• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists: what prevents you from accepting ToE?

thau

Logic is not your strong suit, is it?

Logical Fallacy: Quoting Out of Context

You know... I am just not sure I have enough pity left to go around.

I really wish I could impress upon the counntless well-off people in the West that their idea of what life is all about is probably the greatest flaw in their being. Being successful, staying healthy, providing all you can for your children (at the expense of imbuing true wisdom) is a hopeless and tragic way to live.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess

I really wish I could impress upon the counntless well-off people in the West that their idea of what life is all about is probably the greatest flaw in their being. Being successful, staying healthy, providing all you can for your children (at the expense of imbuing true wisdom) is a hopeless and tragic way to live.

Please define "true wisdom".

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

What does this have to do with the subject of biological evolution?

Agnostic75

vanityofvanitys said:
I really wish I could impress upon the countless well-off people in the West that their idea of what life is all about is probably the greatest flaw in their being.

What is life about?

Where in the world do people know what life is about?

If you wish, you can start a new thread about these issues at the General Religious Debates forum.

Last edited:

thau

What is life about? If you wish, you can start a new thread about that issue at the General Religious Discussions forum.

It may take a little while, but so far, I have no problem with you. I think you ask many good questions.

Simple as this: I have no time to play along. That was the first post I made in a week or more. I would very much enjoy an exchange of ideas on this board, but I am under pressure to get a lot of things done at work and beyond.

We all do the best we can. Hope to talk to you later. (and attempt an answer at that question)

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong

???
I have a great life and no great flaws. Go condescend to someone who gives a damn what you think.

Who does this person think he is? lol

rusra02

Premium Member
The Bible also states that one can influence the coloration of your goats with striped stick during mating, does that leave no place for genetics?

No, the Bible does not so state. Jacob believed that would occur, and the Bible records that he acted accordingly. In time, God made it clear that God was responsible for Jacob's wealth, not what Jacob did. (Genesis 31:9-12)

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Oh, another religious non-westerner with something rammed a long way up their rear end pretending they're better than western people.

You disgust me with your arrogance.

thau

Oh, another religious non-westerner with something rammed a long way up their rear end pretending they're better than western people.

You disgust me with your arrogance.

That’s funny…. you do not disgust me. I like bold challenges, I do not detest the challenger.

You, on the other hand, (and do correct me if I am wrong) are so ready to attack anyone who dares think they know something you do not know.

And why is that?

Can I guess without being stoned to death for being so bold? Well, I think you are full of yourself for starters. You suffer from what all mankind suffers from… pride. You are so hell bent on making yourself look cool or wise or important that if anything or anyone comes along to suggest you are playing a fool’s game, you recoil.

I also see you have quite an adventurous mind that enjoys fantasy.
Religion: Tottenham Hotspur FC
Title: Guardian of Asgaard
And what is a mere mortal supposed to do with that kind of “knowledge?” Are you going to tell your dying friend “may the force be with you” or whatever other dungeons and dragons or star wars game playing jargon you occupied your time with?

Do you get it darkendless? I am neither intimidated by your anger and disgust, nor am I interested in being a kind, sappy Christian just for the sake of getting along with you. If I think you are walking off a cliff into a fire I am going to tell you what I am guessing. And how you react tells me a lot. If you react with real antipathy, well, then maybe I was onto something after all.

I mean, who would not feel insecure and weak when they know so little about the unknown or life after death? We all will face it… it would behoove any mortal to prepare for it as best one can. God is not nearly as big of a mystery as you apparently are purporting. There is a lot that can be known about God and our destinies. Is it not obvious this life is a trial and how we respond means everything? Or are you one of those Richard Dawkins type fools who boldly proclaims there is no God and we all came from dirt by chance?

And you want me to waste my life and my opportunity for heaven listening to that?!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
That’s funny…. you do not disgust me? I like bold challenges, I do not detest the challenger.

You, on the other hand, (and do correct me if I am wrong) are so ready to attack anyone who dares think they know something you do not know.

And why is that?

Can I guess without being stoned to death for being so bold? Well, I think you are full of yourself for starters. You suffer from what all mankind suffers from… pride. You are so hell bent on making yourself look cool or wise or important that if anything or anyone comes along to suggest you are playing a fool’s game, you recoil.

And what is a mere mortalsupposed to do with that kind of “knowledge?” Are you going to tell your dying friend “may the force be with you” or whatever other dungeons and dragons or star wars game playing jargon you occupied your time with?

