• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn atheists! They just can't keep their ideas to themselves

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I had a hindu missionary try to convert me.

Probably one of the most likable missionaries I've met.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Was that supposed to be likeable or lickable?

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)
It was supposed to be what it said: likable.

I liked him but I sure wouldn't want to lick him. :facepalm:

(Basically he was likable because unlike the various Christian and Islamic missionaries I've run into, he was extremely soft-spoken, humble, and articulate.)

King Salmon

Freshmeat Member
Just another religion.

Huh? Excuse me if you meant that as a joke, but people may use that to substitute for thinking. Can you explain how it's supposed to be a religion? I can explain why it's not: atheism doesn't deal with the supernatural, religion does; atheism doesn't have in-group perks; there are no atheist leaders, just those better at arguing; the better-arguing atheists don't ask for allegiance; no rituals, worship, or holy writings; no revenge (consider rapture believers who expect to see unbelievers proved wrong after which awful things happen to them); no mass organization, which while not necessary for religion is very characteristic; etc. I'm sure this doesn't speak of all atheists, especially since some people consider atheism to mean paganism, but atheism in general looks nothing like a religion. On the actual article, I'll join in the LOL's. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Huh? Excuse me if you meant that as a joke, but people may use that to substitute for thinking. Can you explain how it's supposed to be a religion? I can explain why it's not: atheism doesn't deal with the supernatural, religion does; atheism doesn't have in-group perks; there are no atheist leaders, just those better at arguing; the better-arguing atheists don't ask for allegiance; no rituals, worship, or holy writings; no revenge (consider rapture believers who expect to see unbelievers proved wrong after which awful things happen to them); no mass organization, which while not necessary for religion is very characteristic; etc. I'm sure this doesn't speak of all atheists, especially since some people consider atheism to mean paganism, but atheism in general looks nothing like a religion. On the actual article, I'll join in the LOL's. :)
I agree with you technically, but we're also another "religion" for legal & some cultural purposes.
Greetings, & welcome aboard! Btw, dat's a tasty sounding moniker you gots dere.

King Salmon

Freshmeat Member
I agree with you technically, but we're also another "religion" for legal & some cultural purposes.
Greetings, & welcome aboard! Btw, dat's a tasty sounding moniker you gots dere.

We can pool our money together and evade taxes?! But thanks for the welcome. :)

linwood

Just what do you have against religious folk taking advantage of a senile old atheist? I don't see you complain when a lion attacks an elderly antelope. You've got a double standard going there!

But the lion just rips the organs from the antelopes still breathing body.

He doesn`t twist the old antelopes mind into pretzels causing him to proclaim that he has always been wrong and antelopes really do exist for no other reason than to give lions pleasure and then publish the old fools confused rantings throughout the lion kingdom.

I dunno, seems kind sleazy to me.

:)

linwood

Got some Hindu missionaries the other day. They said, "We just wanted to tell you, whatever your religion is, we're cool with that. Keep up the good work." :)

Jesus I hope they don`t keep that up.

**** like that could actually win converts.

Renji

The new atheists - lol. What was wrong with the old ones?

Just another religion.

It's part of the 'evolution' (I'd love to use this term). No wonder, maybe soon enough we'll gonna be hearing about the 'New Christians' too.:D

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I tell ya, the world is going to hell in a hand basket when people can say whatever they want.

From the November issue of AWAKE magazine.
ScreenShot006.jpg

source (pdf file)

Unlike the Jehovah's witnesses, who would never knock on someone's door just to share their views on religion. Oh, wait...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think atheists should wear chastity belts over their mouths that only responsible theists have the keys to.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Probably because they respect peoples privacy, unlike the JW's who bug the crap outta ya.......:D

I'd like to apologize in advance for that...

Just in case im knocking on your door at 8am tomorrow morning ;)