• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College kid in Maine

AndyLc

Hi all, my name is Andy and I'm a college student in downeast Maine. I've recently started attending a UU church (very recently) and I'm just kind of looking into more aspects of it.

A

Daemon Sophic

Welcome to the RF AndyLc! :)

"UU Church": is that United Unitarians; Universal Ungulates, or Unwelcome Uglies? :sarcastic

P.S. - link for Unitarian Universalists --> UUA: About Us

Last edited:

AndyLc

i'll take a stab and assume that was supposed to be a joke.

I already found the Unitarian Universalists page.

MSizer

MSizer
Cheers Andy. Welcome aboard. I have a lot of respect for UUers. I have a tin ear for ritual, so I don't bother myself, but surely if I was into that sort of community gathering stuff, UU would be my choice.

Welcome.

Daemon Sophic

i'll take a stab and assume that was supposed to be a joke.

I already found the Unitarian Universalists page.
Sorry, it was a bad joke. :sorry1: It's late, and I am weary.
Among the various religions of the world, UU is actually one of a few that I consider respectable.
As for additional information. :shrug: I'm not one. But I will keep monitoring this thread to get real UU's thoughts.

Again; welcome aboard! :)

Mr Cheese

hey Andy, UU is interesting...

in that they accept so much....

my girl friend keeps threatening to drag me to the local one here....

I'm not sure people into the tao te chin and dungeons and dragons would be all that cool....

I coul;d grow a beard like Msizer

although been there done that (the beard)

AndyLc

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

The UU forums aren't quite as happening as I'd hoped, but I guess that's OK.

A

AndyLc

You are being INCREDIBLY condescending right now.

My skin is plenty thick; being transgender in a rural town tends to do that to you. But I came here because I was hoping to research more of the UU ideas, not because I am unwilling to broaden my mind but because I wanted to learn somebody about UUs.

I hoped that this forum was above the other forums on the internet but it's apparently full of the same old internet trolls and condescending people who feel they are above others because they may have been somewhere longer.

AndyLc

Helpful advice does not come in the form of insulting somebody first. Helpful would have read something like "Yeah, sometimes some of the forums are less active than at other times but you can always check out the other forums." That's very different from "Then broaden your mind." Saying that I need to broaden my mind is not friendly, helpful, welcoming advice.

And then saying my skin will thicken, implying that I am too soft skinned or too young to "get" what is going on here? Also not appreciated.

Metalic Wings

Helpful advice does not come in the form of insulting somebody first. Helpful would have read something like "Yeah, sometimes some of the forums are less active than at other times but you can always check out the other forums." That's very different from "Then broaden your mind." Saying that I need to broaden my mind is not friendly, helpful, welcoming advice.

And then saying my skin will thicken, implying that I am too soft skinned or too young to "get" what is going on here? Also not appreciated.

I think you misunderstand, sir.
I'm not any veteran member, but from what I've gathered many people on RF are lighthearted. I think he was just trying to make interesting conversation and I'm afraid you might have jumped to conclusions.

Anyway, I'm sorry if the UU board isn't quite as on the ball as you would like. The best way to remedy that is to get the topics started. Make a thread and I'll be more than willing to help bring more action your way.

Welcome to RF :D