• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I really don’t care if you allegedly have no contact with other people.
One isolated incident here and there does not speak to the big picture.

If you cannot see the statistics for what they are telling us, then I surely cannot help you.

Here is a statistic: There are around 50,000,000 people in 3 states, Texas, Florida, and Mississippi. There are ONLY around 900 ICU beds in those states remaining. They all have republican governors, adamantly sticking to there ridiculous ideas.
MORE than 25% of all the ICU beds, WAY more than 25% in some cases, are being used by unvaccinated Covid cases.

What happens if there is a serious multi car accident in Jackson, Mississippi?
There are ZERO beds there. ZERO. Also, people who need cancer surgeries and heart bypass procedures must now be told to wait. WHY. Because the UNVACCINATED are taking up so many beds. The vaccinated people are NOT the ones putting so many others at risk of NOT BEING CARED FOR. ITS SELFISH.

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
I was not talking about the statistics. I was only talking about my personal situation.

I asked: How is it selfish if I have no contact with other people except my husband, who also has no contact with other people?

Now I ask: How am I going to be part of the statistics if I never contract Covid since I have no contact with anyone? It is the unvaccinated who are out and about socializing and doing whatever they want to do unmasked who are selfish and putting so many others at risk. Why am I to blame for what other people are doing wrong? That is unjust.

Wandering Monk

If you cannot see the statistics for what they are telling us, then I surely cannot help you.

Here is a statistic: There are around 50,000,000 people in 3 states, Texas, Florida, and Mississippi. There are ONLY around 900 ICU beds in those states remaining. They all have republican governors, adamantly sticking to there ridiculous ideas.
MORE than 25% of all the ICU beds, WAY more than 25% in some cases, are being used by unvaccinated Covid cases.

There are ZERO beds there. ZERO. Also, people who need cancer surgeries and heart bypass procedures must now be told to wait. WHY. Because the UNVACCINATED are taking up so many beds. The vaccinated people are NOT the ones putting so many others at risk of NOT BEING CARED FOR. ITS SELFISH.

I can hear the deniers: Why worry. 99.8% recover. They need to do the math. Only about 40% on average in those states have been fully vaccinated. That means 30 million have not. If everyone there gets Covid, that means 60,000 dead in those three states.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

So push the unvaccinated off the beds so they make more room for those with COVID.

The unvaxed with a heart attack and the other unvax on the verge of a stroke don't mind.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I can hear the deniers: Why worry. 99.8% recover. They need to do the math. Only about 40% on average in those states have been fully vaccinated. That means 30 million have not. If everyone there gets Covid, that means 60,000 dead in those three states.

The operative word IF. We can't make fact statements. We don't know.

Jeremiah Ames

I see you are a thinker.

Jeremiah Ames

I was not talking about the statistics. I was only talking about my personal situation.

I asked: How is it selfish if I have no contact with other people except my husband, who also has no contact with other people?

Now I ask: How am I going to be part of the statistics if I never contract Covid since I have no contact with anyone? It is the unvaccinated who are out and about socializing and doing whatever they want to do unmasked who are selfish and putting so many others at risk. Why am I to blame for what other people are doing wrong? That is unjust.

Yes, I understand, it’s all about you.

You are right.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, I understand, it’s all about you.

You are right.
How rude and cruel after I explained my situation. You have no idea what my life is like and you don't give a ****.
That is what I call selfish. It is all about you and your beliefs about vaccinations. People don't matter.

Do you even wonder why I started the thread "Do you like your lifestyle?"
No you don't know why because your lifestyle is so great.

Just because I don't complain doesn't mean I don't hurt. I have nobody except a few kind people on this forum
What about the word NOBODY do you not understand? I don't really have a husband just because he occupies the same house. He is sleeping when I am awake and awake when I am sleeping and I cannot talk to him at all.

This is how decent people, kind and compassionate people, respond when I say I don't want the vaccine.
This is from the HR department where I work.

Hi Susan,

We are waiting for the statewide guidance on the exemption/accommodation requests so that we are following what all state agencies will be doing.

I am anticipating we will have a form next week as the Roadmap update comes out next week.

We understand this a difficult and personal choice.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
How rude and cruel after I explained my situation. You have no idea what my life is like and you don't give a ****.
That is what I call selfish. It is all about you and your beliefs about vaccinations. People don't matter.

Do you even wonder why I started the thread "Do you like your lifestyle?"
No you don't know why because your lifestyle is so great.

Just because I don't complain doesn't mean I don't hurt. I have nobody except a few kind people on this forum
What about the word NOBODY do you not understand? I don't really have a husband just because he occupies the same house. He is sleeping when I am awake and awake when I am sleeping and I cannot talk to him at all.

This is how decent people, kind and compassionate people, respond when I say I don't want the vaccine.
This is from the HR department where I work.

Hi Susan,

We are waiting for the statewide guidance on the exemption/accommodation requests so that we are following what all state agencies will be doing.

I am anticipating we will have a form next week as the Roadmap update comes out next week.

We understand this a difficult and personal choice.

Here's how I see it....

If someone is driving down the 4 lane interstate alone and wearing a mask while in their car, they are over reacting.

If someone is going to crowds of hundreds or even thousands and not taking precautions, they are under reacting.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Here's how I see it....

If someone is driving down the 4 lane interstate alone and wearing a mask while in their car, they are over reacting.

If someone is going to crowds of hundreds or even thousands and not taking precautions, they are under reacting.

That or people can just stay in their lane, traffic or not, and pay attention to the road and not in each other's cars, we can move along smoothly following rules without rubbernecking.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don't know about you but when I pass someone on the interstate I pay attention to them and their car until I am passed them. I have found that to be safer than just looking straight ahead all the time.

That's different than rubbernecking or seeing if someone was actually picking their nose in their car.

People are so concerned about what they "think" unvaccinated people think, do, and say when in reality they just don't know..

exchemist

Veteran Member
Where does it say that testing positive for CoVid19 is only halved by vaccination ?

@Polymath257 can you please correct the calculations because I don't know where I went wrong

This comes from the Imperial College React study: Covid: Double-vaccinated half as likely to be infected, according to study | ITV News

N.B. "Infected" here means testing +ve, not necessarily showing symptoms.

Other data I have read about seem to suggest that the vaccines are more effective than this in preventing symptomatic illness. And several studies seem to confirm a figure of 90% for effectiveness at preventing severe illness (i.e. requiring hospital care).

All this is data for the UK, since the highly infectious Delta variant became dominant.

Regarding herd immunity, if the vaccines only cut the probability of being infected to half, that would mean that even if 100% of the population were vaccinated, including all children, any variant with a natural reproduction number, R0, >2 could not be eliminated from the population. The Delta variant seems to have an R0 ~7. So we can probably forget herd immunity.

(Though in fairness I should qualify that a bit by saying that I have not seen data showing how infectious, on average, infected vaccinated people are, compared to infected unvaccinated people. It is conceivable that they may be somewhat less infectious, which would help, no doubt.)

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Vaccinated may start to get booster shots to upft vaccine efficiency.
As breakthrough cases are on the rise, the CDC and FDA say booster shots are not needed yet. However, that guidance may change as Pfizer’s vaccine data suggests a third dose might be needed to boost protection against the delta variant.