Do you get it darkendless? I am neither intimidated by your anger and disgust, nor am I interested in being a kind, sappy Christian just for the sake of getting along with you. If I think you are walking off a cliff into a fire I am going to tell you what I am guessing. And how you react tells me a lot. If you react with real antipathy, well, then maybe I was onto something after all.

I mean, who would not feel insecure and weak when they know so little about the unknown or life after death? We all will face it… it would behoove any mortal to prepare for it as best one can. God is not nearly as big of a mystery as you apparently are purporting. There is a lot that can be known about God and our destinies. Is it not obvious this life is a trial and how we respond means everything? Or are you one of those Richard Dawkins type fools who boldly proclaims there is no God and we all came from dirt by chance?

And you want me to waste my life and my opportunity for heaven listening to that!!
what does have todo with the op? And what's with the flame war?

thau

what does have todo with the op? And what's with the flame war?

Maybe nothing. But you appear to be too hung up with protocol and decorum.

If it is of zero interest to you, why bother with the comment? Or is what I did a reportable offense?

The fact is… I have little free time these days so I am not interested in starting a top post on my thoughts, because that obligates me to providing responses to all posters --- in my way of thinking.

Evolution vs. creationism is a very closely related topic to God vs. no God. The ramifications are palpable. God could have provided an evolutionary process, I admit, but I think that is totally not the case. More importantly, there are far too many disbelievers in the Judeo-Christian God who embrace evolution (by chance or by “natural selection” whatever the heck that means?) to bolster their hopes or their claims. I find such a position to be utterly untenable.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Say no more.
You don't know what ToE is, but you know it's wrong.
Ya gotta love that? :biglaugh:

That has seemed to be the case with most creationists here. They don't accept a scientific idea that they have no real idea what it is. They're knowledge of the ToE is limited to what they're told by pastors and theologians. I'm still waiting for an answer from creationists here about why they don't accept the theory of gravity or the germ theory of disease, especially that last one.

fishy

that has seemed to be the case with most creationists here. They don't accept a scientific idea that they have no real idea what it is. They're knowledge of the toe is limited to what they're told by pastors and theologians. I'm still waiting for an answer from creationists here about why they don't accept the theory of gravity or the germ theory of disease, especially that last one.
especially.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Maybe nothing. But you appear to be too hung up with protocol and decorum.

If it is of zero interest to you, why bother with the comment? Or is what I did a reportable offense?

The fact is… I have little free time these days so I am not interested in starting a top post on my thoughts, because that obligates me to providing responses to all posters --- in my way of thinking.

Evolution vs. creationism is a very closely related topic to God vs. no God. The ramifications are palpable. God could have provided an evolutionary process, I admit, but I think that is totally not the case. More importantly, there are far too many disbelievers in the Judeo-Christian God who embrace evolution (by chance or by “natural selection” whatever the heck that means?) to bolster their hopes or their claims. I find such a position to be utterly untenable.
Your right I can report you, but id rather not. Just keep on topic and stop flaming out.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
No, the Bible does not so state. Jacob believed that would occur, and the Bible records that he acted accordingly. In time, God made it clear that God was responsible for Jacob's wealth, not what Jacob did. (Genesis 31:9-12)

I know, I know...goddidit.

Is that what keeps you from accepting biological evolution? The notion than despite the scientific impossibility of Creationism/ID, despite the mountains of scientific evidence in favor of biological evolution, if you just throw godidit in there, it all makes sense yo you?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
That’s funny…. you do not disgust me. I like bold challenges, I do not detest the challenger.

And why is that?

And what is a mere mortal supposed to do with that kind of “knowledge?” Are you going to tell your dying friend “may the force be with you” or whatever other dungeons and dragons or star wars game playing jargon you occupied your time with?

And you want me to waste my life and my opportunity for heaven listening to that?!!

No, i'm just quite disappointed in the way you put yourself above others in such a way.

Guardian of Asgaard - song by heavy metal band Amon Amarth
Tottenham Hotspur - family football team, even though the family no longer (for the most part lives in London).

This is not related.

When it comes to the afterlife, i'm 100% sure we will never understand and thus do not put my faith in mythical, hopeful tales of a nature designed to make the masses stand in line.
It amuses me highly that you use the word chance so lightly. What does by chance mean? We are the product of 4 billion years of environmental chance. Do you actually think that God plonked us here <40000 years ago? Did he place all those ancient fossils for us to find? Did he shape the geology of the earth personally? How can you make a logical conclusion here? You're putting definate answers with no support in place of developing science.

Not to get personal but this probably isn't a thread to talk about what i'd say to dying friends. I probably wouldn't fabricate obvious untruths telling them they're going to fly up to a cloud or burn in hell. Thats what i'd tell a child.... minus the part about hell.