• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corporal punishment in schools should be abolished

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I've found this entire thread to be confusing. I can't quite tell who's being sarcastic and when. Maybe no one is being sarcastic? Could that be?

Are people actually arguing that fear, pain, shame, and public humiliation are society's best ideas for helping children become healthy, happy, contributing adults?

:no: :no: :no:

absolutely not. That's why I underline that corporal punishment on children can cause psychological damages in their delicate process of growth.
Only by treating children with love, empathy, motherhood, you can get positive results in their behavior\skills.

what if the child is undisciplined and frisky? patience. A teacher must be patient. If they are not patient, they shouldn't have become teachers

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I find this sort of thing intolerable unless it is me being punished.

"Paddle me all you want Ms. Spankington, cuz I ain't never gonna stop cheatin' on my tests"

Paddling adults is normal and cool, should be done in college more often but with little children it is just sick

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
Forget about corporal punishment even shouting badly at students by the teacher is terribly wrong. In high school I had a crazy physics teacher (one of those who pretends that he is einstein ) who yelled to me in front of everyone just because I was asking something to the guy next to me in a video class ,this was 25 yrs ago ! but still I cannot forget.

And I will never forgive him.

Here comes the good news, he became paralysis in a traffic accident.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I recall Stephen Hawking describing how uncool it was to work hard in his group
at school. So he coasted until ALS altered his perspective on life. Then he
turned things around. I notice athletes often being pressured to avoid looking
like bookish nerds. I also recall in grade school how some black kids were dissed
for the same cuz it was "acting white". People is a mess.

The culture at the school I went to didn't reward high academic achievement. Majority of kids weren't aiming to go to college. And from a teaching point of view, the bar naturally dropped. Rather than pushing me as far as I could go, I was seen as doing well just because it was better than many others there.

I wasn't mature enough at that age to simply ignore everything and forge my own path.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The culture at the school I went to didn't reward high academic achievement. Majority of kids weren't aiming to go to college. And from a teaching point of view, the bar naturally dropped. Rather than pushing me as far as I could go, I was seen as doing well just because it was better than many others there.

I wasn't mature enough at that age to simply ignore everything and forge my own path.
It's too bad that you never did recover from such substandard schooling.
You could've been edumacatered like me!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Exactly. It was so traumatic I ended up being a teacher...
You have my condolences for enduring such a low fate.
At least you didn't end up an engineer.

But here.....
th