• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Jesus Have Been Simply a Fraud?

AmbiguousGuy

The idea that you, a non-expert, find this process distasteful, is hardly a sound reason to reject professional history is it?

Steeltoes can have his easy way with you regarding the process you describe.

Sorry.

If you would just relax a bit, you'll discover that various posters in this current thread are quite knowledgeable about the HJ question.

gree0232

In my opinion, anyone who claims to know the truth about the historical Jesus is an unwise man.

Says the self serving conspiracy theorist who has NO PROBLEM denying Ph.D level expertise based on his ... inexpert opinion and seran ability to dodge basic and civil discussion.

Why the very pillars of Christianity shake before the intellectual onslaught of your seran intellect ... which is fortunately totally absent ... so we're good!

Hot girl alert! Bathroom to hide in to the left!

gree0232

You might be right. I don't know. But until someone can offer a credible replacement theory for what we know about Jesus, I'll have to stick with my current view.

And you never will be avoiding examining the evidence and allowing IT rather than your religious biases to form your opinion.

And again, if you doubt Ph.D level experts, its entirely on YOU to figure out why. Not others.

gree0232

Steeltoes can have his easy way with you regarding the process you describe.

Sorry.

If you would just relax a bit, you'll discover that various posters in this current thread are quite knowledgeable about the HJ question.

Thank you for the self serving opinion of conspiracy.

I am sure someone not you can engage the issue for themselves without you needing to bully you way into his opinion lest he concede a valid point an undermine the challenge to your conspiracy theory.

a challenge I will remind you that you invited.

Why so scared? Why unable to to even allow others of your kind to speak for themselves?

AmbiguousGuy

Says the self serving conspiracy theorist who has NO PROBLEM denying Ph.D level expertise based on his ... inexpert opinion and seran ability to dodge basic and civil discussion.

Why the very pillars of Christianity shake before the intellectual onslaught of your seran intellect ... which is fortunately totally absent ... so we're good!

Since you use the adjective 'seran' twice, I assume it's not a typo. Looking online, I find the only usage (which doesn't make sense as you've used it) is by young people, mostly teenagers.

Words are the windows to our souls... and to our probable ages.

gree0232

Ah. That explains a lot.

ROFL!!!!!

Are you claiming to be gay? Not that its relevant, but that might be the worst retort to a joke I have ever seen! :clap:

And you were ALL about the jokes just an hour ago?

Jesus is a myth because I make poor rejoicers to jokes! Yes, yes ... it all fits now!

gree0232

Since you use the adjective 'seran' twice, I assume it's not a typo. Looking online, I find the only usage (which doesn't make sense as you've used it) is by young people, mostly teenagers.

Words are the windows to our souls... and to our probable ages.

It a term that I picked up by studying history. You'd know if you had actually studied history.

I am glad our dialogue has finally caused you to investigate something to seek truth ... if only one word. There remains a mountain of evidence for Jesus ... which should form the basis of your opinion ... rather than these religious biases of yours.

Keep at it.

You'll eventually have an opinion based on facts as well!

gree0232

Are you sure you haven't misspelled or misused it?

Can you give me a reference to find other usages of it?

You keep asking me to do things for you. Why?

Perhaps is, in direct response to your challenge, I had not been dismissed as a bigot I'd be more inclined to help you.

But, I'll give you a reference: Gettysburg.

I'd really rather you lay out this atheist version of Les Miserables instead though.

outhouse

Atheistically
For scholarships A debate = an exchange of information to substantiate ones opinion.

Mythicst debate = something you steer to avoid having to provide any information what so ever. If all else fails attack the messenger, but at all cost do not engage in anything useful.

steeltoes

For scholarships A debate = an exchange of information to substantiate ones opinion.

Mythicst debate = something you steer to avoid having to provide any information what so ever. If all else fails attack the messenger, but at all cost do not engage in anything useful.

Nothing has changed in 2000 years. Naysayers then, naysayers now.

2John1:7- I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

;)

AmbiguousGuy

Your way is holy, but the way of your enemy is evil.

We all understand that.