• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comfort foods

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Food that has the emotional bonus of giving you a feeling of well-being. {Something like your favorite food from childhood that your mother would prepare for you to make you feel better.}

Hmm... I don't have such food. Sorry for causing you trouble :D

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
A food that, simply put, makes you feel gooooood. Or gives you warm fuzzies.

I'm a crazy eater so I guess all my favorite foods are comfort food :D

I love crustaceans like crab and shrimp. We have a local fried chicken vendor that I can eat from everyday that I believe no international fried chicken dish can ever compete against. Not to mention the obvious shawurma :D

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
* Frosted Flakes

$15 Dollars Frosted Flakes in Canada:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-13/canadians-panic-food-prices-soar-collapsing-currency

* Honey Graham Crackers and milk (broken graham crackers in a bowl with half cup of milk poured over) ...

Ingredients
UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), GRAHAM FLOUR (WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT FLOUR), SUGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, HONEY, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.CONTAINS WHEAT, SOY.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I'm partial to heavy comfort foods, like homemade beef stew, tuscan minestrone soup, or a steak (medium rare) and potatoes.

RebornHindu

Om Namah Shivaya
I would have to say my comfort food would have to be curry. I looooooooove curry. My diet mainly consists of Indian foods, so I make my curry at home. It is so delicious...I think I will make some this weekend actually. Haha...oh and some gulab jamin with reese cups for dessert....love reese cups....

Deidre

This special soup I buy at a Japanese restaurant. Soothing, and comforting. It's just a thin chicken broth with scallions, but I love it. How can something so simple be soooo mmmm?

GoodbyeDave

All my meals are comforting, or I'd do something different! But in case of emergency, I'd go for fresh figs, oxtail soup, bread pudding, or chocolate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This special soup I buy at a Japanese restaurant. Soothing, and comforting. It's just a thin chicken broth with scallions, but I love it. How can something so simple be soooo mmmm?
Reading that has me wanting to go to this sushi restaurant just for their miso soup. I'm not much of a soup eater, but they have excellent miso soup. And they have delicious shrimp. And tasty sushi.
I may end up having to torture my gag reflexes and make a trip there for lunch one of these days, preferably sooner rather than later.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I find scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, and orange juice to be a delightfully comforting meal. It's simple, easy, but delicious, tasty, filling, and a good way to start the day. Or end it.