• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

could god be a Hermaphrodite?

kloth

or should god be a Hermaphrodite. you know, to keep it fair.

god, higher being, whatever you wanna use as a title.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

I agree with Treks, why would Deity need sexual organs.

However, if we are talking about the Hebrew God - we are told that male and female are in God's image, and there are old manuscripts saying that Adam and Eve were both in one body and were split to form a separate man and woman, so they could procreate.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you

It could be a hermaphrodite, yes. It should be whatever it feels like being for whatever situation it feels like being whatever it feels like being. That should include male, female, both and neither and then a host of other genders we probably wouldn't understand.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
as Treks said. Why would god require reproductive organs? Yet alone sex. What could it produce with sex that it has no done with creation?

You mean to tell me the universe came from seminal fluids? I hope not

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if God were both male and female. If us men and women were indeed made in His image, then it might follow that our genders are reflections of His masculine and feminine aspects (I say "He" just to make it easier, plus I'm more in tune with His masculine side).

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Without a whole mess of self-aggrandizing rationalizations, I can't say that God requires ME. And yet, here I am. If God wants a penis, God has a penis. Whether it is required to have on or not is beyond the question. That's the long and the short of it. Pun most certainly intended. ;)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

If God is omnipotent, then yes:

Can God meet the criteria for being male? Yes - God can do anything.

Can God meet the criteria for being female? Yes - God can do anything.

Crazyflight

Antitheist-Open to Ideas!
It obviously depends on our beliefs here. If we are assuming that we're all monotheistic; sure? But in other polytheistic religions, there are gods and goddesses with set genders.

However, assuming that we're talking about the Christian god, like what Penguin said, sure. Most people say "He," but... Whatever. It's not like it matters.

Sculelos

Eve was Adam before they were split apart so it would mean God is gender-less. Jesus however is and always will be Masculine.

Sculelos

And isn't the Holy Spirit feminine?

I believe the Holy Spirit is Neutral and Positive and Feminine at the same time, so that's to say it's both Masculine and Feminine, it's actually the binding of both working together and the holy spirit is everything in the Universe and there is nothing outside of our universe except for God himself who is spirit and has no body.

What is Feminine is Time itself.

God the Father
Time the Mother
Jesus The Son
The Holy Spirit is all parts working together for the glory of God. Indeed God's creation is not finished yet.

kloth

I agree with Treks, why would Deity need sexual organs.

However, if we are talking about the Hebrew God - we are told that male and female are in God's image, and there are old manuscripts saying that Adam and Eve were both in one body and were split to form a separate man and woman, so they could procreate.

i didn't mention about genitalia, but since you brought it up, can a person still be a male or female without genitalia? :slap:

kloth

as Treks said. Why would god require reproductive organs? Yet alone sex. What could it produce with sex that it has no done with creation?

You mean to tell me the universe came from seminal fluids? I hope not

anyone can still be what they are without having sex. some men and women don't have sex...not sure if hermaphrodites do as i am not sure they really exist.

kloth

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if God were both male and female. If us men and women were indeed made in His image, then it might follow that our genders are reflections of His masculine and feminine aspects (I say "He" just to make it easier, plus I'm more in tune with His masculine side).

there would be no accusations of being sexist. then again are bibles leaning towards sexism?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
If you mean the christian god then no as he is not human and being a hermaphrodite is something experienced by humans. He is meant to be a spiritual being and can have energy of both male and female which is not the same thing.