• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I never got that far. I'm still baffled why he'd think Sub would know that then in the same post accuse him of dodging the question. If I'd wanted to know I would have googled it myself but somehow I doubt if I'd find the information.
I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect any of us to know that sort of information right off the top of our heads. I know I didn't and still don't. I would think that the cat genome was available, just don't know what comparisons have been done and if that includes chimps and bonobos.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I never got that far. I'm still baffled why he'd think Sub would know that then in the same post accuse him of dodging the question. If I'd wanted to know I would have googled it myself but somehow I doubt if I'd find the information.
Not sure why any of us can't just look it up ourselves and see what is available.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
One would think at least 92% being we share around 96% of DNA with chimps. But being we are millions of years past chimpanzee's, they may be even closer related to cats.
Sorry but that does not make any sense. We are not evolved any more than either chimps or cats are. You appear to be making the error of assuming a goal for evolution.

We Never Know

No Slack
Sorry but that does not make any sense. We are not evolved any more than either chimps or cats are. You appear to be making the error of assuming a goal for evolution.

Did I say evolved more?

"But being we are millions of years past chimpanzees"

Guess what? We are many millions of years past dinosaurs.

We Never Know

No Slack

92%! Well look at that. Dan and I came up with the same answer of 92% off the top of our heads.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
We share 92% of DNA with cats.

My question to you(which I expect you will avoid) its what % of DNA to chimpanzees share with cats?
The question I have is where are the 1%-2% of dna that is missing between bonobos and humans? I mean what happened if they all came from a "Common Ancestor" leading to the supposedly ape family including humans?

We Never Know

No Slack
The question I have is where are the 1%-2% of dna that is missing between bonobos and humans? I mean what happened if they all came from a "Common Ancestor" leading to the supposedly ape family including humans?

Mutations. Everyone is born with 50-100 or more.
Add those up over millions of years.

We Never Know

No Slack
Well that clears it up

You seemed to insinuate you "heard it" when you used "sounded like".

Its easy to twist and/or manipulate a post.

If I say its hot as hell.. Am I saying I know how hot hell is or is it a figure of speech?

But I know what you meant(by your figure of speech).

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That is why I think he comes up all the time. As if science is mired in the past deeds of its great contributors, it can be brought down by bringing those "prophets" down.

Down it tumbles and what the believers believe, whether creationism or something dreamed up in the imagination of some alternative believer, becomes the replacement by default.

It is a strange idea that reveals much about the ignorance of those attacking Darwin.
The problem I have with the theory of evolution is that there is no proof. Now I know that proof and science don't seem to blend too well I have been told, but I personally take vaccinations and believe they help me and otheres to not get seriously ill from some diseases. I am not against science per se.
So while it is possible that different animals can interbreed and lose the essential dna needed to reproduce the same parentage from which they came, eventually removing the possibility they remain the same type of bird, bat, etc., I do not see any viable reason to think (beyond the theoretical possibilities posited by philosophical reasoners) that fish evolved by dna change to become landlubbers by natural selection. Thus, fish of different varieties remain fish, gorillas remain gorillas and of course, humans remain humans. Birds remain birds. I see no reason so far beyond philosophical ideas to think that fish evolved to become landlubbers, for exaample.