• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
...and then going about making the cave their place of residence, decorating it and embellishing it with anything and everything to reinforce the correctness of cave dwelling, things such as Reason, Logic, and Analysis, the handmaidens of Science and Technology.
And things such as "I'm right and you're wrong." Yes.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's in your body? Where is it located?
Well, if the soul/spirit/self doesn't exist or is part of some fractured hive mind, let's all just kill ourselves. It won't matter since "we" don't exist in the first place, right? So why give a **** about anything. Who cares.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Well, if the soul/spirit/self doesn't exist or is part of some fractured hive mind, let's all just kill ourselves. It won't matter since "we" don't exist in the first place, right? So why give a **** about anything. Who cares.

OMG! You certainly are a Black/White thinker, eh?

So you don't really know if there is this thing called "I" inside your body?

Why does it have to be a 'fractured hive mind'?

We may not exist as a separate entity as imagined, but we can Be, can't we?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
OMG! You certainly are a Black/White thinker, eh?

So you don't really know if there is this thing called "I" inside your body?

Why does it have to be a 'fractured hive mind'?

We may not exist as a separate entity as imagined, but we can Be, can't we?
I think we're better off ignoring each other.

godnotgod

Thou art That
I think we're better off ignoring each other.

OK, so you don't want to have a discussion. Just consider one thing though: you and I may simply be a manifestation of a greater entity, playing at 'I', and 'me', just as the ocean plays itself as a series of waves. There is no death when the wave returns to the great ocean from which it originally emerged. It is simply form returning to the formless. Water continues on as water. Consciousness continues on as consciousness. What is the problem?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
OK, so you don't want to have a discussion. Just consider one thing though: you and I may simply be a manifestation of a greater entity, playing at 'I', and 'me', just as the ocean plays itself as a series of waves. There is no death when the wave returns to the great ocean from which it originally emerged. It is simply form returning to the formless. Water continues on as water. Consciousness continues on as consciousness. What is the problem?
No, it's you that doesn't want to have a discussion and I'm ****ing sick of it. You're not interested in hearing the views of others. You're just proselytizing, which is against the forum rules, by the way. That's all you ever do in these threads. We don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with us. So stop acting like we're all wrong for merely having a different opinion and stop treating your opinion like it's a definite fact and that we're all deluded or something. It's just nothing but arrogance. You don't know more than anyone else when it comes to this subject.

Quite frankly, I don't want to be part of some greater entity that includes you or anyone with the same rude mindset. No, thanks! :rolleyes:

godnotgod

Thou art That
No, it's you that doesn't want to have a discussion and I'm ****ing sick of it. You're not interested in hearing the views of others. You're just proselytizing, which is against the forum rules, by the way. That's all you ever do in these threads. We don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with us. So stop acting like we're all wrong for merely having a different opinion and stop treating your opinion like it's a definite fact and that we're all deluded or something. It's just nothing but arrogance. You don't know more than anyone else when it comes to this subject.

Quite frankly, I don't want to be part of some greater entity that includes you or anyone with the same rude mindset. No, thanks! :rolleyes:

You're already part of a greater entity, and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Making an inquiry about who 'I' is, is not proselytizing. I am not trying to convert you to any doctrine. If you can see the true nature of 'I', it will open up your mind, that's all.

If I were not interested in hearing your view, I would not have asked you any questions. Asking questions and responding is a way to have a discussion. I think you just can't stand the idea that you may in fact be deluded about this thing called 'I' you cling to so tenaciously.

I provided a metaphor as wave vis a vis ocean for you to consider, that's all. No need to get apoplectic about it. Just a thought, you know, but if you are not willing, I'm fine with that. I am not trying to convert you from wave existence to ocean existence; you're already in the ocean. Take a closer look.

I don't mind hearing the views of others, but when they appear as being ridiculous or illogical, I will make a point of it. That's what people do on forums. Can't take heat, get out of kitchen.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
You're already part of a greater entity, and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Making an inquiry about who 'I' is, is not proselytizing. I am not trying to convert you to any doctrine. If you can see the true nature of 'I', it will open up your mind, that's all.

If I were not interested in hearing your view, I would not have asked you any questions. Asking questions and responding is a way to have a discussion. I think you just can't stand the idea that you may in fact be deluded about this thing called 'I' you cling to so tenaciously.
You're going on ignore. Take your pompous, arrogant, ignorant attitude somewhere else. You're a good example of why I'm a misanthrope. But don't take it too personally - most humans are wastes of space and it would most likely be better if humanity went extinct.

godnotgod

Thou art That
You're going on ignore. Take your pompous, arrogant, ignorant attitude somewhere else. You're a good example of why I'm a misanthrope. But don't take it too personally - most humans are wastes of space and it would most likely be better if humanity went extinct.

And what makes you think you are so special that you are not a waste of space? Talk about arrogance! Perhaps t'would be best if you were to become extinct, and humanity were to continue evolving beyond the petty self called 'I'.

Not to worry, there is no 'I' that can take what you have to say personally. I am just disappointed in you that you can't seem to get past the personal stuff and really have a discussion. But this is an issue with a lot of people: they get real touchy when it comes to giving up their ego, and cling to it as if for dear life, when, in reality, it is a deadweight that will only drag them to the bottom, as you have here so clearly demonstrated.

BTW, your signature image only shows the fear inside in need of protection, 'all coiled up and hissing'

"My will be done"? So who did you say was proselytizing? :p

Or is that more of a dictate? 'Achtung! For der Fadderland!' Sh*t!

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
Meaningless ivory tower twaddle. I'll stick with what I know as self-evident.

So what's wrong with Kierkegaard's logic?

Nothing, but you can't admit that because your 'I' won't let you. It is personally invested, and doesn't want to die. Aw! Poor 'I'.

The existence of "i" is NOT self-evident!

What is self-evident is that 'I' is assumed to already exist, as Kierkegaard so insightfully pointed out.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
And I believe that we'll conceive to make in hell for us a heaven. A brave new world. A promised land. A fortitude of hearts and minds. Until I see this kingdom's mine, I'll turn the darkness into light. I'll guide the blind. My will be done, until the day I see our kingdom has been won.

Yeah, sure. Another utopia a la 1984, with "the eternal boot stomping the eternal screaming face". Your so-called 'kingdom' requires that the righteous pit themselves against the unrighteous, whom you must demonize and murder in order to continue being 'the righteous'. Been there, done that. NEXT!:p

Don't you realize that by conceptualizing The Good, you have automatically created a concept of Evil? Having done so, you must now fight Evil, which only makes Evil stronger?. If your spirituality has taught you anything, it would have taught you this basic principle. Without this understanding, you can only go on, creating more suffering in the world, and then turn around and coyly declare that such a world should become extinct. Get out!

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
th

godnotgod

Thou art That
No, it's you that doesn't want to have a discussion...

On the contrary, it is you, as you are the one who initialized the abortion of the discussion by your very statement:

"I think we're better off ignoring each other."

to which I agreed with a parting statement. You then launched into your diatribe.

Last edited: