• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Compulsion or not? What say you, Muslims?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it's the same meeting which Allah told his Prophet Mohammed about when the Jews were asking Mohammed to test him, what happened to "bani Israel" in the past, Moses, David, etc, then God was reveleaing to him at once in front of them.

Is their number (those who went at that meeting) mentioned in the The Bible?

It's mentioned in the Quran.

[155] And Musa chose seventy of his people for Our place of meeting: when they were seized with violent quaking, he prayed: "O my Lord! if it had been Thy Will Thou couldst have destroyed, long before, both them and me: wouldst Thou destroy us for the deeds of the foolish ones among us? This is no more than Thy trial: by it Thou causest whom Thou wilt to stray, and Thou leadest whom Thou wilt into the right path. Thou art our Protector: so forgive us and give us Thy mercy; for Thou art the Best of those who forgive.

[156] "And ordain for us that which is good, in this life and in the Hereafter: for we have turned unto Thee." He said: "With My Punishment I visit whom I will; but My Mercy extendeth to all things. That (Mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right, and practise regular charity, and those who believe in Our Signs. (Quran 7:155)

One time they asked him what a specific plasce in Jerusalem looks like (they know he hasn't been there before) then he descibed it in front of them as he is seeing it at that moment with his eyes. they asked Prophet Mohammed and tested him alot. Finally, Some of them knew the truth and believed in him and others refused, because they were arrogance and jealous that the new Prophet wasn't a Jew.

[109] Quite a number of the People of the Book wish they could turn you (people) back to infidelity after ye have believed. From selfish envy, after the Truth hath become manifest unto them: but forgive and overlook, till Allah accomplisheth His purpose: for Allah hath power over all things. (Quran 2:109)

Anyway, i still don't see the point. Just because one nation at only one occasion got the chance to hear, so that doesn't mean it's a must for every Prophet to make his people hear. Don't you think so?

If we hear the voice of G-d our lord any more, we will die!''' (Deuteronomy 5: 19-22)

Hearing and disobeying will cause them to be punished by God right away as you know. It always have been this way, when people ask for a miracle and then remain in falsehood so God will punish them directly. That's why the sons of Israel didn't want to do it again.