• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists, please provide evidence

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
We played horrible against Houston, but they are still one heck of a team. I think our defense finally woke up.

I really think that the Colts came in thinking that they were going to walk away with it. Houston surprised them. I doubt it'll happen that way twice.

If Houston can play the way they did when they beat the Colts and the Redskins, and if the Colts come prepared, it should be one heck of a game.

Danmac

I really think that the Colts came in thinking that they were going to walk away with it. Houston surprised them. I doubt it'll happen that way twice.

If Houston can play the way they did when they beat the Colts and the Redskins, and if the Colts come prepared, it should be one heck of a game.

I don't think they underestimated them. I think they needed a good beating to wake them up. That it did. The next time we play them it will be worth the price of admission. They are truly contenders at this point.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
I don't think they underestimated them. I think they needed a good beating to wake them up. That it did.

You could very well be right. If nothing else, it shook them up. The Colts know now they're not invincible. When they play Houston again, they'll be coming for revenge.

(In case you can't tell, I'm a bit of a Colts fan too :D )

The next time we play them it will be worth the price of admission. They are truly contenders at this point.

Agreed.

Danmac

You could very well be right. If nothing else, it shook them up. The Colts know now they're not invincible. When they play Houston again, they'll be coming for revenge.
Hell hath no fury like a pony scorned.:)

(In case you can't tell, I'm a bit of a Colts fan too :D )
I take back every bad thing I ever said about ya.

lets get ready to rrruuuummmbble

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
evidence for creation is found in the research into evolution which reveals that the bibles explanation is in harmony with the facts. Its as simple as that.
Could you be a little more vague?
Science has shown us the complexity of the cell and the improbability of it forming by chance (even though they still teach that it did)
No, they don't. You still have no idea what they teach.
All their research indicates that life comes only from pre-existing life, spontaneous generation is not possible.
Please please please stick to the subject, it's really irritating saying the same thing over and over. Can we please move on? This thread is NOT NOT NOT about abiogenesis. Please start a thread if you wish to discuss this subject.
The Cambrian explosion shows animals fully formed arriving in a short time...its in harmony with genesis account of God creating the various 'kinds'
You have no clue what the Cambrian explosion is. It has no resemblance to the Genesis account. It's about tiny slugs and shelled creatures, all living in the ocean, first showing up in the fossil record over a period of millions of years, millions of years ago. Does that sound to you anything like God poofing two giraffes into existence?

So why do creationists mention it, ignorance, dishonesty, or both?
The way reproduction works shows that crossbreeding is not possible between different types of creatures, only amongst their own type is breeding possible which is also in harmony with the genesis account, they reproduce "according to their kinds"
Your argument is that the fact that two different species cannot reproduce together is evidence of your magic poofing hypothesis?

Do you disagree with me that idea can neither be supported nor refuted by evidence? If so, why?

The writer of genesis was not a scientist or a biologist just as modern day believers are not. He was an ancient man who wrote truth under inspiration from God. That truth is confirmed by modern research and for those who do believe in creation, its a strong testimony to the authorship of the bible.

Can you cite any such research?

Let's start with the initial magic poof. What sort of research would support that?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
evidence for creation is found in the research into evolution which reveals that the bibles explanation is in harmony with the facts. Its as simple as that.

So the 99.9% of biologists who think the research support the Theory of Evolution are what--deluded? Idiots? Evil? Your view is that you know better than the consensus of mainstream Biology? Just how much Biology have you studied, to be in a position to refute one of the most important and accepted theories in the history of science?

Or is it science itself you reject?

Danmac

This thread is NOT NOT NOT about abiogenesis. Please start a thread if you wish to discuss this subject.
abiogenesis = God.... Neither can be tested right?

You have no clue what the Cambrian explosion is. It has no resemblance to the Genesis account. It's about tiny slugs and shelled creatures, all living in the ocean, first showing up in the fossil record over a period of millions of years, millions of years ago. Does that sound to you anything like God poofing two giraffes into existence?
Poofing would have to do with abiogenesis. I thought that wasn't a part of evolution. If you want to talk about poofing (abiogenesis} start a thread.

So why do creationists mention it, ignorance, dishonesty, or both?
Your argument is that the fact that two different species cannot reproduce together is evidence of your magic poofing hypothesis?
Start a thread

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
abiogenesis = God.... Neither can be tested right?

Poofing would have to do with abiogenesis. I thought that wasn't a part of evolution. If you want to talk about poofing (abiogenesis} start a thread.

Start a thread

This is a thread about the magic poofing hypothesis a.k.a. creationism ;)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I dont know what you class as a mutation, but I dont believe if my child is born with different hair color to me, its a mutation.

Variety, variety and more variety is a result of the way genes work.

A mutation has a very specific definition. What it means is, instead of a line of DNA saying, for example, CCTGAG, when it gets copied, the copy accidentally says CCTGCG. This then effects what that part of the DNA directs the developing organism to do. Another example would be that when the CCTGAG is copied, the GA accidentally gets dropped, and now it reads CCTG, which again will affect the developing organism. It's analogous to copying an entire book by hand; you're going to make some errors; it's inevitable. Every mutation is a copying error.

Again, by analogy, think of the word:

TAKE.
If you copy it to read BAKE, you're going to do something different when you follow those instructions.
If you copy it to read TAK, you probably do nothing, and it doesn't matter.
If you copy it to real TAME, you do something different again.

That's more or less how mutations work.

That's how genes actually work. We can actually look at them and see the mutations. You genes have a couple hundred mutations in them.

You can learn more about mutations here.

RedOne77

I stand corrected. However, I am a creationist and I do not believe in magic poofing.

Do you believe that God created everything by "speaking", IOW incantations? If I understand Judeo-Christian doctrine correctly, God made everything (the universe) ex nihilo. Doesn't that make it essentially magic poofing, even if you don't like the term?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
thats a very interesting article...if its true then it surely indicates that evolution happens much faster then the millions of years usually attributed to it

and if its true that evolution can happen that fast, then the 4,000 odd years since the ark and its 2 of each 'kind' is no problem for the diversity we see on earth today

Could you show your math? Thanks.