeting or two, if only for the experience and to meet people. I don't plan on joining or becoming a member anywhere, although it can be a nice change of pace to attend. I tithe, but it's not to the same place or institution every time. I spread mine out. It's never much, but it's something. I'll eventually get it over a 10%, but for the moment I'm barely to that point. Many households or many mansions are present in life, each serving a position in the larger body, and each operate differently from the others. Churchianity isn't a negative is what I'm suggesting. It's just a way that some understand to be beneficial and rewarding. I'm a better drifter than I am a church member and being on the road is more adventurous. I do enjoy my down time, though. I've been in the same location for nearly a year now. It helps in building community relations, and I am able to garner positive relationships from the longer stays.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually that was too harsh. I just don't understand such a flippant response. You don't have to answer.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

What about YOU?
I believe that Christianity as it is believed by most Christians is for the most part a false religion.
Where do you want me to start? :shrug:

The top 4 false beliefs are in a thread I started not long ago:

The following list contains some beliefs that are central to Christianity.
1) Jesus is God
2) Jesus is the only way to God
3) Jesus rose from the dead
4) Jesus is going to return to earth

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well, next Churchanity warped the "soul'!

Gen 2:7- And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. - ASV

Nothing immortal about THAT? Adam ended up dying.
Buuuutttttt- do the churches confirm THIS??????????
Only the physical body of Adam ended up dying, as we all do....
The soul of Adam did not die because the soul is immortal.

Where the verse says: and man became a living soul..... it means that man became a person, since the soul is the person.
The physical body is not the person, it only houses the soul and allows it to express itself while we are living in a physical body.

After we die physically, the soul leaves the physical body and continues to live in a spiritual body.
This is supported by the Bible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Dogma of the Immortal Soul is a Catholic's Best Friend!
It ushers it Hellfire, Purgatory, Jesus never dying, and a host of other false dogma...
You don't believe that the soul is immortal?
Some Christians believe that the soul dies. Do you think that is what the Bible says?

My beliefs are congruent with the following article:

Soul Cannot Die

The Scripture says the spirit, or soul, cannot be annihilated. Though the body may die, the spirit will live on. Death, therefore is not the end of conscious life. It is the separation of the body and the spirit. The spirit, however, lives on in another realm. The body is only the temporary residence of humans. Jesus said.
Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell (Matthew 10:28).
Destroy has the idea of punish, not annihilate. The destruction of the soul means separation from the life of God. Though living, the soul of the unbeliever has no connection whatsoever to God.

Questioning

*Banned*
I believe that Christianity as it is believed by most Christians is for the most part a false religion.
Where do you want me to start? :shrug:

The top 4 false beliefs are in a thread I started not long ago:

The following list contains some beliefs that are central to Christianity.
1) Jesus is God
2) Jesus is the only way to God
3) Jesus rose from the dead
4) Jesus is going to return to earth

1-Nope
2-Yes, but 1 contradicts it
3-They teach he was ALWAYS alive- see 1
4-See 1

Questioning

*Banned*
Only the physical body of Adam ended up dying, as we all do....
The soul of Adam did not die because the soul is immortal.

Where the verse says: and man became a living soul..... it means that man became a person, since the soul is the person.
The physical body is not the person, it only houses the soul and allows it to express itself while we are living in a physical body.

After we die physically, the soul leaves the physical body and continues to live in a spiritual body.
This is supported by the Bible.
Nope.

Muffled

Jesus in me

What about YOU?
I do not believe that churchianity is the anti-Christ. It may act as an illegitimate substitute for Christ all while trying to appear to be like Christ.