• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

We Never Know

No Slack
Well maybe not other universes, though I have heard certain scientists say that the math predicts that. But in our own universe life is probably fairly common.

I will give you one...then we well see

If you think life, that self arose is probably common, why don't you think a universe that self arose is also common?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

If you think life, that self arose is probably common, why don't you think a universe that self arose is also common?
Totally different processes.

EDIT: And I said I could be wrong. It is just my own personal prejudice when it comes to one universe.

We Never Know

No Slack
Totally different processes.

EDIT: And I said I could be wrong. It is just my own personal prejudice when it comes to one universe.

Self arose/natural arose is the process. It happened with both the universe and life.
However without the universe self/natural arising, life wouldn't have arose.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Self arose/natural arose is the process. It happened with both the universe and life.
No, that is akin to arguing that geese are beaver since they both arose through a natural process.

We know that the laws of chemistry are the same across the universe. We know that there are countless planets with the right chemicals and temperatures.

We do not know if there are any other universes.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, that is akin to arguing that geese are beaver since they both arose through a natural process.

We know that the laws of chemistry are the same across the universe. We know that there are countless planets with the right chemicals and temperatures.

We do not know if there are any other universes.

"We do not know if there are any other universes."

We don't know if there are any other life forms either.

Just because we don't know doesn't make it impossible.

It took physics and chemistry to create it all.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

If you are not going to pay attention to explanations why should anyone respond to you.

Or if you don't understand ask questions.

Rude misrepresentation will not get you anywhere.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, there is 'Many-world interpretation' of Quantum Mechanics, but scientists are not convinced about it.
Many-worlds interpretation - Wikipedia

In science, what one person says is not automatically accepted as The Truth. That happens in religions only. In science, the theory is shredded and dissected.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Well, there is 'Many-world interpretation' of Quantum Mechanics, but scientists are not convinced about it.
Many-worlds interpretation - Wikipedia

We have no clue what exists out there.
Heck we don't even know what exists in our oceans.

"In fact, most of the waters remain unexplored, uncharted and unseen by our eyes. It might be shocking to find out, but only 5% of the ocean has been explored and charted by humans. The rest, especially its depths, are still unknown."

2022: How much of the Ocean have we explored to date

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

"In fact, most of the waters remain unexplored, uncharted and unseen by our eyes. It might be shocking to find out, but only 5% of the ocean has been explored and charted by humans. The rest, especially its depths, are still unknown."

Not knowing is not the same as having no clue.

gnostic

The Lost One

I would rather that the oceans be unexplored.

We have already polluted the lands, I rather that corporations don’t also exploit the oceans, seeking natural resources, underwater.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Because we know chemistry. It's familiar, understood and easily observed and tested.
Creation of whole Universes? --Not so familiar, observable or testable.
Huh???

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

. Nobody's saying either is impossible, but which is more likely, given what we know of chemistry and biology?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

What's your point? What are you trying to refute?

We Never Know

No Slack
Because we know chemistry. It's familiar, understood and easily observed and tested.
Creation of whole Universes? --Not so familiar, observable or testable.

Huh???

"Huh???"

Its pretty self-explanitory...Self arose/natural arose is the process. It happened with both the universe and life. However without the universe self/natural arising, life wouldn't have arose."

"Creation of whole Universes? --Not so familiar, observable or testable."

Yet here we are in our universe.

LIIA

Life without consciousness probably isn't even really possible because a collection of chemicals and cells would not learn how to stay alive or reproduce. Rather we are talking about "consciousness" and the coding of consciousness. Yet we don't even understand the nature of consciousness or where to find it.

True.

The NDE studies points to the fact that our conscious/self-aware beings are independent from the physical body.

Consciousness is not a physical characteristic of matter. It’s a non-physical characteristic of life.

It makes perfect sense to me that there could be an Ultimate Causation and this expressed itself through consciousness.

Yes, logically, this is the only way. Whatever is contingent must have its roots in the absolute.

With respect to consciousness, if there was no consciousness before, there is no consciousness now.

Ultimately, if there was nothing before, there is nothing now.