• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comfort foods

One of my medications that I take for help with sleeping causes my appetite to go into overdrive, so I usually end up eating late at night, which is probably why I am about 40# overweight. I tend to crave comfort foods, and most of my comfort food are high in fat content or high in carbs...or both. Right now, I am craving like a fiend for a box of macaroni and cheese. I have some downstairs, but I am trying very hard to resist the urge to make it because if I do, I know I'll eat the whole thing...and then feel guilty about it.

Frank Merton

One of my medications that I take for help with sleeping causes my appetite to go into overdrive, so I usually end up eating late at night, which is probably why I am about 40# overweight. I tend to crave comfort foods, and most of my comfort food are high in fat content or high in carbs...or both. Right now, I am craving like a fiend for a box of macaroni and cheese. I have some downstairs, but I am trying very hard to resist the urge to make it because if I do, I know I'll eat the whole thing...and then feel guilty about it.
I'm diabetic, so of course ice cream is not allowed. I craved it for awhile, but don't any more.

My sleep problems are not something that can be solved with meditation, relaxation, exercise, warm milk, or anything else. I've got some issues with my neurotransmitters, so I have to take drugs to sleep or else I will be up for days on end.

Frank Merton

Oh dear how awful.

I was just joking about meditation -- you aren't supposed to fall asleep during meditation. It would be a bit like falling asleep while praying -- kinda rude to the Lord.

I wish I could help but of course any advice I might offer you have no doubt heard a million times before.

I don't remember exactly how long it was, but I know at one point a year or so ago, I had gone nearly 4 days without sleep and I was beginning to have visual and auditory hallucinations. I ended up in the ER for that one.

There is a very good reason that sleep deprivation is used as a means of torture.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
When I can't sleep I meditate, and soon I am back asleep.
I've tried that, but it's a very fragile and easily interrupted sleep because although my body goes into rest, my mind is still running at high speeds in the background, and the faintest sound will instantly have my mind honing in on it.

The Mormonator

Kolob University
I'm from the south so I like chicken fried steak, bisquits and gravy and Whataburger.

I usually have to run an extra few miles when I eat those, but mmmmmm, they sure are yummy.