• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Probably an underwater thermal vent.

"Hydrothermal Origins

The unique environment of hydrothermal vents allows for some natural chemical reactions that can produce molecules that may have played a role in the formation of the first living cells on Earth."
But, of course, neither you nor any human knows. Some may guess, but they don't know. Thanks for your conjecture though, guessed at by some scientists. By the way, do you know if hydrothermal vents are still producing chemical reactions that scientists have currently observed playing a role in the formation of live cells?

YoursTrue

Bible still explains nothing about life.

As I keep telling you, explanations required detailed information, otherwise (A) they are just matter of opinions, or (B) they are useless descriptions.

it is B for the Bible, and from your interpretation of the Bible, it is both A & B.
It doesn't explain cell structure, that's true. But then the Bible is not a science textbook. Things change in science anyway. What was considered true not that long ago is no longer taken as true.
Bible still explains nothing about life.

As I keep telling you, explanations required detailed information, otherwise (A) they are just matter of opinions, or (B) they are useless descriptions.

it is B for the Bible, and from your interpretation of the Bible, it is both A & B.
I know our opinions and/or outlooks differ. I do believe the Bible explains a great deal about life. Not cell structure. What it says about life for me is wonderful. Not a fairytale but something helpful, real and true. I go to doctors when I think it's necessary.

cladking

No, scientists use testable models.

No....

Models are results of experiment made by every individual scientist and differ.

Scientists use logic and evidence to create testable hypotheses and ONLY experiment is the means to test them.

How do people keep getting such fundamental concepts so wrong? I believe it is because the desire to believe in Darwin is so strong. Everyone wants to believe that nature wants the fittest to survive so we can all march hand in hand to a glorious and ever fitter future.

Life is already fit enough and has been since long before Darwin was born. Life is cooperation not competition.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No....

Models are results of experiment made by every individual scientist and differ.

Scientists use logic and evidence to create testable hypotheses and ONLY experiment is the means to test them.

How do people keep getting such fundamental concepts so wrong? I believe it is because the desire to believe in Darwin is so strong. Everyone wants to believe that nature wants the fittest to survive so we can all march hand in hand to a glorious and ever fitter future.

Life is already fit enough and has been since long before Darwin was born. Life is cooperation not competition.
You once again demonstrate your scientific illiteracy. Hypotheses are models, well to be more specific, after a hypothesis has been tested and confirmed it is both a model and a hypothesis. And far more hypotheses fail than succeed. But we almost never hear of the failures. We tend to hear only of the hypotheses that at least pass their first tests. Or in other words, models

This article may help:

cladking

It's clearly both.

Of course there is some competition and this is especially true within species and as related to sexual concerns. But life cooperates to fill every niche and to maximize the total amount of life in every place. In the big picture life is about cooperation though as you say there is a lot of competition as well. Species "compete" for food but just like birds of a feather taking turns at your feeder there is plenty to go around. When the jays are on the feeder the cardinals are on the hostas. It all gets eaten and nothing truly goes to waste.

Most of what men do goes to waste but homo omnisciencis is the odd man out. We are out of step with nature and don't even understand the concept of "consciousness". To us nature looks like survival of the fittest, competition, and death itself because of the way we think. In order to attempt communication with so much knowledge we must use abstraction and think differently than every other individual in nature.

Yes, competition exists and is important but it is not a defining characteristic of "life" but rather the nature of individual consciousness.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
But, of course, neither you nor any human knows. Some may guess, but they don't know. Thanks for your conjecture though, guessed at by some scientists. By the way, do you know if hydrothermal vents are still producing chemical reactions that scientists have currently observed playing a role in the formation of live cells?

Probably. Those vents are filled with lots of life and unique organisms. But I'm not knowledgeable about all aspects of science. Just like you know nothing about my religion.

Also, whether it was observed currently or not doesn't mean it did not happen in the past or that the Many Gods did it.

Not sure why you think the answer "I don't know" means it must be "God" (at least that's what your posts imply).

YoursTrue

Probably. Those vents are filled with lots of life and unique organisms. But I'm not knowledgeable about all aspects of science. Just like you know nothing about my religion.

Also, whether it was observed currently or not doesn't mean it did not happen in the past or that the Many Gods did it.

Not sure why you think the answer "I don't know" means it must be "God" (at least that's what your posts imply).
I didn't say if something is not known it must therefore be God. Perhaps we can discuss that at length another time.

YoursTrue

I don't think all esteemed scientists think life began (somehow) maybe in thermal vents. Perhaps this? https://www.science.org/content/article/how-ancient-cataclysm-may-have-jump-started-life-earth