• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A much more basal octocow:

1679535761083.png

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Indeed.

Octopus is a gardener. Under the sea. Suddenly, slowly over several generations instantly they be. Come and see with me.

Those species staying the same species when no one expects them to change into another species or for cows to give birth to donkeys or whatever. Good thing we have a theory that people can't twist in their confusion and unfounded disdain.

How is the insect photography going? Looks like you keep finding cool stuff. Cool to me anyway, but I'm bug geek.

I haven't seen anything new of late, well nothing new that wants to sit still.

However my daughter and son in law have become interested in photography of late and I've been going with them. It's a good and bad thing, good because I enjoy their company but bad because it takes forever for them to get set up when we arrive. I grab my camera and get out of the car, they have 4,000 things to put in backpacks. So in the hour I'm waiting for them I look around for bugs.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't seen anything new of late, well nothing new that wants to sit still.

However my daughter and son in law have become interested in photography of late and I've been going with them. It's a good and bad thing, good because I enjoy their company but bad because it takes forever for them to get set up when we arrive. I grab my camera and get out of the car, they have 4,000 things to put in backpacks. So in the hour I'm waiting for them I look around for bugs.
So it is not all bad, since you get to look for bugs.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
So it is not all bad, since you get to look for bugs.

Definitely not all bad. Best part is I'm over 300 birds photographed and it's a challenge to find something new but they're still less than 100 so I can usually find something new for them. I just need to get them to minimise they're equipment to a camera and water bottle.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorilla–human_last_common_ancestor

So we have a fossil that is close, if not exactly at the point of divergence.
You don't really think I believe that. I love that phrase "not exactly at the point of divergence." Because it's ridiculous. Not exactly. Like they have more 'proof' hiding somewhere maybe. You can believe what you want or what seems relevant to you. I think the possible "commion ancestor" of humans & gorillas is a bunch of made up nonsense.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Definitely not all bad. Best part is I'm over 300 birds photographed and it's a challenge to find something new but they're still less than 100 so I can usually find something new for them. I just need to get them to minimise they're equipment to a camera and water bottle.
Some people get a kick out of getting stuff for going outdoors. I'm a little over fond of gizmos that I could survive without. But I try not to let it carry me away.

That's a lot of bird species. Did you accumulate that list gradually or was it sudden? Did you use a camera or did you get the pictures through a bottleneck?

Seriously, that is a pretty impressive number. I doubt I've seen much more than 20% of that list of species that I can identify if I'm lucky.

YoursTrue

That's the point. Man and gorilla have more similar genomes than man lemurs, who have more similar genomes than man and sharks, and man looks more like a gorilla than a lemur, and more like a lemur than a shark.

Interesting topic. You might agree: In the transition from prehuman apes to human apes, we see the foramen magnum, the hole in the skull through which the spinal cord passes, go from the occipital (posterior) position to the underside of the skull with the advent of bipedalism, the brow ridges flatten, the jutting forward of the lower face flattens as the muzzle disappears, the chin appears, and the teeth evolve - smaller canines, less enamel, and more vertical / less angled forward - to reflect the addition of meat to the diet and eventually the advent of fire. The cranial capacity more than triples as the low forehead became more human-like, the sagittal crests disappear, the temporal fossae - the depressions on the side of the upper skull - become shallower as jaw musculature diminishes, the shape of the cheeks (zygomatic arch) changes as the jaw musculature passing through diminishes, and the size of the lower jaw (mandible) diminishes as does the nuchal ridge in the lower back of the skull to which neck musculature attaches. There are also changes in the size of the ear holes, and the nose goes from flat to pointy during the transition from ancestral ape to modern man.

It might be difficult to decide which forms are ancestral rather than cousins, but man and gorilla definitely have common ancestors going back from where non-orangutan great apes (hominines - this week, anyway; the taxonomy is evolving) bifurcated into what would become gorillas from what would become man and chimps/bonobos (hominins) all the way back to the beginning of evolution. You and I have a last common ancestor, but it might be difficult to determine who that was. If you pick somebody, and we don't have an accurate genealogy, we can't know if either or both of us descended from that person or maybe form its sibling instead. But we know that such a person or couple must have existed. Likewise with the last common ancestor for any two clades.
There is no proof that gorillas, humans, chimpanzees and whatever else they say emerged (evolved) from a "Common Ancestor," still unknown, is true. One bone doesn't do the job. Neither do ideas that some humans have lots of hair on their backs, fronts, legs, etc. None whatsoever. Gorillas as of yet remain gorillas and humans stay humans. Now I find it interesting that it was brought out that the "races" of humankind is a misleading concept, since humans are humans no matter what color their skin is or how long their limbs are.

YoursTrue

Some people get a kick out of getting stuff for going outdoors. I'm a little over fond of gizmos that I could survive without. But I try not to let it carry me away.

That's a lot of bird species. Did you accumulate that list gradually or was it sudden? Did you use a camera or did you get the pictures through a bottleneck?

Seriously, that is a pretty impressive number. I doubt I've seen much more than 20% of that list of species that I can identify if I'm lucky.
Here I go again. Birds still remain birds. They can be so pretty, some to me are not so pretty. They are still birds with no evidence now that they evolve to another being NOT a bird. (They stay birds...beaks changing or not.)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I'm up to 323 and that's for my local bird club area, I've been working on it for about 10 years but have got the bulk of them in the last 4 years since I got a better camera. But I've only gotten 2 new species this year. I'd probably be at about 380 if I counted birds from the rest of Australia and overseas.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Here I go again. Birds still remain birds. They can be so pretty, some to me are not so pretty. They are still birds with no evidence now that they evolve to another being NOT a bird. (They stay birds...beaks changing or not.)

A bird is a bird and a mammal is a mammal. Me and you are mammals.