• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communicating with God?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,

Its very simple.
We are all parts of what is labelled *god* so we are in communication without even speaking or using words or sign language at all times.
BUT, still the doubt arises because of the MIND which is the barrier or the *satan* and to to be in communication / oneness all that is require is to drop the MIND and be in NO-MIND!

Love & rgds

horiturk

Assyrian Devil
i believe we can get in touch with godliness but not with God itself,if God decided to speak to us it would be on cable :)

ellenjanuary

Depends on how you're wired. To be a prophet, schizophrenia seems required as the ability to process simultaneity brings one closer to god. But, Man! You don't want none o this!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ellen,

schizophrenia seems required as the ability to process simultaneity brings one closer to god. But, Man! You don't want none o this!

Are you sure a still mind is schizophrenic???
Still mind does not process any thing. It remains still and activity happens on its own accord.

Love & rgds

Hawkins

One of the many ways how God "talk" to His prophets,

Acts 14:3
So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

This is one of His typical ways for unambigous communication, that is, the using of miracles. After signifying a message, followed is a miracle/sign/wonder closely related to the message being performed (automatically or under the request of the messenger).

Another example,

God asked Moses to lead his fellow Jews to crose the Red Sea. Moses was confused as it seemed that there was no way they could go across the sea. Moses thus requested for a confirmation of His command/message. Moses then was asked to point his staff to the sea. Then the miracle performed to confirm His own message is the separation of the Red Sea.

As a result...

I have to believe in Christianity because (one of reasons and events) somehow I was allowed to get to know this communication stuff....actually before I got to know what Christianity is (another example of a persuasive way of doing things in a futuric manner).

a quote of my own post on page 1 of this same thread,
However, God can communicate more unambigiously and more specific in a way that, somehow, future is involved. That's why whenever you hear the stories of the prophets, you hear prophecies. Prophecies have all to do with communicating with God. On the other hand He can only be reached when He wishes to communicate with you.

Last edited:
Life in general is communication with God. Of all those that we communicate with, God is the most non-localized and being omnipotent and omniscient, there is nothing we do that is not a communication to Him and everything that happens can be a communication from Him. The question is only whether you choose to be mindful of Him, and thus seek to understand what He is communicating to you and whether you want your actions to communicate to Him.

This is a communication that goes beyond words, particularly the word "God" more than anything else, which has become so weighted and distorted with so much historical baggage that sometimes the only life affirming action that a person can make is to throw it in the bin. But I think that the real and living God is all about the promotion of life, and so I really doubt that He would object to dispensing with "God" when it becomes an obstacle to that which He truly values and thus it may be that the atheist communicates with God without that word better than most of the religious manage to communicate with God using it.

I particularly see evidence of this in the conflict over the issue of morality, where so many religious cannot see that morality is possible without God while the atheists know that doing good things are worth doing for their own sake, and in this I think the atheists are more correct.

Last edited:

LivingVisionExperiment

LivingVisionExperiment
I often come back to Peter Jennings' interview with Mother Teresa of Calcutta. His interview culminated with the question, "When you pray what do you say?" She looked at him with a most puzzled expression and replied, "Say?....I don't say anything; I listen." For far too long in my spiritual pilgrimage I have been guilty of heaping up phrases to God, listing my requests, petitions, thanksgivings, confessions and then just checking out - the ultimate one sided conversation. These days I focus on quieting myself, silencing the many voices in my head and heart, and listening for the still small voice. If I feel I must say anything, it is simply two words: "Thank you!"

waitasec

Veteran Member
I often come back to Peter Jennings' interview with Mother Teresa of Calcutta. His interview culminated with the question, "When you pray what do you say?" She looked at him with a most puzzled expression and replied, "Say?....I don't say anything; I listen." For far too long in my spiritual pilgrimage I have been guilty of heaping up phrases to God, listing my requests, petitions, thanksgivings, confessions and then just checking out - the ultimate one sided conversation. These days I focus on quieting myself, silencing the many voices in my head and heart, and listening for the still small voice. If I feel I must say anything, it is simply two words: "Thank you!"

i just find it odd.
when comparing our intellectual capacity for reasoning to how a bird reasons.
how much higher a supposed creator's reasoning would be to ours. how then could we even think we could communicate on gods level, unless of course we are so arrogant into thinking god is actually concerned about us, sort of how we would be concerned about an ant?
odd, very odd indeed.

Hawkins

i just find it odd.
when comparing our intellectual capacity for reasoning to how a bird reasons.
how much higher a supposed creator's reasoning would be to ours. how then could we even think we could communicate on gods level, unless of course we are so arrogant into thinking god is actually concerned about us, sort of how we would be concerned about an ant?
odd, very odd indeed.

Apparantly it isn't us who arrogantly think what God will do. We are simply told so.

Isaiah 1:18 (King James Version)

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Perhaps you should complain that Isaiah or the Jews were arrogant, but that remains your own opinion. And we trust the document called Bible much more than your personal opinions. Sorry.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Apparantly it isn't us who arrogantly think what God will do. We are simply told so.

Isaiah 1:18 (King James Version)

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Perhaps you should complain that Isaiah or the Jews were arrogant, but that remains your own opinion. And we trust the document called Bible much more than your personal opinions. Sorry.

so i guess my opinion applies, your response was very telling, indeed.

what i said wasn't supposed to single anyone out, you did that yourself. you cannot deny the human tendency is to think of it self as more important then anything else on this planet. and since i am a human i can say that...right?