• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Churchianity is the Antichrist

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Here's what I thought as a child about the rapture. Every time I couldn't find my parents, I'd be thinking, "Crap. I got something wrong." It was a very long time before I realized that I believe that God isn't about tricking people, and that a whole lot of people are going to be very surprised one day.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Evidence! It is THRUOUT the Bible! Try reading it without the Church Sunglasses!

I've read 3, all different, reading them and understanding what they say was what turned me atheist.

The bible is not evidence, is is a series of books with very little independent evidence to back them up

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The RSV (But it removes God's Name), and the New World Translation.
INTENSIVE research have proven this to me.
The oldest copies, the study of the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.

Controversial, too general, one size fits all bible. Basically a copy the kjv and d-r.

Questioning

*Banned*
I've learned to discard church beliefs, and turn to God to guide me. And He HAS. I just don't live up to His standards all the time!
What about YOUR'S?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It fits me. I don't proselytize much because to me the Church is what fits ME, not necessarily other people. Though I will be the first to give my reasons for inner joy. I don't look at most other people and think good or bad. I just think "searching." As I always am. Though at age 62 I think I've found what works best for me.